Diablo® III

Perfectionist - with vault

So i tested it out a bit and I guess bc vault is under 10 disc u gain no reduction from perfectionist with it which is a shame =/...so it really only helps shadow power...and only 1 per cast =/ if you saved 1 per vault id consider this passive...but as is...ehh
Reply Quote
You still get 10% bump in resists and life but I get what you are saying. Maybe they should instead just give a 10% bump to max disc?
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Nocterminus
You still get 10% bump in resists and life but I get what you are saying. Maybe they should instead just give a 10% bump to max disc?

skill design: hey let's make a passive that reduces disc usage by 10%, even if their max disc is 30, because 10% out of 30 adds some serious disc-skill spammability

D3 design team: Brilliant, as a casual gamer, I'd love to try this skill!

skill design v2: we feel that we need to revisit perfectionist. For some reason, our stats say that no body is using this skill. Let's not address the reason why this skill was never touched by any demon hunter. What the hell, just add some resist/HP/armor
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Seige
So i tested it out a bit and I guess bc vault is under 10 disc u gain no reduction from perfectionist with it which is a shame =/...so it really only helps shadow power...and only 1 per cast =/ if you saved 1 per vault id consider this passive...but as is...ehh

This is completely false! - Your methodology is clearly poor

I grabbed two +10 bows from AH to give me a pool of 60

Using tumble without TA (as that speeds up the vault pace)
avg disc per use is (8+4)/2 = 6 per, my expected vaults is 10 from 60

performed in ~5 seconds == I should expect about 5 discipline remaining

A: Without perfectionist tumbling into a corner I produce 10 vaults before being OOM with a pool of ~5 at the end

B: With perfectionist this increased to 12 and had 1 remaining
that is 12*5.4 + 1 = as if I had 65.8 disc

had perfectionist been useless there would have been NO change, there clearly is an observed performance difference; repeatable
Disc is not tracked as an INT, it in fact has hidden decimals

always be skeptical of 'tests' that have NO data posted or how they concluded their observation
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/17/2012 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 12:23 PMPosted by zoid

This is completely false! - Your methodology is clearly poor

I grabbed two +10 bows from AH to give me a pool of 60

Using tumble without TA (as that speeds up the vault pace)
avg disc per use is (8+4)/2 = 6 per, my expected vaults is 10 from 60

performed in ~5 seconds == I should expect about 5 discipline remaining

A: Without perfectionist tumbling into a corner I produce 10 vaults before being OOM with a pool of ~5 at the end

B: With perfectionist this increased to 12 and had 1 remaining
that is 12*5.4 + 1 = as if I had 65.8 disc

had perfectionist been useless there would have been NO change, there clearly is an observed performance difference; repeatable
Disc is not tracked as an INT, it in fact has hidden decimals

always be skeptical of 'tests' that have NO data posted or how they concluded their observation

Nice post. Makes sense. I just like to play the game so I am not very technical in that area. I run it in my build but I also use nightstalker so I can pretty much flip all over the place just shy of mass spammage even with only 39 max Disc. My not-so-scientific approach was NS with Perfectionist should yield enough oomph for me to liberally use SP/Gloom and Vault/ToC. I didn't know I was really right until you posted this. Glad there are people like you to post this stuff. This game feels like too much of a job as it is so I'll leave the testing to the hardcore math geeks that bless our forum with their input. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]