Diablo® III

I know my build is rather unorthodox but..

Mind checking out my current build and let me know some input. Constructive criticism is welcomed, just need to know where I need to improve at. I refuse to buy gold, but I will contemplate it if you make a valid point, so i can pick up the upgrades.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BaNiSH-1667/hero/8552359

I'm pumping out great DPS and what not, but I'm very squishy and I want to climb out of MP 7 to higher. Anything helps, please comment.
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 04:58 PMPosted by BaNiSH
I refuse to buy gold

You're telling me you got that gear WITHOUT buying gold or items?

But, as to your build...
What's Toad Affinity for? replace that with Rain of toads, the mana cost is negligible, and you can road toads anywhere on the map, even over walls.
Mass confusion...Hmm, pretty sure Hex is better at CC (up far more often), and you have chosen the WORST rune for it anyway.
I also prefer Humongoid rune on Gary, it's is a 100% up time AOE attack, restless giant always seems to trigger on trash mobs, leaving you outa luck on Elites.
Finally PtV..with no mana regen...pretty sure that isn't goung to do you any good, you'll be OOM so often the extra dmamge is lost in down time. Replace with GF or Blood Ritual.

You are also slow, no MS gear at all, I can't stand slogging around at even +12%, but =0..man, get some Zuni boots! It'll also give you another 55 AR.
Edited by Yxalitis#1645 on 12/28/2012 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not sure what you do on MP7 with no life sustainment except for 300 Life on hit from one ring.

Your build looks like you run low MP.

So if you are serious about high MP, trash that Skorn and get one with life steal or life on hit. If you are just using life on hit, you need over 1000 on high MP and you have to use toads and AC to proc it. More life on hit is is better.
Reply Quote
Yes, that is correct, I do not buy gold. I've had great drops and sold many items on the AH to be able to afford my current gear.

12/28/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Yxalitis
I refuse to buy gold

Thanks, I will look into change Mass Con for Hex. Its just I used to to get out of a jam or start up a riot. Run into a crowd, pop soul harv then Mass con and melt them.

I completely agree with the runes, just never looked at it for that point of view. As far as the boot, i believe that the ice climbers are far supurior then the zunis. With res/int/and life%
Reply Quote
Not sure what you do on MP7 with no life sustainment except for 300 Life on hit from one ring.

Your build looks like you run low MP.

So if you are serious about high MP, trash that Skorn and get one with life steal or life on hit. If you are just using life on hit, you need over 1000 on high MP and you have to use toads and AC to proc it. More life on hit is is better.

MP7 is a rough MP for me, MP6 is a melt fest. But I agree whole heartily, I would like to get some good input and figure out what the next move is for me to move up.

So your saying get a Skorn with LOH or should I try to get away from the 2 handed skorn even tho i'm pumping out massive DPS with it? I would like to move away from the 2 handed wep but it just seems that I can't. But I do need more LOH. Do you have any suggestions for my gear? So I can start in that direction besides changing my current runes/skills.
Reply Quote
As Yxalitis said, you have no Mana Regeration or any skills that help you get mana you dont even have Mana Steal(mana per hit). You seriously have all the right gear, just missing out on some important stats. You concentrated on DPS and nothing on stability nor survivability... idk you build is might odd... lol.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275486?page=1

alot of info there that might answer questions/spark ideas for you. Alot of your questions jsut start with needing to understand some basics to wd that this will provide, alot to read, but alot of good info
Reply Quote
Thank you guys for all of the help, I'm taking all suggestions into serious consideration and I'm read that thread you posted Oranz. I just I'm just trying to play my WD like suicide bomber, run in and melt everything without worrying about surviving and what not. Iv gotten far with this build but it is def time for a change!
Reply Quote
Toad Affinity? I honestly thought I would never see the day it got used.

Look, if you like the Toads, at least swap to Addling, and drop the Mass Confusion. Maybe give the mana locusts or Grasp a spin instead.
Never liked that rune on Gary either - Humungoid or Bruiser all the way.
JFort is (imo) a waste of a passive. Try Blood Ritual instead - cheaper spells with PtV is always good, and some life regen is never bad.

But kudos to you for not being cookie-cutter with the build. Nice work on it getting you this far.
Reply Quote
Yea, I will have to switch up the runes, just figured with the 20% less dmg taken with PVail dmg going out are decent ruins to have, but I do see what you are saying. I will be changing the toads with another ruin maybe even skill. I just go through mana so so fast with the bears that it leave me know mana for keeping up constant dps, so i thought the toads affinity would be the answer. Do you suggest a different skill?

12/28/2012 08:01 PMPosted by manvan
But kudos to you for not being cookie-cutter with the build. Nice work on it getting you this far.

I'm apologize if you all are looking at my build thinking "wtf is this n00b doing", but one of the main reasons I do not (until now) get on this website is because I wanted to play the game my way. Trying out different builds and runes, experimenting with what Blizzard has conjured up, but I've at last hit a wall with my squishy toon. But thank you for the respect.
Reply Quote
Want to smooth out the mana without a gear change? Easiest way would be to drop the Toads, use Widowmaker Spiders, and swap the JFort to Vision Quest. You will find a rhythm of bearsbearsspidersbears (or something akin to that) which will help enormously. Next easiest (arguably some people's first choice) would be to dump PtV - make no mistake, it's a massive mana drain. Makes the numbers look bigger, but if you're out of mana, you're not killing stuff - ergo, you actually do less damage with it equipped. If you're not triggering Spirit Vessel much, swap that out for Blood Ritual. I know, it's hard to let go of SV, but it just makes you play a little better when you drop it, which is never a bad thing.

As a side note, when doing a build overhaul, drop back a couple of mp levels and work your way back up - it's very easy to get decimated after a change and think things are not working, when really you haven't figured out all the nuances yet.
Edited by manvan#1853 on 12/28/2012 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Duly noted manvan, I will start making the changes when I get off of work late Saturday night, as my servers don't run quite as smooth as blizzards ;D (With no fault of my own!)

Once again, I appreciate all of the input and will be making modifications shortly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]