Diablo® III

Gem Concepts for 1.10

In 1.10, it may be difficult for blizzard to consider the addition of a whole new set of gems.

However, they may consider "upgrades" of current gems.

I.e. the current gems at their highest item levels are 66. Blizzard may introduce 67, 68, 69 and/or 70.

These "Ultimate" versions of the gems can be crafted when a player acquires the legendary designs from the uber bosses. (Drop Chance shall be subject to Blizzard but will likely follow MP level %). Both the designs and gems are likely to be bind to account.

To craft the gems, you will need 3x Radiant Star quality of the same gem, 1 million gold per cut and 100 tomes of secret.

I imagine variations of the current gems would look something like this if they were to consider upgrades, and without destroying the economy:

1. Ultimate Amethyst -
Helm +20% to Life, Armour and All Resistances
Weapon +5% Chance on hit to apply a "stackable" Vampiric Aura to yourself and your party members for 10 seconds in 40 yards. Heroes affected by vampiric aura gain a 1% lifesteal bonus. This effect is limited to 2 stacks per player in a party and up to a total of 8 stacks for 8% bonus lifesteal.
Other +100 Vit

2. Ultimate Emerald -
Helm +100% Gold from Monsters
Weapon +10% Chance on hit to apply a "stackable" Truestrike Aura to yourself and your party members for 10 seconds in 40 yards. Heroes affected by Truestrike Aura gain 25% more damage. This effect is limited to 2 stacks per player in a party and up to a total of 8 stacks for 200% more damage.
Other +100 Dex

3. Ultimate Ruby -
Helm +2% to all stats (Primary, Vit, Offstats, Resistance, Armour, Attack Speed, Crit Chance - the whole shebang)
Weapon +5% Chance on hit to apply Mortal Wound that lasts for 10 seconds. Heroes affected by Mortal Wound receive up to 100% less healing (based on proc coefficient of ability which triggered the Mortal Wound. (This effect reduces LOH and Lifesteal effects of Heroes, the magnitude of the effect is determined by the highest proc coefficient ability which triggered the effect rather than the duration of the effect)
Other +100 Strength

4. Ultimate Topaz -
Helm +10% chance for monsters to drop an additional item on kill
Weapon +5% Chance on hit to apply Reflective Shielding on yourself for 10 seconds. Reflecting Shielding reflects up to 100% of all damage dealt to you to the attacker (based on proc coefficient of ability which triggered the Reflective Shielding).
Other +100 Intelligence

Hopefully, something along these lines may also add pvp balance into the game...
Reply Quote
I'd like to see a gem add life steal to a weapon, we already have one for LOH why would they stop there and not make one for life steal...
Reply Quote
I'd love to see skulls and diamonds in D3. I think the following properties would make them attractive options without being too OP.

Skulls
    Helms: 420 LoH (30/ level)
    Weapons: (3.5% Life Steal (0.25%/ level)
    Armor/ Other: 140 Armor (10/ level)

Diamonds
    Helms: 10% Dodge Chance (0.5%/ level starting at 3.5%)
    Weapons: 14% Attack Speed (1%/ level)
    Armor/ Other: 14 All Resist (1/level)

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
*snip* Gimme like a Vibrating Cockring of Hate that falls out of Cydaea when you kill her (from Azmodan -- there's a "terrifying image") and gives 50% Chance to Fear! :D

add nightmarish to it - ha ha

like the idea. Please, Blizzard, rework the gem chapter. And please pick up the idea of gem drops in specific places.
Reply Quote
I don't like the idea of those being basically the radiant star version, since they will probably never drop (unless you make those boss specific and have lower versions drop all around), because it'll cost obscene gold/time to get the big gems. (Also, aren't some of those guys event specific? That'd suck even more!) Just have normal guys drop up to Flawless Square (as the "big one"), but bosses (current "only droppers") can drop up to Perfect Star. (Though for the Whimsyshire one, maybe all the elites count as "main droppers", but only Whimsyshire should be able to drop it, yeah.)

Overall I like it ...but I think some things are a tad strong. (And...I think we should stick to 63 being the highest level anything. Technically even MP10 Ubers are still level 63, aren't they?)

