Diablo® III

gold websites spamming me with friend request

(Locked)

i get them about once every 2-3days and one in any given interval. most i've ever had to block was 2 and that was after a weeks break for final exams.
01/07/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Bug
i get them about once every 2-3days and one in any given interval. most i've ever had to block was 2 and that was after a weeks break for final exams.

From what i've seen on the forums people that talk in general get bombed the most.

Curious do you talk in chat or play with chat off?
I get one nearly every day. Today I log in and got 2. I report every one of them as Spam too. Something needs to be done. You guys need to set up an auto filter or something that catches them directly while attempting to post this crap. Like an auto account lock, or something.

Edit:

I usually am not logged into the chats, unless looking to gain new friends or join in some new members, etc. I have anywhere from 4-10 friends online anyway to play with so I usually never that bored. lol
Edited by DTMAce#1687 on 1/7/2013 10:41 AM PST
Button on the friend window

X Decline All Current Friend Requests

It wouldn't solve the problem of spam, but it sure would make it a lot easier to deal with it.

I really would like to see a class-action lawsuit against some of these companies like Blizzard for harassment. Then you'd start to see them get off their dead a$$ and put in basic filtering software. The Liberal Hogwa$h of wanting everybody to 'be social' at the cost of users having to put up with hara$$ment would fall by the wayside with one good hit to Blizzard's pocketbooks.
Edited by Quillim#1459 on 1/7/2013 10:55 AM PST
When they confirm a account is used for gold selling/spamming and ban it they should also flag the credit card used to purchase the game license and never accept charges from that card again.

Blizzard: " You mean don't take their money?!? That's blasphemy!"

Me: "Yes that's what I mean. Have some integrity"
If ONLY there was some way to FIND these gold spammers. They are just too crafty, not leaving ANY TRACE of information to go on...

<<MMOGoldBay.com>>
----------------------------------
24/7 Live help
100% saft
donator on sythe,epicnpc,elitepvpers and ownedcore

it's one of the vouch thread below:
http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diablo-3/diablo-3-buy-sell-trade/368605-selling-d3-gold-us-eu-cheapest-still-cheapest-always-cheapest-guaranteed.html

order url :www.mmogoldbay.com
promotion code:GodIsAGirl
----------------------------------
MSN:lechris29@hotmail.com
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

You said that from day one.

If you wanted them gone, with all the power you Activision have, they would be gone. There is a reason that they are still in the game.

They bring you money.

Stop making excuses.. Jesus..

So annoying.
Today's friend request comes from a player named "Brbygi" and reads as follows:

"www.goldah.com 10500K=2$ 5%- extra gold
Code:MMO. WOW GOLD 10000k=14$"

I am reporting it as spam, lets see if anything gets done...
Edited by Pridenglory#1797 on 1/7/2013 8:50 PM PST
I get 20 - 30 spams everyday, all from the walmart site which I have to clean out or put up with that little window at the bottom reporting each one for the next 5 minutes and that's annoying to have it sitting there, scrolling through while I'm trying to play.

I unchecked the box for friend request notifications but that option apparently doesn't work; the notifications still keep coming.

The best idea I've seen is to install the option to globally block ANY friend requests. If a real player wants to hook up, he can message you and you can unblock, answer the request then reblock requests.

The spam has quickly reached an intolerable level. Trashing this game and not buying any more products from Blizzard is on the horizon. It doesn't matter how good a game is, this kind of spamming quickly ruins it.
Wow, I don't have that many per day. Usually about 1, maybe 2. Sometimes none. Maybe you are in more circles than I. lol
View profile
d3walmart.com biggest cultprits.
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 1/7/2013 10:20 PM PST
01/02/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it.

Don't piss on my foot and tell me it's raining. You have done NOTHING to stop this. Ban their ip's. Do a range ban. Remove the ability of new accounts to message. This BS has got to stop. And by BS I mean the blue posts telling us you are actually doing something when you are clearly not.
View profile
Hey you remind my, I haveb't seem them for a week. I thought they stop buying d3 account to sell gold or blizz figured a way to stop them.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 1/7/2013 10:33 PM PST
after not going on for 2-3 months... i had to click through about 20-30 of them...and they stil; add me daily.
Edited by itsMoist#6212 on 1/7/2013 10:37 PM PST
I too am tired of having to go through 5+ bot spam friend requests per day. Why not add the numbers/letters verification system to creating an account? I feel that could help decrease the vast amount of bot/spam accounts and friend requests. Blizzard I urge you to do something about this constant annoyance.
Same here, Also i've had an actual bot in my Game, His name is CHeJke (mage 60(98)) he followed me , as in like really followed me like there was a follow command. always doing the same set of spells even when i stood still he was still there next to me, i msged him couple of time why he was following me, but no answer. Highly unlikely that he couldn't understand English thou.

but the Gold selling thing is quite Frustrating.
01/07/2013 10:30 PMPosted by VidSicious
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it.

Don't piss on my foot and tell me it's raining. You have done NOTHING to stop this. Ban their ip's. Do a range ban. Remove the ability of new accounts to message. This BS has got to stop. And by BS I mean the blue posts telling us you are actually doing something when you are clearly not.

what this guy said... i get a minimum of 10 requests a day, a my friend gets worse.. this is toally f***en ridiculous, wouldnt surprise me if they are on some kinda payroll from the bot gold sites... ive reported spammers as every kind of option there is, thank christ there really wasnt a real life threat.... :/

it really wouldnt be that hard to add a block forever feature, some kind of anti-advertising detection (or remove message !@#$ altogether), block trial accounts from adding friends etc.

so easy...
makes you wonder why nothing has been done for so long
01/07/2013 10:30 PMPosted by VidSicious

I had a hard laugh... Thanks and I fully agree..
Button on the friend window

X Decline All Current Friend Requests

It wouldn't solve the problem of spam, but it sure would make it a lot easier to deal with it.

I really would like to see a class-action lawsuit against some of these companies like Blizzard for harassment. Then you'd start to see them get off their dead a$$ and put in basic filtering software. The Liberal Hogwa$h of wanting everybody to 'be social' at the cost of users having to put up with hara$$ment would fall by the wayside with one good hit to Blizzard's pocketbooks.

"The Liberal Hogwa$h of wanting everybody to 'be social' at the cost of users having to put up with hara$$ment would fall by the wayside with one good hit to Blizzard's pocketbooks."

100% on target
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]