Below is a summary (Note: I do not run with a builder) -
DW vs Skorn
1. DW is slightly stronger for DTWW for AoE DPS. I have top DW weapons (1177 DPS MH Axe / 1262 OH EF) and I hit the 3.35 IAS breakpt on MH for DW.
2. Skorn is significantly stronger for ST DPS (especially vs yellow bosses / goblins). Took out a MP10 goblin in 7 secs.
3. Fury management is obviously more difficult with Skorn. For this reason, I use animosity.
4. You need a crap ton of IAS to make this work
5. You can maintain Perma WoTB with Skorn using either WW or HoTA. I have -5 to HoTA and with the high crit rate, WoTB is constantly at full duration vs just 1 target
On average, they take approximately 20-25 secs to down. The first encounter consisted of 2 elite packs (yellow + champ) both combined took me 30 secs to down. A single elite yellow boss takes me approximately 15 secs to down using HoTA.
1. Bridge -> Arreat 2 -> Keeps 2 (high populated areas but I can just as easily maintain perma WoTB in lower populated ones)
2. First WoTB lasted me 14 mins across all 3 maps
Video Link: Skorn
Video Link: DW
Video Link: Skorn - Azmodan MP10 35 secs (3.96 mn DPS)
Overall Skorn is very effective and alot of fun. I played a Seismic Slam / Whirlwind build and the results were pretty impressive. My previous experiments with Skorn was always somewhat lacklustre but the trick really was animosity for the fury management. I would not be going back to DW anytime soon.
*NEW* - WW build using Revenge: Best Served Cold
Video Link: VOTA MP10 (12.7 Secs Avg Elite Kill)
EDIT1: Added DW Video
EDIT2: Added Skorn Azmodan Video
EDIT3: Added VOTA MP10 Video