Diablo® III

gold websites spamming me with friend request

(Locked)

is multiboxing legal i have isboxer it allows me to play 4 account wioth one computer no i dont bot or uuse hacks i just wandering becuase if it is i will uninstall i am being honest bout my game play i just got the program and starting using it it donst take or place any information into diablo folders it allow me to split my screen many times to use multle thing at once forinstance i can run 4 accounts on one game yes i purchased duiablo 4 times i just would like to know if this is legal
+10! Just got 36 more of them. They seem to be a constant 6-7 people/ accounts/ user names. Now it says my blocking list is full = =. They send one to me about every 2 min!

EDIT: Does anyone's friend request say D3 Walmart???
Edited by Luna#1643 on 1/3/2013 8:34 PM PST
It's getting worse, early on it was a rare occurence to get spam friend requests, now i see them daily, every time i log in i get a minimum of 10, sometimes as high as 25 in a 24 hour period. I log in every day or the list would get rediculous. Sure reporting as spam and using the enter key you can rip thru the reports, but still i'm sick of getting them all the time, and its always the same people, even though i've tried to block them over and over. Whats with the block sender option if it still allows the same spammers to hammer you repeatedly? Blizzard definitely needs to rectify the problem, anyone who needs gold that bad can easily find the sites outside of the game without resorting to in game friends selling gold.

I for one don't need your gold, don't want to be friends with you, so stop sending me requests.
There has been zero decline in the gold spammers.

Apparently Blizzard, you aren't doing a good enough job.
There has been zero decline in the gold spammers.

Apparently Blizzard, you aren't doing a good enough job.

LoL, I'll probably have atleast 1-2 friend requests from those people when I go to log in tonight..

I have reported them a lot as well because when I first stopped playing for a LONG time and then suddenly came back once I heard about some nice updates I logged in and I had about 12-15 new friend requests that were all gold spammers.

Though... For awhile I did "block communications" and that seemed to slow them down a little and since it didn't slow them down enough I started using the "report spam" as well. After that I started taking notice that it went down a bit drastic from the 12-15 and the every 4 or 5 daily to daily 1-2.

So maybe they are trying, but... I dunno there are more ways they figure out how to do that regardless of just a trial account..

Hm.. I think it could be partly the trails accounts and then maybe those 3rd party sites I guess, but seeing another one of these posts about how trail accounts can see "friends of friends" that made me think because that's very easy to send so many friend requests it'd be ridiculous.

They could also send more if they're able to add people just by having a randomly made battle.net account and then just going into the D3 area and adding friends if that's possible at all..

One last possible way I could think they're able is if they have friends who have the full version and they just keep tabs on who they play with and then go on other trial accounts and just send out requests to anyone.

It's not completely a guessing game, but more on what they're able to do for now.

If we keep seeing more gold spammers then we'll know that it wasn't ONLY through the trials.
Edited by Koitakunai#1985 on 1/3/2013 10:08 PM PST
01/03/2013 08:25 PMPosted by Uwishdeath
is multiboxing legal i have isboxer it allows me to play 4 account wioth one computer no i dont bot or uuse hacks i just wandering becuase if it is i will uninstall i am being honest bout my game play i just got the program and starting using it it donst take or place any information into diablo folders it allow me to split my screen many times to use multle thing at once forinstance i can run 4 accounts on one game yes i purchased duiablo 4 times i just would like to know if this is legal

I honestly never really heard about that, but eh... I'd really doubt there's any problem with it because you DID purchase 4 copies of it so really....

Shouldn't really be a bad thing at all, but wow didn't know there was a thing that let's you do that.
The blue post made me laugh....if this was true "we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it" ... then why were I seeing literally the same people spamming gold for months. Always reporting them, but they clearly never got banned. Wake up Blizz, just because you say you are doing things, does not mean we believe it and when evidence contradict your statements, you look the fool.

I quit this game long ago now. Done with the botters and gold spammers and poor personal rewarding for putting in 1000 of hours. I do not wanna play a game through AH flipping, I like AH, but it's role in the game is to dominant. So now, gold spammers don't bother me.

I'll be back in expansion. Hope by then they have listened to their players.
Imagine what happened to me when I went on vacation for 2 weeks! I had 85 new friend requests when I returned! Not tha funny but LOL anyway :)
I think the easiest option was already given. Limit friend requests sent out to 2 per day. Keep in mind thats everyone so even if you use your two up, anyone you want to friend still has two open, not enough people for this to raise an issue. Problem solved for the most part I'd think. Was just thinking as well, imagine the spam if PVP is implemented with a reward system.......be another resurgence of spamming.
12 gold spam friend requests as the 1st thing i see when i logged on today. i really hope this isn't an unstoppable problem.
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2pq1clv.jpg
report and block them all ? u mean i should spend my !@#$en time to do ur %^-*en job ? if only a few then thats fine, but 71 in only 3 days!!!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmmm, i wonder which is faster: Blizzard's actions against botting, or uranium decaying.
01/02/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it.

About time :)
I see at least 4-5 of these posts a day...

Bliz needs to mute trial accounts.. no friends no chat... Or only can chat with themselfs..
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them. We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

Do you really need our help to identify these spammers/botters? They all have names like "www.buymyd3gold.com" or "adfadfasdfasdf" with a message about their website in the spam.
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

i srsly doubt that as the same names come up since a couple months non stop. c'mon get real.
Edited by Teksuo#1706 on 1/4/2013 7:04 AM PST
An easy start would be auto blocking friend requests with URLs. No one needs to send a URL to get a friend I think this should of been done at release.
Must be a list somewhere they are generating the friend requests from. I have not received a single spam request for about 2 months. Only had a couple right after launch.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]