Diablo® III

All "Black" Damage Weapon

How much will one help me out vs the MCK I have on now?

I can't get any definitive info on it and what type of weapon I need to target, axe, spear, another knife.

thanks
Reply Quote
your best bet is to use a calculator...... to be able to get the most out of zuni's and tal's (im assuming thats why your wanting to go black).... your best option is a low base as weapon like a spear because if you have a sword and a spear same dps the spear gets more of its dps from actual dmg where as the sword from as (just look at the low high ranges directly beneath a weapons dps) because its these numbers that receive added %dmg (as well as any dmg on mojo or jewelery).... hope this helps!!!
Edited by Danevil#1608 on 12/31/2012 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm afraid I didn't understand your post, Danevil. Is there anyway you or someone else could elaborate?
Reply Quote
when calculating the %ele increase it only increases direct weapon dmg (before att speed) so take my spear for ex its dmg as listed between weapon dps and weapon att sp is 673-1175 this is then avg giving 924 so my weapons avg dps from dmg alone is 924 this number is then multiplied by my weapons att sp of 1.2 giving my 1108.7 dps weapon.... with a sword the same dps because the att sp multiplier is higher the dmg numbers are lower..... the % ele dmgs from your items only increases your black dmg and not dmg done from att speed so seeing as the spear has slightly higher numbers it benefits more!!!! .... but the ele dmg also increases dmg output from your mojo or jewelery ie +min or +max or +min/max......hope this clears things up a bit!!!
Edited by Danevil#1608 on 12/31/2012 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Slade
I'm afraid I didn't understand your post, Danevil. Is there anyway you or someone else could elaborate?

do you at least know what a blk weapon is? and why he wants one?
Reply Quote
Is a LS Skorn viable? It's all Black damage and a slow cast speed. My sheet dps will drop considerably if I went with one but I'm not sure if the extra 20% elemental from my gear will make up for it.

Please keep in mind that I'm Bears build WD. I have a feeling that there's a lot of "hidden" dps that I'm not taking advantage of by not having a "Black" damage weapon.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 12/31/2012 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Is a LS Skorn viable? It's all Black damage and a slow cast speed. My sheet dps will drop considerably if I went with one but I'm not sure if the extra 20% elemental from my gear will make up for it.

Please keep in mind that I'm Bears build WD. I have a feeling that there's a lot of "hidden" dps that I'm not taking advantage of by not having a "Black" damage weapon.

cant help really with the bear side.... im the anti-bear!!! lol but your best bet is to go to d3rawr load up your profile and check it out.... if you can give me the complete details of the weapon you want id be glad to check it out for you if you cant figure out how to use it! but my guess is a skorn might not be the best choice because of the high dmg your mojo has it to benefits from the %ele dmg so you will lose that as well
Reply Quote
Let me get more familiar with d3rawr.

thanks
Reply Quote
Dan, if I were to swap out to your weapon on d3rawr, it's showing me with an increase of +22756.81 dps...is that correct?
Reply Quote
i get more like 800 because you would be loosing 200 int 40chd if you get a spear like mine with same chd and int as your ...yes it would!!

over on the right hand side is where you can change those stats!!!
Edited by Danevil#1608 on 12/31/2012 9:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
thanks buddy...this is a great tool.
Reply Quote
np!!! especially when its costing 50-200m an item kind of expense for a "test"
Edited by Danevil#1608 on 12/31/2012 9:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Danevil

do you at least know what a blk weapon is? and why he wants one?

Yup, just was having a hard time following your original post. I got what you were saying now. Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]