Diablo® III

200k unbuffed dmg with 4 pc zuni?

Ok bro, so reveal us the secret.
If you have same dps, but one is with 1.5 aps and 2nd char has 2 aps.
How is the one with 2 aps superior to 1.5? As witch doctor?
The one with 2 will run out of mana faster, dealing less damage.
There is no synergy, not a single benifit of having faster attacks as wd.
Spells that generate mana generate more, but you are using way more mana as well, while using your dps spells, which makes it counterproductive.

Nobody is saying a top high end wd should avoid ias. If there was zuni helm with 9% ias, sure I would use it. Or gloves, ofc go for trifecta. Just never trade for example crit for ias, on a wd, or mana regen for ias. Ias is good stat, but last one worth adding to your spec, when there is no other way to increase dps.

Use the search I and others have spoken to it many times. Nothing has changed in many patches now for WD's. There is no secret, it's about balance and a little common sense. With that said yes many people are saying WD's should avoid IAS hence the whole IAS is fake dps mantra. Here however is a pro-tip for you (based on one of your earlier posts in this thread) Picking up globes when your mana is full isn't a waste read the game guide for GF Mana replenishment isn't all it gives you.

http://www.platonicpillowtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/The-more-you-know-by-deviantart-StathisNHX.png
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/29/2012 4:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Where did I write that globes give you ONLY mana? You also get 10% inteligence, but if you already have 5 stacks, it only refreshes. There is no point to refresh gruesome feast instantly once you have is stacked. If you delay picking up globes by few seconds (by having shorter range), you can extend the duration of GF charged to 5 stacks. The more you know.
Reply Quote
What Brahm is saying is that, as in all things, moderation is the best way to go. You don't want too much attack speed, as that just drains your mana faster and makes it harder for you to regen while you spam a low mana attack. But you don't want to be super slow either, as your bears will never connect and your sustained damage is lower. I would think IAS is more important for 2Hers, as they have to compensate for the already slow speed of Skorn. For us dagger users, we don't need as much as the weapon itself is fast enough. I think for most 1Hers, the IAS boost from Witching Hour and Lacuni Prowlers is enough, while 2Hers are best with grabbing a bit more on gloves, rings, and or Inna's Pants.

If you want specific breakpoints, Aerial, I would ask ImpKing or Ofgortens. Gruesome Feast, Grave Injustice, and the whole pick-up radius debate belongs in lower Monster Powers where you can slaughter enemies in seconds. Unless of course you can pull some obscene damage in 7+, then I could see those 3 together still being viable.

IAS is good for certain WD builds. For those the go the LoH PoT/AC build, then IAS makes sense, as you are putting more frogs downrange, and getting your slimes on the field more quickly. Same goes for Bats, and really any other WD that does not rely on ZC or SB. This is less true for SB users, as they can rely on the RoE passive to keep their mana topped off, so IAS is probably not hurting them either. Just ZC users, then, need be concerned with not going overboard with IAS.
Edited by EddardStark#1833 on 12/29/2012 5:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
im getting pretty damn close tho that number

i just need to upgrade my bracers, possibly my belt

but who runs around unbuffed? with 5 souls im @ 222k dps =p
Reply Quote
I do agree that for low mp, all these speedruns, high pickup is a must. If you kill stuff offscreen with acid rain, you want these kills to count and reset your cooldown. Even more with locust swarm. So yeah, depends on build and mp ofc.
I was referring to higher mp, where game isn't figured out that well yet.
Reply Quote
IAS and manaregen go hand in hand. I like using spears/maces with 1.2 aps and solid dmg. I like having my aps between 1.50-1.60. GI is doable on mp10 even with 5 yards pickup, if you`re using bears only.
Reply Quote
I just hit 190k unbuffed earlier... just waiting for the profile to update. I'm not seeing any major mana concerns so far, and that's really only if there are a few monsters - more monsters = more mana :D I might swap Pestilence Locust to Mana Locust if mana does become a concern.
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 04:09 AMPosted by aerial
Where did I write that globes give you ONLY mana?

Learn to read your own posts.

also picking them up when your mana is full is also waste, since you don't get any mana then

Back to the EU with you, only reason most EU players come to the US forum to post is to troll and argue.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/29/2012 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

also picking them up when your mana is full is also waste, since you don't get any mana then

Back to the EU with you, only reason most EU players come to the US forum to post is to troll and argue.

sounds like he meant that in context of Gruesome Fiest

EDIT: yup. After scrolling up just a bit that's what he was talking about. The only troll in this regard is you.
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 12/29/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

EDIT: yup. After scrolling up just a bit that's what he was talking about. The only troll in this regard is you.

