Diablo® III

gold websites spamming me with friend request

(Locked)

01/02/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Vaeflare
taking the time

I'm not any more, and I shouldn't have to, and I think you are spreading misinformation that this actually "helps" because anyone can see for themselves that there has been no significant reduction in spam since Day 1. This is Blizzard's problem to fix, not yet another means of sapping the lives of your customers. Game wastes enough time as it is. Players "fighting" spam is like players "fighting" the ridiculously low quality of item drops: nothing ever comes of it.

P.S. I'll just leave this here ........ http://tinypic.com/r/5z0efq/6
One barrier that keeps players such as myself from reporting gold friend request spammers is that it takes an extra click (or two) to file a report due to the need to confirm that you want to file the report. Since it only takes a single click to simply decline a friend request it is much easier and time efficient to do so when I login and simply want to play the game. This wouldn't be an issue for me if I only had 1 or 2 of these spam requests upon logging in but sometimes I'll have 5 (or 20 if I haven't logged in for a week). When this happens I am never going to go through 3 clicks for every request in order to report them. Mass decline is the clear path for a player eager to mash demons.

My suggestion to Blizzard is to make it easier for players to report gold spammers so that players are more willing to do so.
I think what aggravates a lot of people is that the community frequently not only points out problems with the game but also attempts to provide solutions, then Blizzard says "we're working on it" and nothing changes.

For example, this thread offers several good systematic solutions to gold spamming:

1) Prevent trial accounts from sending out friend requests or cap them at 5 per day. They could still be social by accepting friend requests.

2) Limit all players to 5 or 10 friend requests per day.

3) Allow players to "block all friend requests"

4) Allow players to "block offline friend requests"

5) Filter all friend requests for certain keywords (particularly domain names). Sure this will lead to "Bu y Vi4gr@ now" type spam, but at least it would show that you're serious.

6) Don't kick people offline for reporting spammers. If you're worried about abuse of the report function, keep a counter for total reports by each player and monitor for excessive reporting of valid accounts.

These are all pretty trivial to implement. Is there a better solution not listed? Probably, but that doesn't stop you from taking steps to make the game better.

The reason people cry on the forums so much is that everybody can see the problems except for Blizzard and the company resists suggestions for improvement. I mean seriously, what other business is so averse to feedback from their customers?
85 Human Paladin
We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

Logged on for the first time in a month and may I request a "report all as spam" button?

There were dozens of these stupid friend requests... Having to go through and deny each one in the list was pretty tiresome.
Edited by Pugastrius#1226 on 1/3/2013 9:43 AM PST
Agree with everyone here. The gold spam garbage is so freakin annoying it was actually a factor in me not playing this game anymore. Clearly Blizzard doesn't give a crap. They just don't. That blue response is a JOKE. Generic CSR bull!@#$. This company is dying by their own hand, which is so sad. Either all the good people left and all you have now is a bunch of idiots running the show, or they're too busy rolling around in piles of cash to give a damn. Probably a little of both.

Blizzard thinks these little issues aren't important to gamers but they damn well are. They keep ignoring the small stuff all the while it's ruining the whole experience.

Get your head out of your asses Blizzard and start DOING SOMETHING.
I logged in after being away for 2 weeks. 89 friend requests waiting for me. And when I try to block them, I get an error saying my block list is full. Why are these stupid bots allowed to send me multiple requests each? Limit the number to 1 max should fix this to some degree too.
I have gotten 97 friends request during a span of a few days, I must be so popular...FTW~
Dude your an idiot, you dont care about botters, but you care about the friend requests from gold sites?

whats the matter with you man?

OMG...what a tool!

I believe you meant fool...right?
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

I am sorry but with all due respect, I have to call shenanigans with this response.

You do not take them seriously at all. This is evident by the fact that the same Gold Spammers that attempted to add me over 2 months ago are still attempting to add me today. Blocking the request simply leads to another of their accounts asking me. I have reported them many times throughout that time period when I was allowed to. There was a span there for a while that I got an error every time.

It is not difficult to see that the spammers are doing it. In every friend requests body it is the same websites name. How is that not a violation of the ToS ????

How is that difficult to combat ? Institute a filter system which looks for the websites name and address in the body of the Friend Request. Simply ban each and every account that advertises a 3rd party website. Period.

I get really sick of reporting them day after day with no progress on the matter.

You say "We’re always looking to improve your online experience". Get serious about it. This has always been a problem, and I KNOW that even if you ban the accounts today, they will be back with more in a few hours. However it is a start.

If you do not wish to do that, then institute a system for US to allow us to filter who can send us a friend request. It was mentioned earlier in the thread and I think it is a good idea: Adding a button to Block all incoming friend requests.

Do something about it though.

Thank you.
Honestly i do not see any sense of urgency. i get no less than 5 to 10 spam requests per day.
on top of that the block system does NOT block incoming friend requests. i have a block list the size of a small server with multiple same name blocks. please explain to me how difficult it would be to put in options a block all incoming friend requests? then it would as simple as sending a tell to (-----) whomever "i would like to friend you are you currently blocking imcoming friend requests"? I am trying to be constructive with a little venting on the first part.
Can we have an option to only accept friend requests in game?
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

Mhmm.. That why every time I log in I have to spend time declining invites from gold spammers?? That is one of the reasons I didn't want people easy access to my profile name.. !!!!! Try banning IP addresses and Mac addresses.. This game has no privacy at all, no other game I play do I get friend requests from crappy gold selling sites.
Edited by Jables#1843 on 1/3/2013 4:10 PM PST
I'm still getting about 5-6 spam friend requests on a daily basis. Is this supposed to be regular?
Report system is not even working I keep getting Error 3000005
Getting at least 4-5 a day and keep reporting but to no avail, this walmart one is driving me crazy!!!!

Individual "players" are not the issue, it is the websites that are the problem you could ban every account we report but they will just get more and continue to harass us. Is there anything you can do against the sites themselves?
01/03/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Jables
Report system is not even working I keep getting Error 3000005

I think it means Report system is currently full and cannot process your request at this time...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]