Diablo® III

add comma's to AH prices when creating them

getting tired of guessing half the time if i'm pricing something correctly
5000000 < 50,000,000 (when creating auctions!)
the comma's are there once the auction has been created and i'm not paying attention and the item sells for 10% of what i wanted to ask for it... victim of this for the 2nd time in a week and out millions of gold
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
This isn't a bug. Moving this to the General Discussion forum.
Reply Quote
commas would help a lot and make things less confusing
Reply Quote
They are aware of this concern. You'll just have to wait it out :)
Reply Quote
This has been gone over so many times. Not EVERYONE uses commas in their numbering, it is NOT going to happen.
Edited by DooLocsta#1982 on 12/19/2012 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 11:40 AMPosted by DooLocsta
This has been gone over so many times. Not EVERYONE uses commas in their numbering, it is NOT going to happen.

And its been said many times that explanation was a lie. Commas (and decimals) are already used all over the game including in the AH. They just didn't take the time to put them in input boxes.
Edited by Rapap#1672 on 12/19/2012 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

I am pretty sure people could figure it out if there were commas . . .
Reply Quote
Until they actually put some kind of separator (some countries use commas and others use periods), just have a good grasp on your digits. A number plus 5 zeroes is x hundred thousand gold, etc. If you're having trouble, write each digit on a piece of paper and how many times to press the zero key. It's cumbersome, yes, but, sadly, I doubt the issue will be fixed anytime soon.
Reply Quote

1) The game was designed in a country which does use commas.

2) I'm sure most/everyone would prefer some sort of system of differentiation.

3) Commas are already used. Best example: Go to the RMAH, click the Gold tab, and do a search for 1m.
Reply Quote
While commas or some other means of making it easier to see the value you're imputing in (like spaces) would be nice, it's up to blizzard if they want to implement that or not.

You're best bet is to do what I have done when I rarely find an item worth selling for more then a million in the AH -- count the zeros as you input them. Triple check the value before you post the auction. Take a bit of time to be sure before you post and you won't have to come back and lament on another 'loss of money' story.

Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to implement, or at least priority wise don't make anywhere near the top of the list.
Reply Quote
They use some sort of separator, whether periods, commas or smiley-faces.
Reply Quote
After I put the item up for auction I check the sell tab just to make sure I did the price correctly as it has commas and no problems at all.
Reply Quote
I would also like to see separators added.
Reply Quote
commas are a good thing...
Reply Quote

If only currency format was a queryable setting in Windows (and presumably Mac)...

oh wait! it is.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/goglobal/bb688127.aspx
Edited by Diragi#1905 on 12/19/2012 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
crap, just use space as separators, fine for all language, and I thought we have different locale anyways.

Am I too dumb and ignored something? because it look like that could be coded in 1/2 hour by a high school student?
Reply Quote
A comma, a separator or even a period is fine with me as long as they implement something so we can see the difference. Yes different parts of the world do things different but I can easily adjust to a PERIOD instead of COMMA if I really need to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]