Diablo® III

Jungle Fortitude broken. Attention needed!

Original threads:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004404817#7
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004404807#10

Jungle fortitude passive for WD doesn't appear to be working. It's been over a month and still no response about this. Heck not even an outcry from the WD community for answers. This is sad. This could be EXTREMELY useful in higher MP lvls but it doesn't seem to be working whatsoever. Let's bring some attention to this!

OP from first link:
[Summary]
The Passive skill for the Witch Doctor, "Jungle Fortitude" (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/witch-doctor/passive/jungle-fortitude) is not working (at least) for the Witch Doctor character (not verified for pets).

[REPRO]:
1.) Play Witch Doctor (level 60) on Inferno, ACT - I, any quest beyond "legacy of Cain" (for this test, Monster Level 5).
2.) Make sure "Jungle Fortitude" IS NOT set as a passive skill. Also, remove your follower and unsummon all pets.
3.) Go to "old Ruins" way point, if the zombie mobs are dense, restart the game and repeat #3.
4.) Look for just 1 zombie to test
5.) have the zombie attack you. Damage ticks at 7000 - 10,000 without Jungle Fortitude (on my Character).
6.) Go back to town (don't die) and heal.
7.) Switch on "Jungle Fortitude" as passive skill.
8.) have the zombie attack you. Damage ticks at almost the same at 7000k - 10,000 per hit with Jungle Fortitude On.

Additional Notes: Also, I don't know if it's just standard, but the damage reduction number does not increase on the visible stat details, but maybe it's just a hidden bonus stat.

Number of times Bug Reproduced: 5
Bug Type: Game Mechanic
Bug Category: Skills/Classes
Bug Severity: High

Edit: Added the text from the OP in the first link. This is how he tested it should someone want to re create this and confirm / deny. Please we need attention to this!
Edited by Tnb87113#1636 on 12/19/2012 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
15% reduction after armor, resist are taken into account on a mob that does negligible damage is going to nigh impossible to notice. While anything is possible with the skill not working, until they allow for detailed information and parsing tools via combat logs it will be hard to catch some irregularities.
Reply Quote
If you refer to the link below this guy explains it in very high detail and has reproduced it as many as 5 times with others confirming. This needs to be fixed. 15% is HUGE when damages are so high.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004404817#7
Reply Quote
You know I think I have been noticing this problem with JF. About a month ago, I started using JF and I really noticed a big difference in my survivability. It really helped a lot to use JF and life link dogs as I play entirely in higher MP.

Well lately I have been running around MP8 a lot, but I have been noticing for a week or so that I've been getting really rocked but some of the elite mobs. It almost feels like I jumped a couple of MPs or something.

Now I know difficulty varies, but it seems I can't get a 5 stack of NV going on MP8 anymore without being owned a few times.

So I am wondering, am I hitting the reflect bug with the health linked elites? Or now is it that JF has been nerfed? Or both?

So I think I'll sub in Bad Medicine for JF, see how that works, and report back.
Reply Quote
I tested it myself and yes its bugged.

REALLY annoyed because I've always used Jungle Fortitude against ubers and keyfarming. Now I find out i've been carrying a dead passive for over a month? wow....
Reply Quote
Wow is right I was using it for the better part of a month as well. Dissapointed is an understatement. As well as the lack of response from blizzard or other WD's on this issue.
Reply Quote
Why use JF when BM is clearly better and helps whole party?
Reply Quote
I havent tested it, but I can tell you from my own experiance, I believe it is working fine.

If i run MP10 with JF, i stay alive.
If i remove JF, i die far more often.

That alone is meaningful enough for me to say it is working.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Seengh

Personally I like using a skill that I can actually see on my stat sheet instead of depending on it actually working. Also consider WD's that don't use poison damage. Furthermore consider that because of reduced effectiveness of just about everything in inferno, I would suspect that BM doesn't nearly last for 3 seconds. While JF is active at all times. Both potentially good skills but is one working? Is the other REALLY as effective as described? I'd love to have blue clarify.

Edit: Also I do a lot of solo so party isn't a concern all the time.
Edited by Tnb87113#1636 on 12/19/2012 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Seengh

Running that passive would mean you have to have a method of effectively dealing out continuous poison damage over multiple targets. Not every build has that utility.

I havent tested it, but I can tell you from my own experiance, I believe it is working fine.

I thought the exact same thing until I did the actual test. Numbers don't lie.
Edited by PhoenixFire#6336 on 12/19/2012 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Also, to the OP.

If you wear your normal gear (as shown on diabloprogress).

You have a total of approximately
89.22% mitigation with JF
87.31% mitigation with JF.

If the mob is attackign for 7-10k without JF, then we would conclude that mob is hitting for approximately 55,161-78,802 base damage before mitigation.

If that same mob were to attack you with JF, we would expect it to hit us for 5,946-8,494 damage after mitigation.

Maybe there is a bug with JF when you change it during the game?
Try starting the game with JF already on. Same results?

Maybe the damage is to low for it to work?

Its possible that its bugged, but i can tell you for a fact I notice a huge difference in play without it vs using it.
Reply Quote

While this is interesting I don't find it credible backed by raw numbers. Also consider, as always, sometimes content will be harder or easier depending on what elites/affixes spawn.
Reply Quote
Funny thing is the best way to test this would be PVP :D
Reply Quote
While this is interesting I don't find it credible backed by raw numbers. Also consider, as always, sometimes content will be harder or easier depending on what elites/affixes spawn.

Of course.

Im simply saying from experiance, every single time I drop JF for a different skill, I die far more often in high MP levels.

When i switch back to JF, that problem tends to go away.

Is it just plain luck? Sure, but its highly unlikely.

With my higher MP gear i sit at 78k HP, 850 ish resists and 3500ish armor.

Could be random, but with such high Base EHP, JF is going to make a bigger difference for me than someone with low EHP.
Reply Quote
While I don't doubt your experience Xarkar, mine seemed to be the complete opposite. My EHP altho not as good as yours, isn't horrible either. I wish blizz would comment on this issue.
Reply Quote
I read this earlier this evening and made some experiment using the exploding plants in act 3 at the oasis. Without JF I take in average 27k damage, with JF I take 23 k , so for me it seems it works fine
Edited by Ragnaroek#2982 on 12/19/2012 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Ragnaroek
I read this earlier this evening and made some experiment using the exploding plants in act 3 at the oasis. Without JF I take in average 27k damage, with JF I take 23 k , so for me it seems it works fine

Now that we have conflicting reports confirmed I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I just did the method described above and again same result, JF not working for me. I know I keep saying it but I wish blizz would comment on why the % doesn't show up in ur stats and whether the passive is even working at all.
Reply Quote
This is nonsense.
I recorded total damage for 36 hits from a zombie with no JF on, average per hit was 4810.
Then recorded total damage for 40 hits from a zombie with JF on, average per hit was 4031.
This means I took ~16% less damage with JF on, more or less what you'd expect.

Don't look at the damage from a single hit to test this sort of thing. Each monster hit does a very variable amount of damage, and you can fool yourself if you don't average results over enough events.
Reply Quote
Nonsense indeed. JF is working as intented :) nothing to see here, move on.
Reply Quote
I hopped into the core of areat, and took a hit. About 6300. I turn JF on, do the same thing. 5200 hit...
OP is smoking something, people are joining the bandwagon.
Thread reeks of BS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]