Diablo® III

gold websites spamming me with friend request

(Locked)

so everyday i log on and ive got multiple friend requests from gold websites. the biggest amount of requests comes from [Removed]. i constantly report these for harassment and block requests but i just keep getting flooded with more and more. this is really tiring having to spend the first 5 minutes after logging in doing nothing more than reporting and blocking gold sites.

you all are quick to ban real players for any little thing and talk about how you are trying to make it an enjoyable experience and how theres possibly going to be a report botter button. if people are botting in game i really dont care, what does bother me is getting flooded with website /f request and you all turning a blind eye to it. that was one of the big ruins of d2 was having to block all private messages from people not on your friends list because websites were spamming you in game. along with spambots that invaded games and made them gfull.

im questioning whether the diablo 3 dev team is actually receiving monetary bonuses from these sites in order for you all not to ban them or their accounts. nothing was ever done in d2 to address this rampant problem and the same is being done in d3. if you want to make this a better experience for the players then get rid of this crap for a change. i fully expect my thread to be closed or deleted probably along with my access to these forums for expressing my frustration at the lack of effort on the part of blizzard to address this problem but at least im getting this out here. hopefully more people will complain enough about this and the inaction will be resolved.
Edited by Vaeflare on 1/2/2013 4:27 PM PST
better than having no friends
unlike you i do have friends on there. nice try (not really) though
just got 2 more requests while i was making this thread lol.
12/31/2012 10:28 AMPosted by JDH
unlike you i do have friends on there. nice try (not really) though

im guessing you're getting more by the second!
60 Gnome Mage
I just got the game for christmas and I have only gotten one request with such spam. Blocked the user and haven't seen another yet.
IT GETS BETTER -- I hadn't played the game in months.

When I logged back on--you guessed it!--two dozen friend requests were queued up for me.

I reported the first six or eight as spam, then--YOU GUESSED IT!--it was *I* who got punished because the system automatically disconnected me (when you report too many, it treats you as if you'd logged on/off too many times in too short a time span).

Go figure.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Now, I report only the first one, and just deny the requests of the others.

Blizzard, you might want to re-think your implementation of this.
bump for a blue response
the report feature leads to an empty trash folder named "trolololol"
Blizzard Employee
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

I have been reporting them forever, and they're still so persistent >_>....
Umm Vaefire, why not just disable the ability for TRIAL accounts to send or make friend requests.

The game already has them flagged as different from Full users, why can they even MAKE friend requests.

Blocking them from being able to make friend requests would solve ALL of the spam instantly.
I hear ya, OP. Since release, I've been getting 1-2 "friend" requests every day with these gold sellers, each of which I have reported for spam. It doesn't necessarily bother me, but I do hope Blizzard eventually does something to stop these companies en masse. I do understand the respective team is taking action, but I think these gold sellers outnumber Blizzard's available resources as it is currently.
Actually 99% of the spam requests are from the 2 3rd party websites (i am not going to name them here and give advertising, everybody who plays knows who they are)

Just remove the ability for trial accounts to send or make friend requests. Or view "Friends Of Friends"

BOOM. spam problem solved for 99.99% of all spam.
Can there be a "Report & Block Forever and Ever" Button.

Please :)
01/02/2013 05:49 PMPosted by skitzflik
Umm Vaefire, why not just disable the ability for TRIAL accounts to send or make friend requests.
I always geyt an error wjen rwporting
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]