Diablo® III

TAL RASHA - THE UNDERDOG BARB CHESTPIECE

View profile
01/03/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Morph
i was wearing Tyrael's.. but swapped it out for Blackthorns Surcoat.. im no math head but seems to me only about 400 armor difference from an iks... plus as a bonus i get more vit from the 2set as im wearing the legs also..

that's a good setup if you don't rely on Inna's Temp for the AS and movement.
Reply Quote
Yeah never payed attention to anything after the 2.86 Bp since its considerably hard to reach for. Its the 3.33 Bp after that which I dont see many people reaching beside this Op here btw what is your buffed Aps?
Reply Quote
There is no 3.00 APS Breakpoint.

Also Castablance you can drop 10 IAS and still be in the same breakpoint for WW Spec.

Thanks for that tip and clarification.

Now, I'm considering going a different setup that could utilize Tal chest:
Dropping Witching Hour for IK belt still lets me use Ice Climbers.
I can reach 9% lifesteal and get 70+ more resistances.

I run 6% LS and can do MP10 Ubers maybe you could drop the AS from your glove and get a better rolled CC/CD one? You would also be giving up CD on the belt thats why I say you should keep it.
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 1/3/2013 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
With Wrath mode on: (mainhand/offhand)
With Tal chest:
3.05/3.57 = 30 ticks / 36 ticks
With IK chest:
2.97/3.35 = 30 ticks / 36 ticks

WW breakpoint:
2.85715-3.33333 aps - 6 frames per tick - 10.0 ticks per second - 30 ticks
3.33334-4.00000 aps - 5 frames per tick - 12.0 ticks per second - 36 ticks

Basically, you guys are right. Even with Tal Chest, I cannot increase my breakpoint.
My mainhand (echo) in either case is less than 3.33.
My offhand (sword) in either case is less than 4.00.
Edited by Castablanca#1545 on 1/3/2013 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yup same breakpoint
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 01:29 PMPosted by MASKOAA
In terms of DPS I think a Tyrael's Might (15/4 roll) beats all. The demon dmg stacks if the elite/uber is a demon so thats 19 percent increase of your current DPS.

Only against demon, even non demon elite it's far worse, and on normal undead/beast trash it's useless. I have a very good 14/4, but I almost never use it, even for uber the IK just give waaaay too much defense and health.
Reply Quote
i was wearing Tyrael's.. but swapped it out for Blackthorns Surcoat.. im no math head but seems to me only about 400 armor difference from an iks... plus as a bonus i get more vit from the 2set as im wearing the legs also..

that's a good setup if you don't rely on Inna's Temp for the AS and movement.

@Morph and get another blackthorn piece for the set bonus. I would recomend your surcoat, but you lose MS.. will have to find it somewhere else.

edit: just looked at your profile and didnt noticed you already done that. my bad >.<
Edited by rigon#1733 on 1/3/2013 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Tal's chest is poo. It's nowhere near BIS for a well geared barb. Maybe if you have no other IAS on your gear, or have ridiculously high str already, it could beat an IK chest for dps.

Inna pants vs. rares is already debatable with rares usually winning unless you need that move speed. Tal's chest doesn't have move speed or the 1% crit. If Tal's had move speed, it might be a viable option. But really, your 2 piece IK should have the chest as one of the two.

Casta, when you say you lost 8k dps, did you check to see how much dps you lost when fully buffed? I'd wager it was considerably more than 8K. What % of your overall, fully buffed damage was lost?

Thing I notice with Inna pants vs my rares -- unbuffed, Inna's give about 10k damage. When I buff up with WotB, I still am gaining just ~10k from Inna's vs. rares. So as a % to overal damage, they really aren't that amazing. I suspect similar results with a Tal chest.

This is true for any IAS when you use WotB. The buff gives 25% ias. That plus the 15% ias from Dual wield ... that bonus IAS gets watered down quite a bit. Strength, avg damage, and critical hit damage don't lose their % overall dps increase like IAS and CC do.
Reply Quote
View profile
Casta, when you say you lost 8k dps, did you check to see how much dps you lost when fully buffed? I'd wager it was considerably more than 8K. What % of your overall, fully buffed damage was lost?

right on target!
You are exactly right:
8k dps lost is unbuffed.
10k dps lost after battle-rage.
11k dps lost after wrath.

that bonus IAS gets watered down quite a bit. Strength, avg damage, and critical hit damage don't lose their % overall dps increase like IAS and CC do.

Very well said. +1
Reply Quote
IAS doesnt get watered down....its a constant...Crit dmg relies on a crit happening. If your hitting a breakpoint by 1 ias in WOTB then no you have exaclty the amount you need there is no watering down.
Reply Quote
Hi guys, never owned an ik chest, but got my tals for 165m as i like to frenzy on high mp, have no knowledge of ww ticks tho so idc, how to calculate ticks?
Edited by ikigai#6463 on 1/3/2013 8:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/03/2013 08:18 PMPosted by ikigai
Hi guys, never owned an ik chest, but got my tals for 165m as i like to frenzy on high mp, have no knowledge of ww ticks tho so idc, how to calculate ticks?

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65086292&f=142
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 08:18 PMPosted by ikigai

Either you overpaid or I got a great deal 70mil. I noticed since the bot ban they are really dry though and gone up in price.
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Castablanca

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65086292&f=142

wow that's some awesome reading there. thanks for sharing.
Reply Quote
I use Tal Rash over Inna's Pants so I don't have to wear baby blue. My pants have pretty good stat stick as does my offhand so I can get away with it. I run MP10 ubers fine just turn on bloodthirst, animosity is for low MP.

NO BLUE BARB CREW
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8965/capturezru.jpg

Didnt know tal looks that nice. Looks brown & flurry. Like a bear.
Reply Quote
View profile

Your Blackthorne fem barb is sexier.
Reply Quote

Your Blackthorne fem barb is sexier.

Thanx. You are the 3rd person to said that. =)
Sleeveless with half cleavage. Too bad a bit pump. =p
Reply Quote
View profile
01/03/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Horngyuh80
Too bad a bit pump.

Jynx Maze
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]