Diablo® III

Sweeping Wind snapshot mechanics guide

you use macro to swap a full set of gears in the 3 sec blind flash window.
Reply Quote
I just use only 2 sets superjj, does the extra blinding flash IAS make a huge difference?
Reply Quote
I can't be bothered with macro's and 3 sets.

In fact I only really switch skorn for s/b.

I guess i'm lazy. - It does the job though.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Crazyeight
I just use only 2 sets superjj, does the extra blinding flash IAS make a huge difference?
yes it does, i have try using flying dragon to get the boost from blind flash. and i get a 10% eDPS increase. and thats only around 2 APS on the blind flash. if you were to have a set of full IAS gears with flying dragon, you can get in game max APS which is like 4 or 5. than your overall eDPS could increase 25% with the 3rd set of gears. of course, you can only do that by using macro swap.

p.s. that 25% gets bigger as your eDPS increase. 4mill eDPS will become 5mill eDPS with the 3rd gear set.
Edited by SuperJJ#1973 on 1/6/2013 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
What are your thoughts on Witching hour vs Inna's belt for the snapshot? I have both already, should I swap them after flash or after SW?

For the guy above me, overawe is a debuff on enemies rather than a buff on yourself, so it doesn't apply to the snapshot.

They're so close that it doesn't make a difference, I think. WH would win by 1%. Damage and IAS are weighted equally in the BF equation, so you can just compare % damage and % IAS directly.

For SW, they work out really close again. I'm not sure how to tackle the math for this one. 8% damage is 8% DPS. Going from 450 to 500 crit damage (11% increase) at 60% crit chance should work out to about 6-7% DPS, so the inna's wins there.

Damn, messed around with this last night and its tough to pull off in its fullest effect since the FD proc only lasts for a few seconds (anyone know exactly how many?) and is unpredictable as to when it will proc. This alone wouldn't be such a problem but when collapsed into the 3 second time window that combo strike is active, !@#$ gets really difficult. you have 30 on DR which is not a problem but trying to reliably get the fd to proc with the 3 sec combo strike zone can take far to long too be practicl on higher mps since you have to be hitting mobs the whole time for CS to proc.

Anyone have any advice on how to simplify this procedure?

Just start with a high-DPS non-elemental 1h of any type mainhand and a .25 APS echoing fury offhand. The EF goes in your offhand, and your mainhand should automatically become active when it's equipped. It's almost as good as the flying dragon (about 75%), and you don't have to deal with such a short window. It'll still be significantly stronger than just casting with your sweeping wind 2h.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Crazyeight

No.

Going from no-swap to having a glass cannon SW set is a huge difference, almost ten times the damage for a mid-tier player (like me).

Having maxed out BF (whether it's on some mix of your gear, or a dedicated set) is another 25%. It's a lot of damage in absolute terms (another million DPS or so), but nothing earth-shattering like the first change.
Edited by Raticus79#1110 on 1/6/2013 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Crayzer & SuperJJ
just curious, what's your snapshot dmg at?
and LS only works on pre-snapshot gear and not afterwards right?

I only swap from the dps gear to my normal fighting gear with shield ... what's this 3rd gear that everyone's talking about?
Reply Quote
@ Crayzer & SuperJJ
just curious, what's your snapshot dmg at?
and LS only works on pre-snapshot gear and not afterwards right?

I only swap from the dps gear to my normal fighting gear with shield ... what's this 3rd gear that everyone's talking about?

Try reading the link in the first post.
Reply Quote
@Raticus79
thanks ... that's so much work though lol
... wonder if a human can do that in 3 seconds = /

I'll just stick with my flying dragon ..
Reply Quote
From memory (at work) I'm at 430k dps when I snapshot.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/6/2013 10:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Once it takes a snapshot from your initial gear (let's say starting with a cc/dex mempo) and then swap to a 4 piece inna, (inna's radiance with additional sweeping wind damage), would that additional sweeping wind damage be factored after casting the sweeping wind or only before ?
Reply Quote
@Raticus79
thanks ... that's so much work though lol
... wonder if a human can do that in 3 seconds = /

I'll just stick with my flying dragon ..

You should really just read it. It basically tells you how to get beyond ridiculous MP10-capable DPS with stupidly cheap gear and white-quality daggers
Reply Quote
Gear is not stupidly cheap if you want it to actually be useful...
Reply Quote
A lot of great info guys, let me get this straight.

Start in full IAS gear (damage doesn't matter, just IAS correct?)
cast blinding flash
Switch to SW gear
Every buff that you can get. (mantra of conviction, BW, deadly reach, combination strike etc etC)
Cast SW
Switch to your combat set.

All this in 3 seconds right?
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Cayzer
From memory (at work) I'm at 430k dps when I snapshot.

Was wrong, it's 500k.

Edit: Did a test for you, 500k SW snapshot, switch to azure wrath with 2.64 aps 82k dps: mp10 azmodan 138m HP killed in 61 seconds. Could do better I imagine with my skain.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/7/2013 3:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
why are ppl so hot on this topic when in fact it will get nerf in the next patch, lol.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 05:09 AMPosted by SuperJJ
why are ppl so hot on this topic when in fact it will get nerf in the next patch, lol.

The more it is discussed, the more data Blizzard analysts will gather on it, the more likely it will be nerfed.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 05:31 AMPosted by Virtueboy

The more it is discussed, the more data Blizzard analysts will gather on it, the more likely it will be nerfed.
i meant by ppl are hot on the topic and buying the gears, lol. not just discussion.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 05:09 AMPosted by SuperJJ

This.

If you happen to have gear already that works for this then sweet - but it wont last.

Only piece I bought for SW was an azurewrath though, you'll forgive me that.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/7/2013 6:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 11:34 PMPosted by MysticaL
with stupidly cheap gear and white-quality daggers

your defenition of cheap gear greatly differs from mine ... the white dagger alone cost at least 1.5 mil! O_O!

01/07/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Cayzer
Was wrong, it's 500k.

nice!

01/07/2013 05:55 AMPosted by SuperJJ
i meant by ppl are hot on the topic and buying the gears, lol. not just discussion.

some ppl just want to get in on the fun ... personally I won't buy gear specificly for this ... but I'll buy gear which are upgrades for my normal set
I just feel really happy that I can play my monk beyond MP3 for now ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]