Diablo® III

Logitech G700 on Macbook Pro Retina

I have a mb pro 15 with retina and a g700. Magnificent laptop and a gorgeous mouse, but they don't seem to work very well together. The cursor just doesn't have the precision I expected and it has noticeable acceleration only in mac os. I'm wondering if anyone else on the forum is using this mouse on mac and experiencing the same problem? Thanks.
Reply Quote
Typical Mac user... bye bye
Reply Quote
Step one...use Mac as boat anchor. Step two...buy a real computer.
Reply Quote
So is using a mac OFFENSIVE to some people here? Because I really don't see the necessity to be sarcastic, and not in a very subtle way. I have been a PC guy for the past ten years and I get a mac only because the retina screen is the best on the market. I'm not very interested in getting into the good old Mac vs. PC stereytyping argument. So please refrain yourself from posting anything if you're not coming here to help.
Reply Quote
I use the same mouse on my iMac. I always leave it plugged in to the USB cord and don't have any problems. I did however install the logitech software on my bootcamp partition and tweaked the settings and button mappings.
Reply Quote
no its not offensive by any means.. it just means you have NO CLUE about computers and you do not understand the concept of Logic... (this is all given by the fact you use a Mac).. but you probably want proof... so here:

1- you posted a tech issue in general forum

2- by your post i assume first step in solving this problem was to ask question on a forum of the game you play and not the manufacturer of the hardware you are using

3- you even fail to use Google as your help

4- doesn't apple have "geniuses" helping individuals like you? so maybe contact them first? (its funny how apple is right about that considering everything is relative)

therefore you are clueless when it comes to computers and technology - aka Mac user...

quod erat demonstrandum
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 11:32 AMPosted by DChe
I have a mb pro 15 with retina and a g700. Magnificent laptop and a gorgeous mouse, but they don't seem to work very well together. The cursor just doesn't have the precision I expected and it has noticeable acceleration only in mac os. I'm wondering if anyone else on the forum is using this mouse on mac and experiencing the same problem? Thanks.

I don't have a retina display MBP, however I do use a G700 with my MBP. I don't use the logitech drivers for it, instead I use Steermouse (http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/). Found them to be much nicer drivers and don't interfere with input as much as the logitech ones do.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
01/05/2013 02:24 PMPosted by DirkGently
I don't have a retina display MBP, however I do use a G700 with my MBP. I don't use the logitech drivers for it, instead I use Steermouse (http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/). Found them to be much nicer drivers and don't interfere with input as much as the logitech ones do.

USB Overdrive is an alternative as well, but try SteerMouse first and see if it is to your liking. It has a moderately steep learning curve when it comes to configuring it as a newbie, but once you get the hang of it, SteerMouse can really make what appears to be a "meh" mouse shine.

I am unsure if this still works for Mountain Lion, but there are two terminal commands that can disable OS X's mouse acceleration curve, and I've been using them for years. Give this a try by entering the lines into the Terminal app:

defaults write .GlobalPreferences com.apple.mouse.scaling -1
defaults write .GlobalPreferences com.apple.trackpad.scaling -1

Warning: If you so much as touch the speed slider in the Mouse prefpane, these two commands will be undone and you will have to redo them again. Set your speed to what you want and then enter the Terminal commands. They will remain between logouts and restarts until changed.

Reply Quote
Steermouse won my love too. G700 on my iMac. I got it for photoshop and Illustrator. Xtra benefit using it in gaming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]