Diablo® III

is it true MP7 or higher legs roll better?

I've heard if u find a leg dropped in higher mps like 7 or 8 is better rolled than the same one drops in lower?
is that true?
Reply Quote
No, MP has no impact on how stats roll on Legendaries. The only impact they have on rares is the increased MF that leads to higher chance for more affixes, but still doesn't affect the actual rolls.
Reply Quote
My best find was in mp1 when I was trying a new build. Found my Lacunis in mp2. Hope that answers your question
Reply Quote
never
Reply Quote
View profile
Low mp is where its at more legs per hour = more chance of one being worth something.

I farmed mp10 and high mp whole time since mp patch and all my freinds spammed me with their low mp finds. Billion gold finds. I'm all like screw it bought super cheap ls archon weapon some pick up radius gear to get rich off gold too and rayping mp2 getting way more legs.

Still havnt hit the "jockpot" yet, there are so few...

cos 99% of legs are crap and 1% has to roll right to not be crap. odds are low but im feeling better about it than grinding mp10
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/28/2012 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
^^
This
Reply Quote
Oh Yori so you didn't sell the Lacunis?
Reply Quote
no, the higher the mp doesn't effect the quality of leg rolls. The higher your hopes, however, the worse leg roll you get.

if you want more legendaries you should farm mp1-5 and gear , spec for maximum kill speed (archon is a popular method for this). I farm mp4 when I want legendaries - I farm mp8-10 when I can't stand how boring mp4 is anymore.

If you want gold however, farming is pretty much the least efficientway way to get it. Farming the AH is how to make a steady profit, but it's also mind-numbingly boring.
Reply Quote
Do not listen to these guys, they have no clue.

The higher you can manage, the better chance of a good legendary and not those Frostburn, Ivory Tower, etc...

I.E. I had the Lamantion and Ageless Might drop in two games during my MP2 run, then on my 3rd run I finally got the Witching Hour on MP6.
Reply Quote
is farming solo better than doing it in group? not that it matters beside more monster hp/dmg but seeing how a lot of people are up to par with their toons anyway.....
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 11:30 PMPosted by LapChi
I.E. I had the Lamantion and Ageless Might drop in two games during my MP2 run, then on my 3rd run I finally got the Witching Hour on MP6.

this actually proves nothing. i've gotten a 600m IK boots in mp0. how would you explain that?
Reply Quote
Do not listen to these guys, they have no clue.

The higher you can manage, the better chance of a good legendary and not those Frostburn, Ivory Tower, etc...

wow well with a such a large test pool of 3 whole runs that must be accurate and not at all a result of what the entire game is based around: RNG *sarcasm*
Reply Quote
I've got plenty of Dark Mage's Shade/Ivory Tower in MP10. Also gotten 5 echoing furies in mp3 or less. Of course anecdotal evidence is just that.
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 11:32 PMPosted by pichapiegal

this actually proves nothing. i've gotten a 600m IK boots in mp0. how would you explain that?

farm farm farm! :)
Reply Quote
You make it sound like I work for blizzard, so I can not explain everything since there is always a x-factor to every RNG. I am not Einstein either, so I cant explain how random drops would work.

All I know from is base on experience, the game makes MP5 harder than MP2. It only makes sense that if you get kills from MP6 elites in a group, you'll get a higher affix item than running MP2 with low-lvl MPs.

Put it this way, if Nike and Adidas both came out with shoes for Messi and C. Ronaldo, then of course Messi sponsored would make money but if Nike came back with Retro, then C. Ronaldo's boots would produce a better revenue.
Reply Quote
The answer if it exists would be here: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 12:52 AMPosted by LapChi
Put it this way, if Nike and Adidas both came out with shoes for Messi and C. Ronaldo, then of course Messi sponsored would make money but if Nike came back with Retro, then C. Ronaldo's boots would produce a better revenue.

wut? shoes?..

I was going to write a detailed explination on how loot works, as RNG and mf and farming are not a new / secret concept..but then I got lazy.

Simply put loot is effected by kill speed as well as mf. Do some basic research and you'll find ample information on mf, farming, efficiency, and so on.
Reply Quote
Cool, I just wondering but I have to say I defiantly find more legs in mp2 than mp5-6. That's for sure, just not sure about the rolls I get sometimes.
Paragon level affects rolls too?
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Bosink
Paragon level affects rolls too?

Wow, how many times do people have to tell you that magic find doesn't affect the quality of rolls before you'll get it?

The ONLY way you'll get "better" items out of higher magic find is a slightly better chance to get 5 or 6 affix rares rather than 4 affix rares. That's it.

Magic find only increases your chances of getting a legendary, it DOES NOT AFFECT THEIR QUALITY AT ALL.
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Phal
no, the higher the mp doesn't effect the quality of leg rolls. The higher your hopes, however, the worse leg roll you get.

I am Pariah, and I support this message.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]