Of course he meant in the context of gruesome feast half wit. He was saying on the previous page there is no reason to pick up globes when you mana is full with gruesome feast. That isn't true, he amended his statement in the last post.

Some people...derp. Learn 2 Context.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/29/2012 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/25/2012 01:27 PMPosted by battletag
I have 2 pcs, and no AS to fake up the DMG.

had to quote this bc i laughed... 1.4 weapon, ok so take your 160k (with PtV) multiply by .4 = 64k, remove that from your dps.

now lets take out the "fake" 20% form your PtV... dont really think you have much damage =/
Reply Quote

Of course he meant in the context of gruesome feast half wit. He was saying on the previous page there is no reason to pick up globes when you mana is full with gruesome feast. That isn't true, he amended his statement in the last post.

/popcorn
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 12/29/2012 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

/popcorn

/addsbutter
Reply Quote

/popcorn

/addsbutter

not too much butter plz! I have to watch my cholesterol!
Reply Quote

/addsbutter

not too much butter plz! I have to watch my cholesterol!

/replaceswithicantbelieveitsnotbutter
Reply Quote

Also fact that you don't "auto pick" all globes from all screen instantly, sometimes helps, since you have control over how fast you want to pick them up. Picking up more than 5 within 10s is a waste, also picking them up when your mana is full is also waste, since you don't get any mana then.

I never said it is only reason. This is just an example with mana. Wasting globes while already having 50% capped int bonus is another obvious reason. The fact I didn't mention it directly or explained in detail, obviously means I had no clue about it.
And you dare to say I came here to argue and troll? Ok.
Edited by aerial#2212 on 12/29/2012 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok bro, so reveal us the secret.
If you have same dps, but one is with 1.5 aps and 2nd char has 2 aps.
How is the one with 2 aps superior to 1.5? As witch doctor?

I'll give you a hint since you are the type that cant look outside the box...In other words you have fallen into the "high IAS = no mana = no damage" belief. Instead your equation should look more like "high IAS = less mana = more powerful primary skills that are near equal to a slow bear cast"
Your slow bear equation looks more like " slow IAS = more mana = When OOM (shot your wad) primaries resemble throwing cotton balls at mobs while regening"

When i run close to OOM with bears, my primaries deal sufficient amount of damage while i regen. High attack speed does NOT mean you will run out of mana... unless of course you set a paper weight on you mouse button. But if I do run oom i can spam darts, ghost bombs or spiders endlessly while regening. In other words.. I do far less kiting than you do. You have the philosophy that by having a slower race car you will win the race because i have to stop in the pits to refuel. Im saying that i dont have to stop to refuel i have a reserve tank and you do have to stop to refuel ..now you are still 3 laps behind me.
Edited by Ivaniko#1286 on 12/29/2012 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

Also fact that you don't "auto pick" all globes from all screen instantly, sometimes helps, since you have control over how fast you want to pick them up. Picking up more than 5 within 10s is a waste, also picking them up when your mana is full is also waste, since you don't get any mana then.

I never said it is only reason. This is just an example with mana. Wasting globes while already having 50% capped int bonus is another obvious reason. The fact I didn't mention it directly or explained in detail, obviously means I had no clue about it.
And you dare to say I came here to argue and troll? Ok.

yeh yeh yeh it's pretty clear what you wrote on the other page. Sorry I didn't use my ESP to read between the lines. When somebody says "there is no reason to do x because x, and leaves out reasons y, and z.. it's obvious they talking out the wrong end". Thank you for amending your previously half cocked statement. Please go back to the EU now I'll let you know when we need some crumpets.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/29/2012 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ivan don't bother man most of this guys think the only way to play is to stand in one spot and hold the mouse down for an hour. Learning to throttle or "micro" is beyond the gaming experience they are willing to try. Just a bunch of console gamers who learned to use PCs so they can facebook and had to have that "dorky" kid at school show them how to install games.
Reply Quote
I understand Brahm.. I was actually going to refer to you in my last post since in every post you have made your comments were words that i wanted to say...lol. You seem to be more on the same page as me all the time. The IAS, Paper DPS etc. posts are getting long in the tooth with too many false concepts. I just get tired of people telling me that when i go OOM im not doing anything when the opposite is the case. Im dealing efficient damage 100% of the time. Slow bear builders deal lots of damage less than 100% of the time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]