Diablo® III

TAL RASHA - THE UNDERDOG BARB CHESTPIECE

01/03/2013 01:29 PMPosted by MASKOAA
In terms of DPS I think a Tyrael's Might (15/4 roll) beats all. The demon dmg stacks if the elite/uber is a demon so thats 19 percent increase of your current DPS.

Maybe in regard to demons/elites, but not so sure (haven't done the calcs). I've done calculations comparing the max str. roll on an IK's chest, and Tal Rasha's increase in DPS is still superior.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 01:32 PMPosted by WOLF
and Tal Rasha's increase in DPS is still superior.

agreed.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
I'd like to see how much faster you throw compared to myself in-game if you have the free time at some point. working on a throw build myself.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 01:32 PMPosted by WOLF
In terms of DPS I think a Tyrael's Might (15/4 roll) beats all. The demon dmg stacks if the elite/uber is a demon so thats 19 percent increase of your current DPS.

Maybe in regard to demons/elites, but not so sure (haven't done the calcs). I've done calculations comparing the max str. roll on an IK's chest, and Tal Rasha's increase in DPS is still superior.

9ias is not = to 19% dps increase.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 02:35 PMPosted by MASKOAA

9ias is not = to 19% dps increase.

Not every enemy is a demon...
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
'd like to see how much faster you throw compared to myself in-game if you have the free time at some point. working on a throw build myself.

sure
Reply Quote
Love to see nerds to compare stats over 2 totally diff leg, In paper dps that you are saying, the more atksp u have means the lower dps u deal. Losing that paper dps by 9k might not make a whole lot of diff, but ur dps is severe lowered by alot since u re having more atksp also. unless you are trying to make another breakpoint of ww, otherwise you are doing it wrong. and btw using ik chest is not for offensive purposes , it's for defensive purposes. Also if u can use killing spree from ik instead of crushing advance from tal rasha, thats a big dps buff for your farming. unless you re doing mp1 , and u dont care about dps, then you re not a good player :)
Only situation is that you are not a ww barb, then otherwise you re doing it wrong.
Edited by Vincecomen#1906 on 1/3/2013 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
harsh but very solid criticism. Thanks.
Reply Quote

Tal Rasha:
+ looks cool

what... Tal Rasha's looks like a simple scrap of leather IMO; I like the look of IK better:
http://i.imgur.com/wO44L.jpg

I can see Tal Rasha's being somewhat useful if you need to hit a IAS breakpoint and have a nice AR/vit one (I like to prioritize vit over str on chest and pants as it can roll higher than any other stat on these slots).

You're fooling yourself with the "I have enough crit to not use killing spree rune on overpower" argument though- that's like saying you have "enough" damage... you can always go for more.
Reply Quote
Love to see nerds to compare stats over 2 totally diff leg, In paper dps that you are saying, the more atksp u have means the lower dps u deal. Losing that paper dps by 9k might not make a whole lot of diff, but ur dps is severe lowered by alot since u re having more atksp also. unless you are trying to make another breakpoint of ww, otherwise you are doing it wrong. and btw using ik chest is not for offensive purposes , it's for defensive purposes. Also if u can use killing spree from ik instead of crushing advance from tal rasha, thats a big dps buff for your farming. unless you re doing mp1 , and u dont care about dps, then you re not a good player :)
Only situation is that you are not a ww barb, then otherwise you re doing it wrong.

+1. Unless you are trying to hit WW IAS breakpoints, IK Chest > Tal Chest. A good Tal Chest would give more DPS, but the survivability impact is far too much for the 4-5k DPS increase.
Reply Quote
+1. Unless you are trying to hit WW IAS breakpoints, IK Chest > Tal Chest. A good Tal Chest would give more DPS, but the survivability impact is far too much for the 4-5k DPS increase.

what if your Tal Chest has 70+ resists and decent 90's strength with 80's vit?
And you still get 2pc IK bonus from well-rolled IK gloves+boot?

In that situation, the only survivability impact is around 400 armor.

I agree with the previous feedback about the DPS being misrepresentative of actual per-hit damage.
Reply Quote
Your sacrificing roughly 100 str, 200 vit for 9% ias?
Also your forced to use Ik boots, Which are 2nd to Bis under Ice climbers. Your gloves are quite nice though.
Imo I dont think Tals chest is worth it even if you are reaching the next breakpoint. What are you trying to do hit the 3.00 Aps breakpoint? If you havent allready that is a ton of Ias you got there. Very Interesting, it may be the easiest way to reach that breakpoint though.
Reply Quote
speaking of chest pieces.. i was looking for a cheap alternative also..

i was wearing Tyrael's.. but swapped it out for Blackthorns Surcoat.. im no math head but seems to me only about 400 armor difference from an iks... plus as a bonus i get more vit from the 2set as im wearing the legs also..

feel free to slap me silly if im missing something here?
Reply Quote
Also your forced to use Ik boots, Which are 2nd to Bis under Ice climbers. Your gloves are quite nice though.
Imo I dont think Tals chest is worth it even if you are reaching the next breakpoint. What are you trying to do hit the 3.00 Aps breakpoint? If you havent allready that is a ton of Ias you got there. Very Interesting, it may be the easiest way to reach that breakpoint though.

Sigh. I was just trying something different. I'm sad that it didn't work out.
I have a reasonable IK chest and pretty good Ice Climbers. But all of your suggestions are solid. Basically, I'm better off with IK chest + Ice Climbers.
Reply Quote

There is no 3.00 APS Breakpoint.

Also Castablance you can drop 10 IAS and still be in the same breakpoint for WW Spec.
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 1/3/2013 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is no 3.00 APS Breakpoint.

Also Castablance you can drop 10 IAS and still be in the same breakpoint for WW Spec.

Thanks for that tip and clarification.

Now, I'm considering going a different setup that could utilize Tal chest:
Dropping Witching Hour for IK belt still lets me use Ice Climbers.
I can reach 9% lifesteal and get 70+ more resistances.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]