Diablo® III

Computer Blue Screens at Ubers

So the first time I tried ubers in a party, my computer blue screened as soon as I tried to enter the portal. No big deal I thought, I'll just try again. When I tried to rejoin my party, my comp crashed immediately upon trying to enter the game. This was frustrating, and I gave up.

Tonight, I decided to give ubers another try. I first tested a portal myself to see what would happen. I entered the raka/ghom fight and everything was fine for the entire fight I played some more in the game and then my comp blue screened.

So I decided to try a higher MP with a group. First portal is again raka/ghom and it went fine. Next portal was SB/kulle and again I crashed. I tried to rejoin the game about 5 times, and every time, I would see the loading screen, and then when I was about to pop into town I would crash. I try to enter a single player game and it works fine.

Now Ive had my comp blue screen before, so I admit this could be my comps fault, but Ive never seen it consistently happen like this.
Running:
AMD Penom X4 955 3.2 GHz
8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 6850

Please help if you can
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Martimus,

You'll need to find out what the blue screen code is it's crashing with. It's on the top line when it crashes.

If your computer is rebooting and you don't have time to read the screen, try turning off the "automatic restart" option on your computer. This way, the computer will display an error message instead of rebooting each time the error occurs.

Windows XP:

Click on the "Start" button
Right-click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties"
Click on the "Advanced" tab
Click on the "Settings" button in the "Startup and Recovery" box
Uncheck the "Automatically Restart" option
Click "OK"

Windows Vista/7:

Click on the "Start" button
Right Click on "Computer" and choose "Properties"
Click on the Advanced tab
Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.
In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
Click OK in the System Properties window.

Once you have the Stop error number (which is pretty common), I'd suggest a Google search on it for possible causes and fixes.
Reply Quote
I just wanted to say thank you Omrakos for the advice. It looks like I just needed to update some drivers and just did all 3 uber encounters with no crashing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]