Diablo® III

Blitz Para exp build

So, one thing i noticed, that alot of you probably scratch your head at(new palyers/WD) is

"How do i farm at Barb speed, or DH speed, and just run like a bat out of hell across the map?"

Well, i made a build, might already be out there, and have been using it for awhile now and really like it. and my Ms is never below 44% (based on 24% base MS).

How you might ask? Well its pretty simple, and all you really need, is 80k ish, prime dps.(not factoring IAS) and a set up similar to this...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SUXdYg!WeT!caZccc

Now how does it work? simple, GI passive and TotD+p/u you have on any other piece of gear. You turn SW/Horrify into your "sprints" and they will ALWAYS be up... again because of GI

I use Skulls bc its low mana, fast cast, and i can use PtV with it and not notice mana drop. i find that SB with Manitou is a great combo with this bc on elites with extra hp, or champs that you jsut arnt 1shotting, Manitou picks up your slack.

Only thing you have to get use to is watching your buff bar, you dont want to pop both unless you are running into 10+ mobs, as cycling them gives you 7/13 seconds "sprint" without killing anything. Meaning all you need to do is kill 5-6 mobs ever 13 seconds and make them count to lower the cd on wither SW or Horrify. Pretty much i run threw every zone with a very small % time not having 44+ MS and it cut several minutes a run out of my time since i started doing it. Also i use Soul harvest as a dps skill... i dont really worry about wheather or not i hit 4-5 mobs, if im SW threw an area, ill drop it into 2-3 mobs to lower the CD on my SW/Horrify so that i can keep booking it.

I hope this proves useful to your Para grinding, haven't really seen any post about para grinding in awhile so i thought id throw my build out there.

Any other speed para grinding builds out there? love to hear about them and see what they are about.

Edit: have switched out SB for Bears, do this only bc i can kill most elites with 2 bear shots(one good bear cast) now. current dps 180k, with PtV and 1.88 aps. Not suggested for under 100k core dps, for you cant cast to many at once and need to be able to kill any and all elites within 2-3 cast even if only one bear hits each time.
Edited by Oranz#1757 on 1/1/2013 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice!

Go go manitou!
Reply Quote
I recently hooked two speed builds up in the

Index to Witch Doctor Builds and Guides
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275486

and I'll list yours in there too.

I assume this is just low MP 1-3 depending on DPS, as you just have firebomb for an attack (well you do have Manitou but that isn't really a mob skill). Maybe AC and a Skorn would be better?

Anyway I'll hook your build up in the Index.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 12/19/2012 4:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sweet, I love SB: Manitou!

I like how they increase the damage and range, but the skill itself just feels so slow.
Reply Quote
i feel the build in my profile is amazing for speed!!
Reply Quote
Same build as Dropsy and it's wicked fast. I'm about 20-40s behind my similarly geared Barb WW friend on Alkeiser runs.
Reply Quote
reson i keep SB mantiou, is elite single target nd when you are running along alot of times it keepsmy kill chains going bc it will jsut nail the mob as you run buy (most cases being a one shot) thats the big reason i use it, with my primary being Skulls.

12/19/2012 04:13 AMPosted by skywalkerfx
assume this is just low MP 1-3 depending on DPS, as you just have firebomb for an attack (well you do have Manitou but that isn't really a mob skill). Maybe AC and a Skorn would be better?

Yes this is just para farming, and i don't use skorn bc you need TotD with this build, its all about the P/U radius to make sure you kill mobs in your circle to lower cd on SW/Horrify
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Dropsy
i feel the build in my profile is amazing for speed!!

I see what you are doing with angry chicken, here is y i dont use it. My horrify/Sw are literately always up, even going across large distances without mobs, i still get to mobs before im out of MS skills and than they are back up before im don't killing the mobs. with 24% base MS, horrify puts me at 44% and SW at 74%, Angry Chicken only puts me at 39%. and the AE i would get out of it i get out of Soul Harvest, again that is always up.

