Diablo® III

gold websites spamming me with friend request

(Locked)

Block communication should, um, block friend requests. Durka durr, said Captain Obvious.
I get 2 per day.

It is annoying but Blizzard is doing something about it.

I got my brother this game for christmas, and learned that all new accounts get screened before trading or even dropping visible items is possible.

Can't say how effective it is but there is something being done about it.

If you guys at blizzard are willing to do account screening, what about a limit of friend requests per account? Say 2-5 a day? This would cut down spamming quite a bit.
This is just so sad... :( every day we get 1-3 new gold site friend request... And I agree taking trail accounts ability to send them would be helpful...
You don't do squat. Step up it up you girls.
There will always be junk friend requests just like there will always be junk e-mail and junk real mail. Getting indignant with Blizzard when they do a lot about it isn't helpful.
70 Tauren Paladin
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

Out of curiosity, what steps? Unsure if serious. Not trying to jump down your throat here, but I have, do, and will continue to receive 20-50 gold seller requests per day.

Nothing's changed. Ever. Not for a single day.

So, care to elaborate a little? Or is nothing actually being done?
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

how about you allow players to have a 100 line or 1000 line keyword blacklist. that way they can block by themselves.

ie: anything with that keyword in the message is autoblocked or autodecline. and obviously if I hate people, then I will just add the letter e to the blocklist.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/2/2013 7:33 PM PST
How on earth does anybody get from 50 to 100 friend requests from gold sellers (or anyone else) a day????

I put a lot of hours into the game every day and never catch more than five or six. What? do I have smelly feet? Or is it that I don't play in enough public games to get the gold sellers attention?

Truth be told, I don't play in ANY public games. I either play with people that I know, or I play solo. Maybe y'all are advertising yourselves in all the pub games you're getting into?
I want the option to disable anyone from friend requesting me. I do not want to come into the game and click 15 times to report spam or ignore the requests.

Just give me the option to block all requests, and if there is someone I want as a friend I can take the block off right quick.

Or an option to disable any friend requests while the account is offline. Clicking No to one every now and then is not so bad, compared to a log full of them if you haven't logged in for a week.

OR, have a trio of options. Main one to block all requests, and two sub options, to allow all offline requests, and the other to allow all online requests. So you could change it up however, with a tiny bit of control.

One last time - I want to be able to disable friend requests. Not just block individual users who will be deleted and remade so I have to do it all over again. :(
IT GETS BETTER -- I hadn't played the game in months.

When I logged back on--you guessed it!--two dozen friend requests were queued up for me.

I reported the first six or eight as spam, then--YOU GUESSED IT!--it was *I* who got punished because the system automatically disconnected me (when you report too many, it treats you as if you'd logged on/off too many times in too short a time span).

Go figure.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Now, I report only the first one, and just deny the requests of the others.

Blizzard, you might want to re-think your implementation of this.
I had this exact same thing happen to me when I came back last week. Can we just get a setting somewhere to auto decline all friend requests?

Yet another generic "we aren't doing anything about this problem" response
I would l.o.v.e to block them except there's so many of them, my block list is completely full.
01/02/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Vaeflare
we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously

Right, logged in after 2 weeks and the gold seller is still alive.
this is absolutely ridiculous. How hard is it to block anything with PVE gold whatever and goldah.com in the friend request. I have got literally 50times more requests from these people then I have in my friends list. All it leads me to believe is that you allow gold farmers to exist. Although gold farming isnt really a detriment to the game. Gold went from 0.30 to 0.39 when the ban wave hit. Now its 0.26 after the no pvp announcement.
same here, about 2 daily requests

my block list is full, if I un-block some of them... will they get green light to spam again?

Please Blizz, show us some real proof you're working very hard on it, it would be very much appreciated

and I understand this is a difficult issue to fix
CANT LOGIN ERROR 3007 PLS HELP..
Anybody else LOLOL that spammers are making posts that are "popular topics" because of the amount of replies? feel like Blizz should tidy that bit up first.
Why not simply allow the player to block all incoming invites? Imo someone isn't worth befriending if they can't even have the decency to at least speak to you before sending the friend request, even less these jerks.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]