Diablo® III

gold websites spamming me with friend request

(Locked)

vaeflare, how about if two different people report the same acct for friend spam you immediately hide all their outstanding requests until you can investigate it?
Edited by SneakyDog#1174 on 1/5/2013 7:05 PM PST
how would they know our personal ids and emails?
42 Dwarf Hunter
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

I have been reporting them forever, and they're still so persistent >_>....

And it's the same named botters every time, so it's obvious blizz is not taking this seriously. People in general chat have been mentioning reporting spammers with the "real life threat" option to see if blizz really is watching or not. I've never tried it, but I'm sick of reporting the same 4 people over and over for the last 3 months.

For now I'm just adding them to my "block communication" so I don't have to do it every time I log in.
IT GETS BETTER -- I hadn't played the game in months.

When I logged back on--you guessed it!--two dozen friend requests were queued up for me.

I reported the first six or eight as spam, then--YOU GUESSED IT!--it was *I* who got punished because the system automatically disconnected me (when you report too many, it treats you as if you'd logged on/off too many times in too short a time span).

Go figure.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Now, I report only the first one, and just deny the requests of the others.

Blizzard, you might want to re-think your implementation of this.

This happened to me too. It was the straw that broke the camels back.
POPULAR TOPICS
Problems logging in all of a sudden?
General Discussion - 1/5/13 4:59 PM

[1000+ VOUCHES]★MMOGOLDBAY★WTS GOLD 0.18 $/M
Trading - 1/5/13 12:20 PM

Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

Really? Keep up the good work... :|
It's stupid. It's never ending. And it's Blizzards fault we got spammed with in the first place by shoving us into chat rooms where the bots got our names.
Then they do nothing about it for months. Woohoo.
Seriously Blizzard, just ban their I.P and accounts and be done with, we shouldn't have to pay for this hassle.

Worst part is, I don't even play Diablo 3 much anymore. - I stick with StarCraft 2 mostly and I'm getting the Diablo 3 gold spammers in SC2.

3 days ago

Uhh, what steps have you taken......
This has been happening since the 3 week of the game being release and nothing has changed. If anything it has gotten worse.

So, please do enlighten us what steps you have taken....
Initially, I blocked until my block list is full, and cannot block anymore.
Since it is online managed, I wonder if it added to my DC woes and removed them by clearing the block list to reduce resource load if any.

Anyway, why not shift the invite requests to the bottom of friend list so we can access friend list at the top immediately.
At this moment, I see at the top of the list numerous invite requests which I want to ignore.
The requests are just freaking annoying. And it's from one or two websites too! ALl of which are rips off real websites don't need to spam to get business cause they are legit.
What pisses me off is that these friend requests attempting to sell gold to me are crossing over!!! I hate logging into STARCRAFT 2 and having to deal with these gold spammers from a DIFFERENT GAME ENTIRELY. WTF. Sweet system!
I've never had a friend request from anyone I didn't know. lucky me? what the heck are you guys doing wrong...
there is a setting in option to hide friend requests. Look for it
option ))) Social ))) notifications )) uncheck friend request to hide them ))) not hard
83 Undead Warrior
Ok.. so now I don't get legitimate player responses because I need to block all these gold farmers spam? Blizzard needs to initiate a spam filter to all messages that is like those from most of the popular email servers. If I expected something from someone, and didn't get it... THEN I COMPLAIN!!!!
83 Undead Warrior
I should never complain that I get gold farmers email... I should complain because I didn't get the proper friend request from someone I expected. Then they should investigate why that didn't happen. If their filter is good... and adjusts to spammers attempts at bypassing the filter... A good friend request should get by the filters.
I don't post here much, but I want to add my voice on this issue. I am also being spammed repeatedly by variations on '[insert random letters]WWWDIABLO3WALMART.COM'. It started when I was approaching L50, but that may not have anything to do with it. Blizzard has presumably had tens of thousands of reports of these spam friend requests, yet nothing seems to have been done - I can't understand why it's so hard to block them.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]