Diablo® III

for god sake, nerf or remove reflect damage

My money's on Chillax between the two of you. I'm not sure if you're aware that there's a point of diminishing returns on res and armor. That mp10 damage mitigation video of yours really isn't all that impressive. What I saw was that nothing was really dying and that you were under 50% life or near death most of the time. That's pretty far from impressive.

Thank you, sno. Maybe someday ZRaiyne will wake up and realize he shouldn't bash others for having a different opinion. Somehow my opinion of reflects damage has completely thrown ZRaiyne over the deep end. The guy has gone completely nutso full of rage. Here is a quote from his Youtube video:

We know how to counter this attribute simply because "WE" know how to play the game and understand its underlying mechanics. Go back to your troll holes and shove your complaints up your crack.

Again, Saberfenix, what your arrogant 20 Billion Gold / $20,000 USD barbarian does, my cheap 120 Million farming barbarian can do too. That is without me complaining about RD, at all.

Shame on the both of you for being such potholes. You both are considered wastes of a person. That is uncontested. You just got served by this poor player that you criticize on the forums for having "low dps" so he has no right to complain about RD. Correct me if i'm wrong.

A wise and good gaming sensed player will always be better than noobish RMAH'ed children who know nothing but complain. That is an uncontested fact. Sup.

This is ZRaiyne. A very jealous, delusional, arrogant, angry man.

Wow, such dazzling word play from a person who cannot even say yes to a live recorded efficiency contest at MP(7) and cannot even upload his own video to defend himself. :)

Youtube is a free site, make your own then. :) I will gladly accept the challenge unlike you. Ho-hum.. *yawn*
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/6/2013 2:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
I noticed most people here that defend RD are : Gloom DH, Barbs, Monks and people with crap gear (low dps).

And when we talk about balance, blizz should remove 30% mitigation from barbs and monks. just so they can feel balance of RD.

RD needs to go, not only because it is imbalanced, it needs to go because most builds dont work against it. (with LOH gear and living lightning i steamroll RD, though with current build i get nailed in second)
Reply Quote
We know how to counter this attribute simply because "WE" know how to play the game and understand its underlying mechanics. Go back to your troll holes and shove your complaints up your crack.

Again, Saberfenix, what your arrogant 20 Billion Gold / $20,000 USD barbarian does, my cheap 120 Million farming barbarian can do too. That is without me complaining about RD, at all.

Shame on the both of you for being such potholes. You both are considered wastes of a person. That is uncontested. You just got served by this poor player that you criticize on the forums for having "low dps" so he has no right to complain about RD. Correct me if i'm wrong.

A wise and good gaming sensed player will always be better than noobish RMAH'ed children who know nothing but complain. That is an uncontested fact. Sup.

I'm sorry ZRaiyne. I had no clue that my opinion of reflects damage would cause someone to create videos bragging about how they can conquer reflects damage, brag as much as you can, attack others who are more successful, tell people they are a "waste of a person", accuse people of buying their gear, call people children and other names, and rage on.

I believe ZRaiyne takes the cake for the madest I've ever seen someone online and I'm completely sorry for causing it.

I take back what I said about reflects damage. I don't even care about it anymore since they are going to fix reflects damage and it will be all better.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/6/2013 2:13 AM PST
Reply Quote

Look at his gear, not his posts. His gear is nowhere near terrible like most "nerf RD" posters. Just because the guy cries about it a lot doesn't mean that it's not a legitimate gripe. I'm not saying I agree with him, but his gear is clearly not the gear of someone that has chosen to completely ignore defensives and go for nothing but dps.

I understand where you're coming from. I implore you to read his posts to understand where the hate for him is coming from. Majority of the population dislikes him, a lot of good DH's have become my friends because they hate him too. lol.

The fault of Chillaxin is that admittedly "He dies from taking random pot shots all around the map without looking where he is shooting". The only solution he had was to spend 1.4 billion and fish for "look at me RD is imbalanced" threads. I personally hate fisher's like him who like the attention, but repel the positive insights.

So that is the thing that laughably kills him, noobish playstyle and more player oriented iniquities that makes all through out a terrible person to be around with. :)

However, if he as a person is worthy of defense from you after what i've told you. :) Then i have nothing else to say, each to his own opinion. Though the prevailing opinion on him as a person.... is otherwise abysmal.