Instead of Random Attribute, why not make it All Primary Attributes? Granted you'd have to lower it to 50 or 80, but I like "All Attributes" much better than just "Random".
Also, maybe Demon Heart could give weapon bonus damage to bosses instead of crit chance. (100% crit damage in almost every case is going to be used more than 10% crit chance.)
10% lifesteal seems a little OP (especially since you can get 2 of them), maybe maxing at 5.00%? (Decimals give the impression that weaker gems would have partial %s, which they would kinda need...)
Guaranteed Knockback on hit? (Would be seriously op in a windforce...)
500 life/second also seems a bit strong.
I think 500 armor is also a bit too strong...especially in an Other slot. You can get like 9 or so gems in that category socket, meaning some people would double their armor with that. (67% reduction to ~80% reduction doesn't sound like a mega jump, but it's still ~30% damage reduction.)
Diamond giving only Arcane/Holy reduction in Other slot feels useless....(unless you're a Monk with OWE, in which case, it's beyond OP. Put that into every socket you can, that's like, +800 all res!)

Were some of my thoughts anyway.
Edited by Sandman366#1292 on 1/4/2013 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
end game/highest gem - when gem is slot to a weapon or gear, it will not be unslot.
my thought here is to have/ gather a set of gear and weapon in different scenario/type of game like pvp or pve set.
well this is a good side for blizz cause more set means more rmah/gah purchase

comment is appreciated
Edited by elkarera#6933 on 1/4/2013 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
+1000
Reply Quote
i want :o
Reply Quote
Free bumb for awsome idea implent it now! +1
Reply Quote
Not sure I'm digging the rest though, but I like the Diamond and Skull idea, a little nostalgia from DII.

Though, I think Diamond and Skull would work (if inline with a theme and assuming this is at the Radiant Star level, that is) better if they are:

Diamond
Helm: +50 All Resistance
Weapon: Increases Damage Against Elites by 5%
Other: +5% Armor

Skull
Helm: +500 Life Regeneration
Weapon: +5% Life Steal
Other: +100 Life on Hit

agree, i think bone and demon heart are also good, but i think knockback on hit have to be changed, maybe to "5% chance to stun for 5 seconds"

and i think the gems should have different set of effects on off-hand items too
and of coz there should be more sockets available, 3 sockets on 1-hand weapon and 6 on 2-hand
Reply Quote

and of coz there should be more sockets available, 3 sockets on 1-hand weapon and 6 on 2-hand

Pretty much the only thing that can roll 2 sockets is Manticore, any more and everyone would get "unbalanced" crit damage. (Imagine a Skorn with 6 sockets. ~200% CHD & ANY LS with base DPS at 1k would faceroll MP6 with only 50% crit chance, even with only 1k primary stat. 800% CHD, from weapon alone!)
Reply Quote
screw skull LS on weapon, Skull 1% LS on chest armor
Reply Quote
I am for anything that will bring about more diversification in the builds... i think the new gems would be bettter suited for bonuses in the items that don't get anything other than base i.e. rings/ammys etc...
Reply Quote

Pretty much the only thing that can roll 2 sockets is Manticore, any more and everyone would get "unbalanced" crit damage. (Imagine a Skorn with 6 sockets. ~200% CHD & ANY LS with base DPS at 1k would faceroll MP6 with only 50% crit chance, even with only 1k primary stat. 800% CHD, from weapon alone!)

I still think twohand weapons should have a chance to roll two sockets. After all you trade a lot for using a twohand weapon and they dont offer you more DPS then onehand weapons. Every top barb is dual wield for example ...
Reply Quote
id be happy if they just remade current gems to be more desirable in certain slots. Like who puts a topaz in a wep, nobody. Remake some gems so its a tough choice between one or the other. Or add a crap ton of new one, i just want some more choices.
Reply Quote
There you go blizzard- more fans doing your work for you!

Amazing ideas for gems, this would add an endgame to d3 by hunting bosses for them to drop!!!
Reply Quote
good post if only blizzard reads it
Reply Quote
Epic suggestions!
Reply Quote
I like the suggestions, some are a little OP but still good what do you guys think about auras? (i didn't play D2 so i don't know if it had it)
Auras are so nice :D
Reply Quote
Those life regen gems... with all 7 of them I could easily reach 6000 life regen. Totally badass - full hp in ten seconds + 10% LS on wep and some LOH... PvP terror :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]