Diablo® III

Manticore, Danetta's or Windforce?

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Hello, I was wondering if I should be rocking any of these over another. I do enjoy the spamming of dual danetta's but I see some people using the hard hitting manticore and others using the speedy windforce.

Which is best and for why?
Reply Quote
There are no other threads on this issue.

The best bow is a stonebow, look for one with about 400 dps and make sure it has no crit damage or socket, and lots of intelligence for high resists.
Reply Quote
cluckeye
w soc
Reply Quote
Actually, Cluckeye is one of the best weapons to train with.
It forces you to stutter step/kite and teaches you how to manage discipline more efficiently.

I usually have about 3 extra Cluckeye's in my inventory for when I bump into DH players in public games who only know how to facetank.

Chances are if OP is asking which on is better and why he/she has not figured out what style of player they are.

Go with Cluckeye and socket and figure out if you like to tank, stutter step, or hybrid.

Do MP5 for the best results. Enemies are not too strong to the point where Cluckeye has no chance of killing them.
Edited by Neoshinji#1433 on 1/4/2013 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Well I'm a sort of liquid player, as in I can do ridiculous stutter step (thanks sc2) with my danettas like crazy, heavy hitting from manticore or the speed of windforce.

Big numbers are obviously fun to see but getting a lot of IAS for the manticore is such a pain in the !@#. Since I've never breached high IAS with the two-handers, I'm trying to figure out if I can ever shoot as fast as, oh, I suppose having the frenzy shrine buff of 25%. If my gear with as much crit hit, crit damage, and ias can allow me to go all funzo mode then by all means I'll invest in it. That will omit the desire to using danetta's if I can attack fast and hit hard.

I see some top DH players using windforce, others with manticore. I already understand it's play style but I like utility as well. It's often annoying when using manticore that I run into reflect damage without looking at it (I play with my ww barb friend who just collides into everything), shoot off loaded for bear and die instantly.
Reply Quote
Ooohhhhh I want a cluckeye.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Merlin
Ooohhhhh I want a cluckeye.

I'll add you. We can do a MP7 Cluckeye run. Your current defensive stats should be good enough for that.

A lot of fun and improves on overall skills.

Will not be back in the states till next Tuesday.
Reply Quote
It really depends on you spec. If you are using a basic generator/spender build, it's really hard to beat the raw dps of a good Manticore. Windforce feels like more a a niche weapon for strafe and multishot builds because of the high black damage that combos well with cold stone of jordan and inna's belt. I'm not too big on dual wielding because Manticore fills the same role, but I've beard really good things about Calamity. My gear is nowhere near optimal but the basics are there in my DH's build if you want to see how to abuse Windforce.
Edited by Chewzilla#1721 on 1/4/2013 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like to make runs with my WW, just to change things up. It has no soc, but has 63 cd on it, and I do 195k with it. It's fun to use, but for big jobs , I use my Manti.
Edited by Anna#1231 on 1/5/2013 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Neoshiji, please add me too!
Reply Quote
I have a Manticore, Windforce, Calamity and a Nat's Slayer. I mainly use the Manticore because it's the fastest killer but the Nat's Slayer is a blast. I can play MP8 with the Slayer but it takes twice as long, but if the whiners get their wish and the game is nerfed again it could be the next great weapon.
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 05:27 AMPosted by Slay
I have a Manticore, Windforce, Calamity and a Nat's Slayer. I mainly use the Manticore because it's the fastest killer but the Nat's Slayer is a blast. I can play MP8 with the Slayer but it takes twice as long, but if the whiners get their wish and the game is nerfed again it could be the next great weapon.

slayer is pointless, just grab a cold stone of jordan
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Why a cold stone of jordan vs something else?

Sorry for my noobish questions.

So why does WF work so + elemental damage gear whereas items (like manticore) doesn't benefit as well from it? I see that windforce is enhanced by no elemental damage (black damage), but why does it benefit so much?
Reply Quote
+% elemental damage only befit the non elemental dmg portion of ur weapon.

E.g, a 1.3k dps wf with a 8% elemental holy dmg from inna belt will get a full 8% dmg boost from the 1.3k dps.

A same 1.3k dps manti, have roughly half of the weapon dmg as poison dmg, the poison dmg portion does not get the 8% elemental dmg boost.

And it's really abt your play style, and maybe? search the forum before posting which weapon to use, there are many such thread ahead and lots of inputs are made ^^
Reply Quote
I found the best compromise to be a crit damage socket bow.
You still get the windforce speed for thunderball, night stalker etc but don't miss out on the passive crit damage and large(ish) numbers.
Recently I've found manticore to be too slow for even low MP paragon farming; it's hard to go back once you switch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]