Yes, the gears are good. The player is definitely not. A combination of both is a formula for instant death and much lauded trolling. :)

I've read the posts and I recognize that he cries a lot more than necessary, but as I said, excessive crying doesn't make the crying illegitimate.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's !@#$ what he is as a human being as, for me at least, the discussion is about the game and whether a part of it is broken. Whether he (or you or me) is human trash makes absolutely zero difference in that equation.

Personally, I think the only thing broken about reflect is that there's nothing animated that indicates it's a reflect crowd. It doesn't really matter for me most of the time, but I for one generally don't see "reflect damage" in the affix list until after AT LEAST a few hits. For many people, by then, it's already too late for them to do anything to counter it if it's not built into their gear.
Edited by sno#1130 on 1/6/2013 2:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
reflect damage is easy
Reply Quote
i sit at 380k buffed damage, and im doing fine totally.
Maybe you could link-up your profile for us to see whats wrong.

Else we can only assume your a GLASSCANNON.
Ya, you play a Barb....
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 02:33 AMPosted by sno
I've read the posts and I recognize that he cries a lot more than necessary, but as I said, excessive crying doesn't make the crying illegitimate.

I even apologize if what I've done was excessive. I've made a grand total of 3 or 4 threads about reflects damage over the course of months and I had no clue that was enough to drive people mad like ZRaiyne. It was not my intention to piss anyone off or troll.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/6/2013 3:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

I understand where you're coming from. I implore you to read his posts to understand where the hate for him is coming from. Majority of the population dislikes him, a lot of good DH's have become my friends because they hate him too. lol.

The fault of Chillaxin is that admittedly "He dies from taking random pot shots all around the map without looking where he is shooting". The only solution he had was to spend 1.4 billion and fish for "look at me RD is imbalanced" threads. I personally hate fisher's like him who like the attention, but repel the positive insights.

So that is the thing that laughably kills him, noobish playstyle and more player oriented iniquities that makes all through out a terrible person to be around with. :)

However, if he as a person is worthy of defense from you after what i've told you. :) Then i have nothing else to say, each to his own opinion. Though the prevailing opinion on him as a person.... is otherwise abysmal.

Yes, the gears are good. The player is definitely not. A combination of both is a formula for instant death and much lauded trolling. :)

Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's !@#$ what he is as a human being as, for me at least, the discussion is about the game and whether a part of it is broken. Whether he (or you or me) is human trash makes absolutely zero difference in that equation.

Personally, I think the only thing broken about reflect is that there's nothing animated that indicates it's a reflect crowd. It doesn't really matter for me most of the time, but I for one generally don't see "reflect damage" in the affix list until after AT LEAST a few hits. For many people, by then, it's already too late for them to do anything to counter it if it's not built into their gear.

He cries more than what is necessary that is correct, thus making him resistant to play style strategics. Taking uncontrolled pot shots then whining about it is inexcusable by any standards in any action RPG games. Everything here is about proper timing and being alert to survive. RD seems to be the only affix doing its job properly.

Particularly, offense DH's were never meant to mindlessly shoot around and expect to survive knowing RD elites might be around the corner. He deserves to die if he sticks to a broken play style. A lot of the people against him in the threads are DH's too, but they don't have such problems with RD. Even the hardcore community does not have trouble with RD. One Hardcore DH with 300k DPS even posted in one of the threads that Chillaxin is just playing wrong so he should learn a thing or two.

Assessing the situation and adapting is a priority for DH's, i don't see why Chillaxin cannot do the same. Once i see damage reflected, i immediately use lingering fog. Problem solved. The game does not adapt to us, but we instead adapt to it. If one cannot react within the split second to press lingering fog, maybe the dh class is not suited for his/her playstyle. Simple as that. He can either change classes or change his playstyle. Crying does not help his cause.

Just as Kripparian said in his latest video blogs, in the beginning people whined about Inferno being too hard. So it got nerfed. So now after months of patching, we have nothing of the sort that gives us any sort of challenge. The only affix giving us something to be situationally aware is RD. There is nothing more to do in the end game.

The only thing keeping majority of the population alive is the anticipation of PVP and the only thing keeping us awake in our chairs as of 1.0.6 is RD.

Again, "good expensive gears" coupled with a "slow-reaction timed terrible player" amounts to certain death and much fished for arrogance. RD is fine. Never was a problem, once you know how to counter it by proper timing and controlled execution.

