Diablo® III

Fierce Loyalty

Does anyone use this passive? Its seems a bit lacking. I wonder if it would be more useful if it also gave you +10% life...or am I just thinking crazy?
Reply Quote
i think what would be nice is if it would reinstate procs n leech on pets as well
Reply Quote
This passive is mandatory if you use your pets as tanks.
Reply Quote
I use this passive very helpful for pets because I have 3284 life regen with this passive I can feel free to use burning dog and start to use life link dog in mp8 or higher.
Edited by Exia#6216 on 12/26/2012 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/25/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Euphytose
This passive is mandatory if you use your pets as tanks

No. I use pets as tanks all the way to mp10. I don't use fierce loyalty at all. Although, 3284 life regen is interesting, I still think that a 20% damage reduction is better than even that high life regen. ..even a 15% damage reduction is better.
Edited by ChadBroChill#1292 on 12/28/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have about 1500 life regen with blood ritual and when I use fierce loyalty, my pets never die. I used it for ubers since I thought the poison clouds would end up killing my pets but then dropped it after realizing they don't die anyway. But when farming, I notice that when I was using fierce loyalty, nothing ever killed them except those huge heavy hitters who would one shot my dogs. But besides that, they could sit in just about anything and never drop. Without it, I have to resummon every once in a while but it didn't seem to be a big deal so I stopped using it.
Reply Quote
I have no idea why anyone would devote a passive slot to their pets to keep them alive. Is pressing the resummon button really that hard?
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 03:10 AMPosted by manvan
I have no idea why anyone would devote a passive slot to their pets to keep them alive. Is pressing the resummon button really that hard?

Because your dogs stay alive much longer. Very vital for a Pet doctor like myself.
Reply Quote

Because your dogs stay alive much longer. Very vital for a Pet doctor like myself.

No, it's not. If they die, summon them again. They only ever have to survive for 45 seconds at worst, 0 secs at best. I'm pretty sure you can keep them cranking for that long. You are using an incredibly valuable passive slot to avoid pressing a button every half minute or so. It will need a pretty awesome explanation to convince me it's worth it.

Honestly. Swap FL for ZH, JF for BR. It will make a huge difference. BR not only negates the need to use that crappy Leeching Rune, it synergises well with PtV. And if you're a 'Pet' doc, how ZH doesn't cut it before FL just boggles the mind. FL is just a bad, bad passive, especially when there are so many options open to you.
Edited by manvan#1853 on 12/29/2012 5:14 AM PST
Reply Quote

No, it's not. If they die, summon them again. They only ever have to survive for 45 seconds at worst, 0 secs at best. I'm pretty sure you can keep them cranking for that long. You are using an incredibly valuable passive slot to avoid pressing a button every half minute or so. It will need a pretty awesome explanation to convince me it's worth it.

Honestly. Swap FL for ZH, JF for BR. It will make a huge difference. BR not only negates the need to use that crappy Leeching Rune, it synergises well with PtV. And if you're a 'Pet' doc, how ZH doesn't cut it before FL just boggles the mind. FL is just a bad, bad passive, especially when there are so many options open to you.

ZH is terrible at high MP levels and Uber runs. With high regen and LOH FL is the way to go. I also don't need BR with my regen, that's a waste.
Edited by LuckyDog#1163 on 12/29/2012 5:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
I also don't need BR with my regen, that's a waste.

Jesus. I give up.

Sure. Rock that FL. It's awesome.
Edited by manvan#1853 on 12/29/2012 6:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 05:53 AMPosted by manvan
I also don't need BR with my regen, that's a waste.

Jesus. I give up.

Sure. Rock that FL. It's awesome.

As expected a really knowledgeable reply. Thanks for the really useful suggestions.
Reply Quote
Holy crap. It gets laid out to you on a plate, and you complain. God forbid you actually think on this yourself. Are the numbers hard? Do you have a beef with logic? What is it you want? Me to come in there and show you?

You're so dead-set on being right with a rubbish passive, yet being asked to think that maybe things like the life regen from BR isn't really the point is something to push against?

You're on your own, bro. Possibilities were shown to you. Fighting to be ignorant is a battle for you and you alone. Sure, I might be arrogant about this. I'm allowed to be when I'm right. ;)
Edited by manvan#1853 on 12/29/2012 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Who's complaining? I run fine with my build and it works for me. My dogs don't die. I've tried BR, it's just not as good. Why don't you run a pet build with high regen and see for yourself. Get get off your high horse, you don't even run a pet build. You would be mistaken if you don't think I can run this on MP8+.

BTW, you are actually wrong.
Edited by LuckyDog#1163 on 12/29/2012 6:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
The only thing I could see being useful about it would be

1) If your pets keep dying before 45 seconds (or 1 minute for garg)
2) If you have lots of thorns.

#1 above can be remedied by better damage reduction gear to a point without having to gear for regen specifically.

#2 Thorns damage is pretty low damage wise.

I personally thinks it's a pretty lame passive. Maybe if it scaled the thorns like your pets do X% of weapon damage to all attackers (melee or ranged) then it might be good. As is though, even with like 15k thorns, 15k isn't that much damage even at MP0. Just my opinion.
Edited by Nybble#1142 on 12/29/2012 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
/popcorn
Reply Quote
well... speaking about the other portion of the passive, the thorns. Hoping in 1.07 the "thorn" affix gets a buff - to make this passive better. As it stands, we're just worried about the regen and the thorn dmg is nearly non-existent.
Reply Quote
What I have found is that, for me, FL is 100% mandatory. Since ive started using FL ive devoted Horrify-Frightning aspect rune to my #1 button on my skill bar which I cast when my pets are about to take a bunch of damage from something. Since ive started using FL and frightening aspect pets die extremely rarely and its far outperformed both zombie handler and jungle fortitude as far as pet survivability goes on high mp levels for plain ol' farming and ubers.
Edited by rosshilge#1480 on 12/29/2012 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I need my dogs alive to keep the enemies busy. The more enemies that are busy with them, the more I can stand there and spam damage.

My testing on MP8 and MP10:
First MP10 ghom testing:
1. FL and life link survived the Ghom poison clouds long enough to recast every 45+s.

MP8 elite testing in act 3:
1. I tried Jungle Fort and Life Link for max damage reduction. Problem is, even white enemies would wipe out the dogs too soon (before 45s)
2. Jungle Fort and Leeching beasts. Now I'm getting somewhere, whites aren't a problem and elites aren't a big deal, until I run into a horde of seven arcane, electric hulking phase beasts.
3. I escape, go to town, swap out to Fierce Loyalty and Life Link. I return and the dogs take MUCH, much longer to die with only 1k life regen.
4. I run into two elite packs with some combination of electric, minion horde, plague, arcane, I'm not sure even FL and Leeching beasts would save them. So I run away and shoot, reducing my effective DPS.

I'm not sure what would make FL better. I would rather the pets gain maybe 50% of my life regen and thorns without any passives. Fierce Loyalty would simply make this 200% of life regen and thorns or maybe 100% life regen/thorns and damage reduction.
Reply Quote
The problem isn't that FL is bad, it makes you pets immortal, the problem is that the other passives are SO good in the end game. It's hard to justify pet sustain when the alternatives are 15% cheaper spells, cooldown reduction, and personal damage reduction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]