Diablo® III

Uberjager's Undervalued Item of the Week!

Figured I should do this occasionally. Considering I trawl the AH for good deals all the time.

Take note. I'm only telling you this because I've already gotten one of my own. >.< Have to think of my own upgrades first. (also, been waiting quite abit for a decent one to pop on AH)

250+ str. 180 dex. vit Vile wards.

Normally, most shoulders will not be able to roll high DEX with 280 str + vit + AR + armor. But Vile wards are the only shoulders that can do this as the DEX roll = the inherent item roll. The (0-200) str + (0-100 str/vit) = 2 seperate rolls.

Well in short. Selling my older shoulders (same EHP, but more vit orientated) for 250m. My current shoulders cost me 85m. Hence, when old shoulders sell I'm looking at a 120m profit while at the same time upgrading my char.

Feel free to criticize me for going dodge >.> but all signs show that dodge might be the right way to go in terms of structuring how your EHP is setup.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/19/2013 5:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Uberjager should help people snipe items on AH for a small 3% fee or something :D
Reply Quote
So do you think a rend build would suffer from too much dex and get dodge locked at times?

NVM this is just retarded. Who can afford to give up vit for dex?

Well. I've got 70k HP with dex Vile wards.

What's your point? >.>
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Garthandal
Well. I've got 70k HP with dex Vile wards.What's your point? >.>
We all run that.............

Just so you know at 80m for that it's still way cheaper than a rare. >.>

Of the same prot/vit/damage.
Reply Quote
Shoulders are an ideal place to put as much STR as possible. Vit is the bonus IMO.
Reply Quote
I like my shoulders with 200 int.
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Garthandal
Shoulders are an ideal place to put as much STR as possible. Vit is the bonus IMO.

Wheres the dex on yours? Didn't you know it's the "in" hipster thing now?

i lol'd

this is not an undervalued item. the effect that the dex will have on your gear is dependent upon your current vit/dex/dodge/ values. Basically your current EHP composition. 99.99% the dex will have such little effect on your EHP that it would be better to go with a tiny amount of VIt instead.

This is just wrong info.

Garthandal is right.
Reply Quote

Wheres the dex on yours? Didn't you know it's the "in" hipster thing now?

i lol'd

this is not an undervalued item. the effect that the dex will have on your gear is dependent upon your current vit/dex/dodge/ values. Basically your current EHP composition. 99.99% the dex will have such little effect on your EHP that it would be better to go with a tiny amount of VIt instead.

This is just wrong info.

Garthandal is right.

If you want I can show you the difference in values :D

Trust me. I deliberated about this decision for 3 hours.

As said, I wanted a 90 vit one at least. 270str/ 180 dex/ 90 vit.

But the main issue was that the only people who owned these actually wanted to keep them and this was the next best alternative.

Btw. Just so you know, people pushing for Top PVP dummy on Diabloprogress are actually trying to get their EHP up through dodge now. (not that it matters its just to show that Dex actually affects EHP values)

Also, the return on dodge for EHP only takes effect if you've got a decent health pool to begin with. That being said, I have 70k ++ hp by the time I hit paragon 100. I really have no need for more HP.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 12/21/2012 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
I tend to browse for Dex now and then, managed to get 18% dodge. My character is by no means comparable to end game barbs, but I find I can survive along time in MP9-10 with my build and gear. Takes me a bit to kill things but I don't die doing it.
Reply Quote

i lol'd

This is just wrong info.

Garthandal is right.

But the main issue was that the only people who owned these actually wanted to keep them and this was the next best alternative.

Btw. Just so you know, people pushing for Top PVP dummy on Diabloprogress are actually trying to get their EHP up through dodge now. (not that it matters its just to show that Dex actually affects EHP values)

Also, the return on dodge for EHP only takes effect if you've got a decent health pool to begin with. That being said, I have 70k ++ hp by the time I hit paragon 100. I really have no need for more HP.

i agree that the top barbs are using dex. but their EHp composition is the.01% that none of the other barbs have. and how many of them will give up VIT for dex? 0. I agree that the 90 vit with dex would have been better. but the current ones you have are NOT the best alternative. thats all im saying. You would have had a higher increase in EHP with other alternatives. i think you and i both know that. these were not the next best alternative
Reply Quote

i agree that the top barbs are using dex. but their EHp composition is the.01% that none of the other barbs have. and how many of them will give up VIT for dex? 0. I agree that the 90 vit with dex would have been better. but the current ones you have are NOT the best alternative. thats all im saying. You would have had a higher increase in EHP with other alternatives. i think you and i both know that. these were not the next best alternative

They were. Because I'm running Warcry- Veterans and WoTB come PvP.

PvE wise. I'm already full up on EHP. And I'm kinda over on ViT.

So yeah.

190 dex vile wards is a viable alternative for barbs at a particular point in their endgame who don't want to spend 250-500m+ on shoulders.

That's all I'm saying lol.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 12/21/2012 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]
190 dex vile wards is a viable alternative for barbs at a particular point in their endgame who don't want to spend 250-500m+ on shoulders.

Well i guess we can agree to disagree
Reply Quote
[quote]

Well i guess we can agree to disagree

We could :P But as a final note, try to find me shoulders that have

640 armor.

70 ar.

270+ str.

140 effective vit.

For less than 100m. :3
Reply Quote
Youre on the right track. I think for PVP dodge will be far more valuable than high HP pooling. Got myself a nice ring last night for cheap. I love stacking dex. Helps me dodge madgas flies and kulle's fireballs.

Should be great vs. DH as well.
Reply Quote
Been wondering about the dodge myself lately. I just about pulled the trigger on some IC with ~200-250 str and ~260 dex on them for 30m. Would of doubled my current dex stat and raised dodge to around 25-30%. DPS was pretty much a push so I passed on them. Plus i got !@#$% slapped by Phat by having no Vita on my gear and to much on my weapons so now I'm scared to buy anything haha
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Sedi
Been wondering about the dodge myself lately. I just about pulled the trigger on some IC with ~200-250 str and ~260 dex on them for 30m. Would of doubled my current dex stat and raised dodge to around 25-30%. DPS was pretty much a push so I passed on them. Plus i got !@#$% slapped by Phat by having no Vita on my gear and to much on my weapons so now I'm scared to buy anything haha

yeah. Dodge is pretty useless without the necessarily HP.

Youre on the right track. I think for PVP dodge will be far more valuable than high HP pooling. Got myself a nice ring last night for cheap. I love stacking dex. Helps me dodge madgas flies and kulle's fireballs.

Should be great vs. DH as well.

xD I can get up to 47%* dodge with certain skills. Fallen maniacs, no problem lol.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 12/22/2012 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]