Diablo® III

How ??????

I am confused, I am looking at the equipment and what people pay for it, and I am at a loss. HOW can anyone get enough to pay for 300M gold? I mean, I farm for 450K per hour, that means that I would have to play 666 HOURS just to get one item priced at 300M. How is it possible that people are buying these items on a regular basis. Please don't tell me that you get that by selling items, because even great items, I end up selling for a loss. I spent my money in the RMAH to get my stuff as there is no way I can afford those gold prices. Please help, what am I doing wrong, or is there a trick to getting gold?
Reply Quote
There are lots of tricks to getting gold, mostly involving just buying and selling

I think the slowest, most boring, but consistent way is what you're doing... picking up gold at some constant low rate/hour. If you want to climb up faster, however, you will need to either dedicate some time to merchanting ("flipping" is what everyone likes to call it in this game, for whatever reason), or dual wield your credit card. Additionally you can get lucky on item drops, but this is pretty rare these days where only the really good items move on the market
Reply Quote
I was in the same boat you're in, still in it actually but at one time I did have a good amount of gold. Just keep on grinding and take a good look at the items you find. You'll occasionally find that awesome piece of gear that will bring hundreds of millions on the AH.
Reply Quote
Play hundreds of hours, find a big drop, buy your gear, rinse and repeat.

No tricks to it, either flip items on AH or power grind, you'll eventually get the drops to upgrade your stuff. It takes one huge drop to get the ball rolling, you replace a bunch of gear, sell your old stuff, buy more etc etc.

I toss everything i find on open bid now, if it doesnt sell then it was total crap. Even big items i use open bid, you may lose a bit compared to selling it at a fixed price but its worth it to me to get the item out of inventory

The other thing I have been doing since the beginning is playing with 3 other guys (all different classes) and if we find an upgrade for eachother we give it over. That is how i got my WH and I have given some other stuff away too.
Reply Quote
^agrred on open bid for convenience

it feels weird to drop off an item you know should be worth a lot for minimum starting bid on the AH, but if it's truly a decent item, it will work itself out and the price will come up quite a bit
Reply Quote
I have made about 2 billion selling stuff and collected 120m in gold off ground. flipped most things at a loss cuz gear gets more wothless every day. genuine "flips" like same day same week type deal i made about 200m on 3 of them. But it's not my thing. feels like work.

Anyway so thats about 2.3 billion i've done which is low compared to the big dogs i know who make almost all their money flipping.
Reply Quote
Damn, I usually flip for a loss :(. Stuff just isn't selling
Reply Quote
Yeah bad time to be starting a farming/flipping career. 99.9% of legendary are worthless now and flipping is so hard these days. Honestly if i wanted to build a god I'd buy gold right now. Gold so cheap and items are so cheap.
Reply Quote
Max MF, Act 3 MP0 speed runs. That's a good way to increase your chances of getting higher quality drops (legendaries+6 affix drops) that have a chance to sell. Most of your drops will still be junk but you can still try to sell some of the more decent stuff for a couple hundred thousand or a couple mil, plus the occasional legendary that might be worth a few mil. Then it just takes time to build up your gold, or a bit of luck with 50-100mil+ drops.

When I get an item I think might be worth selling, I toss it in the stash to look at after my runs, and vendor the rest. If I search for similar stats (which actually means you search for better items) and the cheapest is under 100k, I vend it. If the cheapest is more than 100k, I lower the stats a bit to find other items with around the same stats and undercut by a fair amount.

If the item seems like it's worth more than 20-50 mil, I'll post it on Thursday or Friday at noon with no buyout and low bid. That way it ends at midnight on Friday or Sat when the bidding should be maximized.

For items priced between 100k and 20 mil or so, I always use BIN since you can usually get the most gold out of the item that way and most people searching for cheap items will want to just buy now, or people without a lot of spare time just use BIN. You just have to undercut similar stat items by a decent amount to make it look like a good deal.
Reply Quote
Farming will gets you close to a billions gold marks

But surpassing this marks, you would have to play the AH.
Reply Quote
What im worry about game is dying. Looks like a ghost town online. All my friends gone. Trifecta rings arnt selling for 20m. So billion my not be possible anymore even with straight up legit grinding.

I made all my monies on 15-50m items. That market is toast.

