Diablo® III

Game sound works, but not through headset?

My sound has been working correctly until recently. I've been using a Turtle Beach headset for months, without any issues. I plugged the headset in earlier today and found that the sound would not play through the headset, but would work once I disconnected the headset from the usb port. Any ideas on how to correct this? A corrupted file in my D3 folder? I have no other programs running while this occurs, but if I open a browser and play music on Youtube, I am able to hear that playing through the headset. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Joshua,

What sound device is selected in the in-game sound device selections? Set it to default, and then in Windows, set the headset also to be the default. If you also have external speakers, set them to disabled in Windows for the purposes of troubleshooting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]