Diablo® III

Hota barb help need advice on surviving

I have 275mill left and can't seem to survive mp10 what would you guys recommend on my gear. Also do I need attack speed for hota build to be good? sould I go for more health instead.
Reply Quote
My applogies i should have read the title better. not sure if your using rend but it does help a ton. other then that its a stick and move type of gameplay. dont expect to tank everything all the time especially on mp 10.
Reply Quote
Rend - Bloodlust

Best Rend Rune for Survivability.
Reply Quote
People under estimate the importance of build (as opposed to gear) for MP10. Especially if you're not in 10bil's worth of gear.

Almost necessities are:
Rend - bloodlust (as mentioned above)

Passives, one for survivability:
Superstition (especially for AR under 550 unbuffed) or Tough As Nails/Nerves of Steel (which ever provides more benefit)

Play style is rend, move out of stuff, spam hammer/fury generator. Rinse & repeat. Many builds also use Zerker so they dont get feared while surrounded, and thus unable to rend for health. Also a high amount of vitality just to absorb the damage spikes (45k is a good marker, whilst maintaining 500~AR and 100k+ unbuffed dps, although that dps is rather low).

Edit: Single best upgrade for survivability you can make is to take the dps loss and change your belt to IK belt. IK helm with vit would be an upgrade too. You have really solid AR so it's going to be difficult to improve other stats without losing AR.
Edited by FaithfulSoul#1561 on 1/3/2013 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
5% LS and 37k hp are problems. Your AR is good but you really need more HP. If you're not using rend bloodlust then definitely pick it up, it does a huge amount of damage and healing with a skorn.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 01:17 PMPosted by bigtexasdan
5% LS and 37k hp are problems. Your AR is good but you really need more HP. If you're not using rend bloodlust then definitely pick it up, it does a huge amount of damage and healing with a skorn.

ok I updated it with new gear I can survive way better now
Reply Quote
Not sure why other posters have told you that your AR is good... your profile shows you have ~300 AR, which is killing your survivability. (The high +fire dmg Andy's helm doesn't help, either.)

Instead of stacking pure vit (on your rings and pants, especially), you will probably be better served by getting some resists. It's far more effective to replenish an HP pool with decent mitigation than to try to fill a large HP pool that plummets immediately.

By gearing like that, this barb is able to die very rarely in ubers10 (once every 20 runs or so) and finish the fights when others die.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]