Diablo® III

Sweeping Wind snapshot mechanics guide

A lot of great info guys, let me get this straight.

Start in full IAS gear (damage doesn't matter, just IAS correct?)
cast blinding flash
Switch to SW gear
Every buff that you can get. (mantra of conviction, BW, deadly reach, combination strike etc etC)
Cast SW
Switch to your combat set.

All this in 3 seconds right?

I know that's not right. The FitL buff for white daggers would suck. Damage definitely matters.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 09:37 AMPosted by QHTran
with stupidly cheap gear and white-quality daggers

your defenition of cheap gear greatly differs from mine ... the white dagger alone cost at least 1.5 mil! O_O!

yes, where a white dagger performs close or better than MOST 100mil weapons. You don't even need a +20% attack speed dagger. +18%'s are 100k, and they do 1.77 aps instead of 1.80...

Then instead of dual wielding, instead of a second 100mil+ weapon, you get a stupid crit shield with some dex/high VIT, 10% crit, and 70 AR. Hey, this costs 100k-1mil, you've saved another 100M... do I keep going?
Reply Quote
@Mystical
I see where you're coming from .. yeah that's dirt cheap alright when you're comparing a weapon that cost 1.5 mil vs 100mil ... but I'm sure once the swaping SW gets nerf the white dagger will go for nothing, while the 100 mil weapon will retain it's price .. same with other weapon/gears

all those ppl who bought specific gears for this is just throwing their $$ away (IMHO)
Reply Quote
I only spent like 5m for this for me to be able to farm mp4 effectively. Already made my money back
Reply Quote
You realise you need a good weapon before the swap... With life steal. My skorn is worth a few 100m but if that is cheap to you...
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Cayzer
You realise you need a good weapon before the swap... With life steal. My skorn is worth a few 100m but if that is cheap to you...
skorn is not the best for snapshot, rare 2 hand mace are much better and its dirt cheap.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 02:21 PMPosted by SuperJJ
skorn is not the best for snapshot, rare 2 hand mace are much better and its dirt cheap.

Fair call, but i think i'm happy with my Skorn - it's for more than just SW lol.
Reply Quote
It's actually not dirt cheap anymore to find a decent doomhammer with lifesteal + crit + dex. Luckily I sniped a decent one for 80k yesterday =) They go for 10m+ now. Also important that its non elemental damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]