Diablo® III

MultiBoxing and Loot alert ???

So I have just got back into d3 since the latest patches. I see people using MultiBoxing and loot alert programs. they Claim blizzard doesnt care... I don't beleive strangers. So is Multi boxing and loot alert allowed by blizzard and is it bannable.

any links by blizzard staff on the mattter or direct answer by blizzard staff would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
The biggest link you need is the Terms of Use that you agreed to when you got the game. http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html

You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Service, any Game or any Game experience;

D. use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through any Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by any Game or the Service to store information about a character or a Game environment; provided, however, that Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;

E. modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of any Game or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard;

Any use of software that touches the game in any way (as noted above), could result in a ban if you are caught. Loot Alert falls into the category of third party software that touches the game. You will NEVER see Blizzard giving permission to use that, or any third party software. Ever. When asked, Blizz reps always link to the TOU.

Multi-boxing has been allowed on Battle.net in WoW for years, provided you are not using any automation software, or, for D3, macros. If you have the money to buy 4 PCs and 4 copies of the game knock yourself out. Most people do it with software that clones the keystrokes from one PC to the others. For those who are new to multi boxing, it just means that if you press "1" on one keyboard, it sends the same keystroke to the other computer with the other character. That exists external to the game and game files. WoW has some built in follow functions and macros so is far friendlier for multi-boxers to use. D3 does not and macros are not allowed so if you use any third party software to make it easier that could get you banned.

All that said, this is Blizzard's game and the TOU has a provision for them to change the rules and to ban a player at any time.
Reply Quote
They allow multiboxing. Loot Alert technically falls into the category of bannable, but I don't believe they have actually banned anyone for it yet. There was a blue post stating that they weren't taking an official stance on it, and if you use it it's at your own risk. That post has since been removed.
Reply Quote
thanks guys! i'll stay away from BOTH.

12/25/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Zarine
They allow multiboxing. Loot Alert technically falls into the category of bannable, but I don't believe they have actually banned anyone for it yet. There was a blue post stating that they weren't taking an official stance on it, and if you use it it's at your own risk. That post has since been removed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]