Diablo® III

Graphics Card assistance!

Hey there community! I'm working on a build and have everything down (I believe) except for the graphics card! Looking for around the 100-150 dollar range and would like to be running this game at as close to max as possible. Looked a little into the Radeon HD 6850 and the GTX 550 Ti but haven't made any decisions yet. Please let me know!

My CPU is....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103962

and my MOBO is...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128521
Reply Quote
I'm using a similar system with a 6850 and I run with high settings. Not sure if maxed because I don't worry about graphics too much in D3. Game runs fine for the most part. Some lag spikes when first starting the game but it smooths out after a few kills. I've heard that's not a hardware issue though.

Edit: For comparison's sake, here's a few other games I play with high or maxed graphics.

Skyrim, Darksiders 2, Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Dishonored, Arkham City.

So basically, the system should be able to play current games at a decent graphical level. Assuming other parts are also up to snuff.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 12/22/2012 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Awesome! That is what I wanted to hear! Thanks! Just a few more questions and then i'll be ready to make the purchases.

So if I have managed to find a 6850 for $100, would that be the best bang for my buck? Or should I shell out some extra cash and get a different card that will last me longer with possibly better performance?

Also, does anyone see any immediate problems with this? Such as bottlenecking, wrong part, etc? My PSU is a 630W and the tower itself is somewhere between a mid and a full. I will be riunning the 2 stock fans, as well as a fan on the HDD and obviously the CPU, is there anything else someone could suggest for this build incase I decide to dabble with OC'ing?
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Jeff
Also, does anyone see any immediate problems with this? Such as bottlenecking, wrong part, etc? My PSU is a 630W and the tower itself is somewhere between a mid and a full. I will be riunning the 2 stock fans, as well as a fan on the HDD and obviously the CPU, is there anything else someone could suggest for this build incase I decide to dabble with OC'ing?

630W should be more than enough for you.

If you are going to OC, you will need an aftermarket CPU cooler. The Hyper 212 EVO is a good choice. But you will need to make sure your case is wide enough to fit it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]