Diablo® III

gold websites spamming me with friend request

(Locked)

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but even when I Block communications, I still receive these spam messages from the EXACT SAME PEOPLE. Is there a way to permanantly cut communication or are we doomed to be smothered by spam until the dev team decides to something?
I get the same requests from 'PVPbank.whatever'; 2-3/day!!! I've tried reporting them, blocking them etc. but the same types of messages still come through.

Surely the dev team could implement a spam filter or a way for users to block requests from 'players' with fixed phrases in them. In my case anything with PVP in it?

I feel your pain :)
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

Is it possible to include a captcha (or similar system) for sending friend requests within the game's current technology?
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

Is it possible to include a captcha (or similar system) for sending friend requests within the game's current technology?

Real people are the ones logging in. The chat is spammed by scripts. It would take someone 2 secs to enter a captcha.
I get the same requests from 'PVPbank.whatever'; 2-3/day!!! I've tried reporting them, blocking them etc. but the same types of messages still come through.

Surely the dev team could implement a spam filter or a way for users to block requests from 'players' with fixed phrases in them. In my case anything with PVP in it?

I feel your pain :)

Wouldnt work. Theyd just use symbols instead of letters like they do in wow. Easiest way to get rid of them is to make the authenticator mandatory. One stop solution to get rid of gold farmers.
01/02/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users

I continue to report everyone, but my block list filled up a long long time ago : / Has the block limit since been removed?
Blizzard games are the only ones these spammers are a major problem in. I think the spammers are actually Blizzard themselves to further line their pockets.
I usually average 1 every three day's; But just decline them. I buy what I need outright with Auction House game card's; Gold request have gone down since.

This is such BS right here. I have received these friends requests from the same tag and the same gold selling sites since the third day this game went live. You are doing little, IF anything at all.
08/27/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Crizaig
Blizzard games are the only ones these spammers are a major problem in. I think the spammers are actually Blizzard themselves to further line their pockets.
Go play Neverwinter and see how much gold spam they get. It is a problem in every single online game and always will be.
Blocking them does not seem to work. I had a couple accounts blocked, but they kept sending me invites. Maybe they deleted the account and added it back with the same name?

I also used to report them. Taking a few minutes each day to report them got boring, so I do not anymore. I am currently up to 97 unanswered friend requests.
just want to add that i experience this gold websites spamming friend request nonstop.
the best part is that this only goes on when i actively play d3. when i play sc2, there are less volume of spamming. just fyi.
01/02/2013 06:08 PMPosted by EViLSPECTRUM
i have 5 msg's a day from gold spammers.... Can we get their IP's and pee on their houses ?

you're assuming they are living in houses. more likely, they are living in large dormitories in china.
08/27/2013 10:59 AMPosted by Barlion
Go play Neverwinter and see how much gold spam they get. It is a problem in every single online game and always will be.

I don't play Neverwinter because it sucks balls. However, I have played pretty much every other game on the market and Diablo II, Diablo III, and World of Warcraft are the only games that I have actually been annoyed by the constant spamming of this crap.
I can't add anyone else to blocked list. Gold spammers have 100's of names.. Blizzard limits the number we can block. Maybe make list number unlimited ?? Then we can finally silence them for good !!!

You have the tools to block and report...yet when you made this, you put a very low limit on blocks and they simply just tell you your list is full, then it just goes away, and again the spam comes. You need to remove the limit or raise it substantially. The spam has increased in the last week! I have never even received it much until this last week.

@ Blizzard:

Just to let you know....when I take a break from D3 and play Starcraft II, I still receive the D3 bot spam requests. Not real friend requests, just advertising outside gold buying businesses. It's not as easy to report this bot spam in starcraft [because I have to leave a little message explaining what the spam complaint actually is].

But when I'm actively playing D3, it seems as I right*click to report the bot spam in the chat [and then block communication] I seem to receive more and more of them---and it feels like it has something to do with me right clicking them and reporting them.

It's like when I touch them, with my mouse, I set off a trigger, to receive more and more bot spam friend requests in which the the message is simply advertising a website. It's like: When I report them, they are making fun of me at the same time for reporting them.

I can't just block communication either, because as soon as one logs off, another gets one. This isn't an accurate account name, it's just off the top of my head, but this is about what I see:

------------------------------------------------------------------

AX3Z_01 : copy/paste an add

[I report spam, I block communication so I don't see the spam post again]

I immediately see afterward:

AX3Z_02 : Same copy paste

[report spam...but wow...how can I block communication].

------------------------------------------------------------------

I find myself trying to block this crap during elite backs, and sometimes I die because I'm trying to be animated to block it. I try to get rid of it, so I can see the regular chat traffic. It's really annoying. I MEAN, REALLY....ANNOYING.

I even sacrifice myself in the middle of a fight to block this crap.

It's still here.

It's unfortunate, because I feel like if Blizzard left a post explaining how they combat this, it would give away too much intel to them. But in actuality, it makes my play experience involving this friend request mechanic awkward and troublesome in other blizzard games, d3 and starcraft.

I wish it would just go away. If you want to buy gold, just use the RMAH and not some foreign website. There is a reason the RMAH is there...and players should just use it.

@Community of Players Active in this Game

I hope nobody has any incentive to really use these foreign Gold for Cash websites that get advertised like phishing spam in your college email account for student loans. It really takes a dumb individual, to agree to purchase from spam advertisements that acts in this nature.......but apparently people still do it.

EDIT: Because if you are dumb enough to travel with A web browser to one of these advertised Gold-for-Cash d3/wow websites, then you deserve to have your account hacked. There...I said it. Have fun with your keystroke-monitoring software-virus, you bunch of fools!

Use the RMAH, buy the gold there, or hell, sell your gold there. That's WHY Blizzard made the RMAH!

And to all you Nay-Saying negative Nancies saying the RMAH is what made this game *bad*, then you are either afraid of it, or don't really know what you're talking about. The RMAH keeps these gold fiends from charging the morons a stupid price; [and/or stealing their identity...with whatever operation they may actually be running]. The RMAH was a good idea, and it's in place to protect the players, and give them something fair and secure. Blizzard was smart to recognize that in d2 there was a black market item trade outside of the game, and a lot of players ended up getting ripped off. They recognized people in WoW bought gold from outside trade entities that either ripped them off, or hacked their accounts with keystroke viruses upon pressing enter to go to their website.

You're lucky you have a RMAH. It's unfortunately the botters and scam artists still function.

TL;DR Don't feel the trolls.
Edited by BrownTown#1836 on 8/27/2013 12:04 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]