Diablo® III

Gem Concepts for 1.10

Love it.
Reply Quote
I like the idea, but at its current stage, those gem's stats are too over power for the current difficult level. Even mp10 would be no match for the bonuses these gems would bring.
Reply Quote
Topic creator has no idea of game balance... Why not just give each "makes you unkillable" as that is basicly what he did...

01/01/2013 08:21 PMPosted by HPX
Other: +500 Life Regeneration

So you want people to have 4,500 base life regeneration from gems on top of the 2,000 odd from armor itself? You are aware how much of a joke Hardcore would become?

01/01/2013 08:21 PMPosted by HPX
Weapon: +10% Life Steal

2 socket manticore for 20% base life steal (instead of critical damage)? Permanent Shadow power FTF.
Edited by DrSuperGood#1327 on 1/2/2013 6:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Why people complain about the random numbers he got there just for the example instead of commenting on the idea? It's pretty obvious it'd take LONG just to get some feasible values, then another hella time just to test those values

I really liked OPs idea, though I'd prefer only 5 or so gems with very different effects ( like diamond and demon heart instead of jade and jasper)
Reply Quote
Bump it
Reply Quote
Seems like something very simple to program and add. I just wish the devs were more adamant about making a fantastic game.
Reply Quote
If you're playing with the idea of gem improvements, how about adding different gem effects to offhands? You've already done a great job, why limit yourself in that area?
Reply Quote
Have them drop as perfect squares, so they cost gold and books to bring to max stats. Gold sinks are good.
Reply Quote
+1 Blizz take this idea seriously¡¡
Reply Quote
They should have a special attribute for shield again like in D2. Perhaps they are more interesting then, for example "Cannot be frozen". ;)
Reply Quote
Somthing like this could add tons of fun varity in class builds :D

I sure hope this happens, really great idea
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Dolla
Disclaimer: I do not work for Blizzard.

We could figure this part out given that you made a post that wasn't filled with broken promises.

And so many people would actually like it.
Reply Quote
+1
But the bad thing is, they probably won't implement this until expansion
Reply Quote
+1, I want more than 4 style of gems

would be nice to get more diversity
Reply Quote
great Ideas but i think they are way to powerful
Reply Quote
people should slow down and quit jumping on the TC. his idea on the gem system is spot on.

Of course all these ideas would have to go throught the ringer of testing and balance, that isnt his point.

as it is now, Gems are boring and besides whatever main stat you use and Crit they are worthless.

a little tweaking is needed.
Reply Quote
They still need some tinkering but i like the idea behind it all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]