Your only hope is BiS item one in a million chance to hit the big time.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/28/2012 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
nothing sells nowadays. my ice climbers, dex roll, without ms, took 3 weeks to sell for 30m and that's undercutting the 80m in the AH.

you could buy gold. wouldn't be surprised if people actually do that. also getting lucky with drops and keep on selling.

like aimless said, it's a ghost town now. only flippers/bots/AH tycoons exist so you have 5 choices

cater to flippers
cater to bots
cater of AH tycoons
buy gold from rmah
endless/pointless farming
Reply Quote
Or don't worry be happy.

It's not like u need any of these 100m+ items - you can build a god so cheap.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/28/2012 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Alesso
("flipping" is what everyone likes to call it in this game, for whatever reason)

Just to explain this, 'flipping' is traditionally a real estate term, most often used (in my experience, at least) in a booming market, the idea being that you can lock in a purchase price (say, for a house being built, for a property in escrow, etc) and by the time you purchase it, you can resell it for considerably more than you bought it for. In D3, it seems to be associated with finding underpriced items and reselling them.
Reply Quote
has this yielded positively for you, EO?
Reply Quote
What im worry about game is dying. Looks like a ghost town online. All my friends gone. Trifecta rings arnt selling for 20m. So billion my not be possible anymore even with straight up legit grinding.

I made all my monies on 15-50m items. That market is toast.

Your only hope is BiS item one in a million chance to hit the big time.

A lot of this has to do with it being such a long time from the last meaningful update... once new content hits there will be a spike in people playing again. I bet once actual details of pvp dueling/whatever else is in 1.0.7 hits next week we see a spike in AH activity, honestly. Personally I'm hoping for more pve endgame content too.
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Aimless
I have made about 2 billion selling stuff and collected 120m in gold off ground. flipped most things at a loss cuz gear gets more wothless every day. genuine "flips" like same day same week type deal i made about 200m on 3 of them. But it's not my thing. feels like work.

this. I havn't even picked up 100m still (I'm finally a couple mill away from getting that achieve woohoo) but my gear requires me to make quite a bit more than that. The options are: credit card in rmah, flip items on the GAH, or farm endlessly hoping to get your lucky 1b gold drop (still waiting for mine lol).

I chose to flip items since my budget doesn't allow for me to spend anything on the rmah. I can make up to 150-200m in 1-2 hours if I'm lucky flipping a few items during peak hours. It's one of the most boring and tedious methods for making gold quickly but if you know what you're doing it's the fastest way.
Reply Quote
hmm im seeing a lot of people's profile where they pick up 50-100mil where they actually have 500mil - 1 bil.

So where all the extra gold come form? gold farmer? people who buy gold from gold farmer? regular player? regardless where they come from, this trend mean the entire d3 system's gold pool is gradually been concentrate near the top few %.

Obviously that trend cannot continue forever. Since when your economy have more speculator (flipper) than producer (farmer), the price of goods can reach an unsustainable level and the bubble will burst. I think what we are seeing in ah right now is the after effect the burst bubble.

1.04/1.05 give us more item/gold but the relative purchase power hierarchy between every one stay pretty much the same. If every one got the same proportional increase in gold/item, then every one's purchase power stay pretty much the same.

I think what you guys really want is not to have more gold/item but rather have more gold/item than the guy next to you. In another word, you want more resource equality so you won't be jelly of your neighbor.

so mabye diablo 3 ah should convert to communism? hahaha
Reply Quote
You can buy gold in the RMAH you all know?

It doesn't make sense to me that if you make anything over say $50 an hour working, why you would spend hours playing online for gold in a game to buy items.

I don't have a problem if you are playing just to play, I get that, but if you are playing very specifically with the goal of getting enough gold by various means available to you in the game, why you wouldn't just buy the gold from RMAH if you happen to have the income, where your time is way better spent working and making real money, than it is spending time in a game not earning real money.

I also appreciate that some people cannot afford to do this, but people will spend, $10-$30 on a movie ticket or $3 on a coke, but then have a philosophical dilemma about buying gold on the RMAH.

Gold used to be expensive, it is not now and the price does fluctuate and you can buy 10 mio gold pretty cheap if you get your timing right. 50mio for $15. I don't know how long in game I'd have to spend to get that much gold, suffice it to say, I don't have THAT sort of time to spend playing the game to make that much gold in any sort of reasonable time span.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]