Diablo® III

gold websites spamming me with friend request

(Locked)

Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

I can't even report botters anymore because it just errors out. Now I just deny the request. I feel like you don't care for this reason. You can stop it. Make it so that a starter account cannot do anything(other than play the game) until they've paid for the game. They won't spam if they can't spam for free. Simple solution. If you're not going to do it at least tell us why this simple solution can't be implemented?

Or am I wrong? How are they doing it? A game that has been launched this long should have this figured out by now.
I get about two - three per day... I used to report but I rec'd an error message.. so I just block them now. Not sure if Blizz gets notified if I just block them.
Anyways, its not nearly as bad as D2 was or is... so to me no big deal. Too bad that people always have to try to take advantage.
However, if there is demand there will be people feeding that demand. So if people simply stopped using the services of the bots or pay sites than miraculously this will all end. Will that happen? Probably not.
However, if there was a way for Blizz to somehow figure out those who use gold pay sites they should just ban them as well as the botters.
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

this post is a joke right?
thanks for letting me know reporting actually does something, i felt like i was wasting my time reporting the 5+requests i get daily. is it better to report for spam or just block?
edit:grammar
Edited by circasomnia#1260 on 1/4/2013 10:44 AM PST
Ever since the first month, if not week, if not day i've had this problem.

To Vaeflare, it seems that many still face the same if not worse issues concerning the gold spam friend requests. Taking the issue seriously and looking to improve is great, but how about some actual action that won't need another 6months to concoct? In this thread alone there are some pretty solid ideas that would at least prevent a few if not most.
I stopped reporting at the beginning of December. It's tallied up to around 28. Each time I log in, the consecutive messages from gold spammers come up. Irks me every time.
Such a minor issue compared to the actual in-game issues (itemization, pvp and what-not, but its not for this thread.) Your nice, blue words are very hollow.
Edited by Nel3000#1731 on 1/4/2013 1:00 PM PST
I do support the action against the cheating in the game. But my ex-account was banned for abuse of using game mechanics, just because I spent 2-3 honor/day farming a same monster. I have not receive any warning, then my effort of 3 months in this game was gone. I feel very upset and appeal the manager to do a fair investigation, but I received nothing but an auto reply after a long time waiting.

Before Blizzard asks the players for their aid to stop the botter or cheater, the manager group must be nice to the players who comply with the rules and act on behalf of them
01/02/2013 09:11 PMPosted by BattleToad
we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously

Right, logged in after 2 weeks and the gold seller is still alive.

I guess you missed the part where he said they have to "investigate" the complaint. Or do you really think you report someone and five minutes later they're banned - based on your report.

So, if they get several hundred complaints per week, each one has to be investigated.

Then, that report has to go up the chain for the bosses to look at and approve the bans.

That's why it takes Blizzard a few months to use the "bann hammer," and ban thousands of players at the same time.
I am guessing this problem results from a player actually using these sites to buy gold. Then there battletag is added to a database or something. I have been playing this game since day one and get maybe 2-3 requests a week. I have never used a 3rd party website to buy gold or items.
01/04/2013 07:27 PMPosted by bsundbdmn
I am guessing this problem results from a player actually using these sites to buy gold. Then there battletag is added to a database or something. I have been playing this game since day one and get maybe 2-3 requests a week. I have never used a 3rd party website to buy gold or items.

you are incorrect. i do not and have not purchased any gold or items from any third party website aka plshackmyacctsite. just chat in trade they will find you.

If you guys are working on it, how do gold spammers manage to get there gold spamming thread into the top trending ones?
I've been reporting them in Blizzard games for eight years and they're still there. It's pretty obvious you like the system just the way it is or you would give us an anonymous option when logging in to battle.net. Probably something to do with catering to Asian markets.

Well give us the facts!

What are you doing to improve the reporting system?

Your statements are too general without any substantial information!

My guess, not much......

I have been reporting them forever, and they're still so persistent >_>....

Exactly. They'll never let up it seems...
TL:DR but if it hasn't been mentioned, i want gold for every spammer i report even if its like only like 5k.

"Block friend requests" check box in game menu. Is it so hard for a multimillion dollar company to figure this out in 8+ months? Would you like me to draw a picture of it and mail it to you?
01/04/2013 06:53 PMPosted by SixSixSix

Right, logged in after 2 weeks and the gold seller is still alive.

I guess you missed the part where he said they have to "investigate" the complaint. Or do you really think you report someone and five minutes later they're banned - based on your report.

So, if they get several hundred complaints per week, each one has to be investigated.

Then, that report has to go up the chain for the bosses to look at and approve the bans.

That's why it takes Blizzard a few months to use the "bann hammer," and ban thousands of players at the same time.

Yes, battletag named "gold4you.com" indeed has to go through numerous background security checks and investigations before it can be safely labeled and banned as a goldspam bot.
last time i logged into D3 about a week ago i had 18 gold sellers friend requests now the number might be higher :)
01/05/2013 03:52 PMPosted by SrIkCursed
TL:DR but if it hasn't been mentioned, i want gold for every spammer i report even if its like only like 5k.

Great idea!!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]