Diablo® III

Am I overpricing my gear?

I've been trying to sell some of my old gear here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415465776#1

Been trying on D2JSP too. Not a single bite in a week.

Am I overpricing stuff? It seemed to be the lowest on the AH by ~1m each piece. If I am overpricing, what do you think they are worth?
Reply Quote
1m off? not in this economy...

try pricing everything atleast 15% below
Reply Quote
well it's not always 1m, that's pretty much the minimum i've under priced. other things are 10m under AH price and won't sell, driving me nuts that i can't sell stuff like 6CC lacuni's
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 05:41 AMPosted by Kieble
well it's not always 1m, that's pretty much the minimum i've under priced. other things are 10m under AH price and won't sell, driving me nuts that i can't sell stuff like 6CC lacuni's

your lacunis only has 8% ias, +142 armor, no other primary stat, what do you expect?
Reply Quote
What I do is just drop the price on what I am trying to sell about ten to twenty percent every six to 8 hours.
Reply Quote
Yes
Reply Quote
The economy isn't great ATM. Buyers' market.
Reply Quote
Some specific examples would be great...
Reply Quote
I cannot comment on the specific number as i play on another realm but i usually price very aggressive from the beginning (like 10% less than cheapest comparable) and then i cut 10% every 24hrs.

You might want to do the same unless you are talking about very premium item where you need to have patience waiting for the right buyer.

In Europe, for example, your lacuni would be hugely overpriced as you can find armor/6cc/8ias for under 40m; your tri gloves would sell for 12-13m for example
Reply Quote
The AH at the moment is roll perfect or go home unfortunately.
Reply Quote
@Kieble be patient... this week has been a slow week on Auction House Tycoon. Don't just clear things at an absolute steal unless you need your gold instantly. Lots of my fairly priced stuff has been moving slow, it happens sometimes :D
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Whisper
The AH at the moment is roll perfect or go home unfortunately.

Yeah it really seems to be. I was fine selling stuff up untill Christmas break. I think the swarm of people with time off overloaded the AH and now only a select few items are selling. Hopefully it'll come back up soon though cause not being able to sell this gear is quite annoying when the only other armor/6CC lacuni's are 20m more for example, silliness.
Reply Quote
You can be 100 mil lower then the guy above you but if he is way overcharging then so are you even though you are much lower.

Give examples and prices you are trying to get it easiest way to see but prices are way down if not BIS .
Reply Quote
If gear doesn't sell, then by definition it's being overpriced. Just keep cutting prices by 5-10% every few hours. Eventually stuff will sell if you do that. You may get less than what you perceive it's value to be, but at least the stuff moves and frees up your stash space.
Reply Quote
Know your P's and Q's.

Demand < Supply
Reply Quote
Well here's an example for that lacuni's

http://i.imgur.com/9X6Jv.jpg

65m lower, lowest on AH by far. without armor (basically with stuff like life regen arcane resist, etc that no one searches for they start at 40m).
Reply Quote
Lacunis are overpriced for the most part on AH.

And only someone who really wants it will pay for it. So unless you have highly desirable stats most likely noone will pay AH prices even at discounted. You can the to lower the price continuously til it sells.

Longest I've had items up are a couple days but that's cause I know their overpriced lol
Reply Quote
You'll probably price better if you go easy on the search filters. Eg. your lacunis have relatively low armor, try searching for without armor and price yours like theirs, and your item will stand out.

Same goes for your butcher's sickle. The int and vit values are way to low to warrant a search filter. Will take a 100 INT sickle over that one any day, and these will likely cost under 10m easily.
Reply Quote
When I sold my old helm, I priced it via what was on the AH at 70 mill. I had to drop the price repeatedly over the next week until it finally sold at 45 mill. Prices have fallen out on everything but the top notch gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]