So thats why I don't use it, but im defiantly not under minding your build, i feel someone with less fortune and not as good gear would prefer it bc it gives them Bears to use on elites and AC dots to finish mobs off that arnt one shotted. and still have all kind of speed options to throw them across the mobs =)
Reply Quote
I recently hooked two speed builds up in the

Index to Witch Doctor Builds and Guides
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275486

and I'll list yours in there too.

SWEET! im published! woot! lol

on a srs note, thanks!
Reply Quote
Someone asked me what was a good p/u radius to have, and honestly im not sure, but if i had to pick a number id say at least 35 after 8meter passive. im at 48 after passive and there isn't anything that doesn't die in my radius at this point, if its on the screen its pretty much fair game.
Reply Quote
Why dogs? What does that do for speed? Why would you need leaching dogs on low mp? Use angry chicken dude, and swap firebomb for acid rain. Mana shouldn't ever be an issue on low mp.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 02:11 PMPosted by MikeHoncho
Why dogs? What does that do for speed? Why would you need leaching dogs on low mp? Use angry chicken dude, and swap firebomb for acid rain. Mana shouldn't ever be an issue on low mp.

Answer is pretty simple... dogs are jsut mob control, as silly as it sounds when im in this gear i have like 300 ra if that, and 3k ish armor, not big survivability numbers, and while dieing wouldn't happen often without them, any time you die you just added 20sec+ to your run.

AC cast slower than Skulls, this is y i dont use it

Angry chicken is slower than Horrify buff,(said this earlier) or SW and they are already always up for me... so y add a useless skill to my line up? it would only get in the way of my rotations.
Reply Quote
Here's the build I use and quite enjoy for powerleveling.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RfUXhd!YcT!acaZZY

Requirements:

Zunimassa's 4 set (preferably with a hat with mana regen)
Minimum 12 yards pickup range (as much as possible is preferable)
60k+ dps

Other gearing considerations:
Try to get the bulk of your dammage output from int, weapon dammage, crit chance and crit dammage, since attack speed will burn your mana very quickly without a low-cost ability. Otherwise, life on hit works spectacularly well with acid rain (even just with blackthorne's pants my doc can tank up to mp7 without any other leach or regen effects).

Method: This build is quite simple. Bomb the hell out of huge crowds with acid rain, spam bears at large or elite mobs, maintain a soul siphon 5 stack, grab health globes as soon as their present (gruesome feast OP imo, can maintain minimum 3 stacks at all times with a solid WD), and otherwise SW and fear every time their up for mobility. When you are fighting elites and there are 4 or more of them present, for your manas rotate a locust swarm cast in every other cast. Through testing, I found out that devouring swarm will replace itself while spreading when you cast it multiple times, so with 4 monsters or more present and blood ritual, you end up gaining mana every time you cast locust swarm (and for giggles watch what happens if you cast locust swarm twice before starting bombing acid rain in keep depths, or against an enormous stygian crawler pack).

I'm not gonna make suggestions on the path that is best, since anywhere that you find epic clusters of monsters works and I've not done the math or statistical analysis myself (I'm quite fond of starting act 2 at belial, and cleaning out the sewers between oasis and town, the sewer leading up to adria, black canyon mines through to road to alcarnus incluing any bonus dungeons, and everything from desolate sands on, epic skeleton hordes abound). Basically any path that takes you through high density areas works well.

If you wanted a bit of extra mobility you could just as easily swap out blood ritual for spirit vessel, the only substantial impact this would have is that you would need at least 5 monsters present rather than 4 to sustain your mana against tougher elite packs, which isnt always available for very long. I personally prefer to have blood ritual since I often use this build on MP5-6.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 02:11 PMPosted by MikeHoncho

but to give you validation, i do use angry chicken(traded out with SB) in a group set up simple bc ppl i run with are monks(that over all go faster than barbs) and other WD, so we start to make a race out of it, and with everyones AE dps, chicken becomes nice. it also stacks with either SW or Hex (not both at same time) so helps when the damn monk is sprining across the map
Edited by Oranz#1757 on 12/19/2012 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]