That being said, I and many others here would love to have more challenging affixes in the later patches that will keep us on the edge of our seats. :) That is the summation of what people want in this thread as far as i've counted and read. :)

EDIT: That is two more people below me that find RD to be perfectly fine. :)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/6/2013 3:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
reflect damage is fine. It makes you have to stack some damage mitigation to finish a pack efficiently. The only thing they have to fix is how LS works with health link as well as how minions + RD is calculated, because that is downright retarded. I've isolated one minion from a pack of 4 and isolating that one minion alone dropped by healthbar 10x faster than a pack of RD mobs @ 5% lifesteal and 300+ LOH.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Skorpse
Stop being a glass cannon and you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
You guys know the whiners already won the reflect damage war right? Blizzard is already talking about a nerf to reflect... Sigh... It might be time to play a new game called Beerablo 24.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 03:45 AMPosted by Valsu
You guys know the whiners already won the reflect damage war right? Blizzard is already talking about a nerf to reflect... Sigh... It might be time to play a new game called Beerablo 24.

Yeah... they won the war, but the battle is not lost friend. :) Hoping that 1.0.7 will bring us much needed/wanted changes and a satisfying PVP to teach them a thing or two.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/6/2013 4:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 01:43 AMPosted by Deadtomato

Which illustrates perfectly how broken it is.

Or how easy the rest of the game is.

How many players can honestly claim MP10 is easy.
Reply Quote
learn to play. this game is so easy.
Reply Quote
Hahahaha OP.. it's called Life on hit/Life steal.. get some. And learn 2 play and stop dying.
Reply Quote

Yeah... they won the war, but the battle is not lost friend. :) Hoping that 1.0.7 will bring us much needed/wanted changes and a satisfying PVP to teach them a thing or two.

(hands ZR a Beerablo) Bottoms up. Probably gonna get banned, hahaha.
Edited by Valsu#1259 on 1/6/2013 5:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
I find reflect damage is ok in it's current iteration when I encounter it every once and a while. But when like 80% of the packs I run into have it, it gets tiring.

Some mobs are worse than others for reflect. Phasebeast packs with reflect are pretty awful, as are the fat goat shaman things. Tremors are bad as well.

Everything else I seem to be able to face tank entire packs all at once no problem with 200k dps archon attacks.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 03:06 AMPosted by ZRaiyne
He cries more than what is necessary that is correct, thus making him resistant to play style strategics. Taking uncontrolled pot shots then whining about it is inexcusable by any standards in any action RPG games.

Again, I apologized for the 3-4 threads I created over the past few months. I didn't realize such a small amount of threads would upset you and turn you into a rampaging insulting bitter man. Nothing I've done to you should be deserving of your non-stop insults and verbal abuse in every thread I enter. The way you rage is over-the-line harassment and it is sad to see anyone stoop to your level of mature conversational skills.

I enjoy playing ranged characters in RPG's that have low health and high mobility. I enjoy avoiding damage by using skill, kitting enemies, and shooting at everything in sight. It is a fun playstyle for me.

Your playstyle might be fun to you but its the most boring thing on the planet to me. You've set up your character with 2 million EHP which makes the game complete EASY MODE. You wear so much tank gear that you no longer need any form of skill to survive. If i had 2 million EHP i'd fall asleep at the keyboard. I don't want to play on easy mode like you do. I want monster attacks to hurt. But when I gear up to fight against reflects damage, monster attacks no longer stand a chance of hurting.

Once you have enough defense to negate reflects damage, the rest of the game becomes boring. The game would be exciting if I wasn't forced to wear tank gear on a ranged character.

I enjoy using skill to avoid attacks. I don't enjoy overgearing to turn the game into easy mode.

Please understand that I made those very few threads because I wanted to play my favorite playstyle. Playing in tank gear is boring and removes the need to be alert in my opinion.
Reply Quote
OP is just trolling. Attention wh*re to be exact. I wish the forum posting would be restricted to D3 profiles instead of people like the OP pretending to hide using a StarCraft profile.
Reply Quote
''bouuuuuhouuuou I die against RD, it's not fun at all! please help nerf this. I'm quiting until this is fixed. I destroy everything except RD packs :( I want to feel godly all the time, this is fun. I don't need challenge, just mindless monkey grinding runs so I can get lvl-up faster ans easier! Dying in video game is not fun, melting everything mindlessly with no challenge this is fun''

Grow up deal with it and adapt your gameplay for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]