Diablo® III

Hero Missing

Hi, I was told to post a bug report by the Game Master in regards to a character missing as they are not able to verify further.

So here is what happened, on 09 December 2012 (GMT +8), I was playing the character Monk named Killy a level 60 Paragon 60 or 61 on the US server in the morning and stopped as I had to run some errands, like any other player (at least that's what i see for most of my diablo friends), i did not log off my account and just leave it on the menu page, minimised the screen do a windows lock on my computer and went out. Only to return in the evening at around 6pm to find that my account was disconnected with some kind of error number which i did not pay attention to, could be the usual lack of activity of internet connectivity issues (i guess). After logging in i noticed that i was logged on to another hero which is quite strange, upon accessing to the hero selection page i noticed one of my character(the one mentioned) is missing!

Hence I access Support to read up on those FAQ to restore my hero but to no avail and reported to Support (you may wish to refer to US33676469 & US33622659) and base on whatever log they checked, they determined that there is nothing they could do to restore my character as they found no compromise and will not be rolling back the account. From what i percept, they "insisted" it is a case of hero deleted. I kinda accepted and believed them however, spending over hundreds of hours on this one character, i requested them to find out when was the character deleted from the mentioned time frame and they highlighted that there were no evidence of deletion and so here's my question, if there are no trace of deletion. It should not be a case of hero being deleted right? Why did my hero just disappear? A system bug? What exactly does your log capture in this case?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
iJunjie,

From reading your ticket, it appears at least two characters were deleted. You were able to recover the latest, but as you know, that's all the system allows for.

As for our logs, I'm not at liberty to discuss what we can and can not see in them. For your request, you'd have to continue using the ticketing system and ask them to escalate it so our database admins can investigate. I cannot do that for you in the forums unfortunately. FYI, every time I've seen this come up, all they can provide is possibly a deletion time and date. There would still be no way to recover a deleted or missing character however.
Reply Quote
Any chance of providing me with the deletion time and date in this case?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Omrakos just said that he's not authorized to do so, but that you may request that information through the ticketing system.

12/25/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Omrakos
continue using the ticketing system and ask them to escalate it so our database admins can investigate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]