Diablo® III

TAL RASHA - THE UNDERDOG BARB CHESTPIECE

^
Reply Quote
@Castablanca

You already know how I feel about the Tal Rasha chest.

I'd like to put your focus back on a very powerful reason for equipping it....STUNLOCK.
While we were crushing mp8 ubers earlier tonight, I was in awe at how fast that hammer was launching. Who cares about 11k dps when your opponent has been shut down so hard they can't even blink let alone launch a successful attack. I didn't check to see if you had it equipped during the run and can only imagine how fast that hammer moves with an additional 9ias.
I really don't see you having any survivability issues...I'm holding together quite nicely and have no where near your sustain.

(On a side note--if we can get the same crew together I wouldn't mind trying out mp10 ubers...4 man party is as tough as it gets.) Cheers.
Reply Quote
I'd like to put your focus back on a very powerful reason for equipping it....STUNLOCK.

That was my main reason for getting more IAS.
But the others on the thread pointed out the major flaw: conservation of mass (...conservation of dps).

If you have the same DPS, but faster attack speed, the per hit damage will be lower.
If you have the same DPS, but slower attack speed, the per hit damage will be higher.
Now, if you have LESS DPS, AND FASTER attack speed, the per hit damage will be EVEN lower.

Using Tal Rasha's means that I must use IK boots.
And, that is where my major dps drop is. Ice Climbers provides so much more strength than IK boots.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Using Tal Rasha's means that I must use IK boots.
And, that is where my major dps drop is. Ice Climbers provides so much more strength than IK boots.

Or you could have used an IK belt and picked up a high cd/os EF since you didn't need the witching hour to hit the breakpoint. Probably a long way to go for an experiment tho. But I'm a sucker for a gimmicky build so you inspired me to pick one up for a couple mil while I save up for a real IK chest, mempo and lacunis, lol.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 08:57 AMPosted by Taco5
Or you could have used an IK belt and picked up a high cd/os EF

I need the Attack Speed from Witching Hour.

At this point, I'm not trying to reach breakpoints.... I'm just trying to max out my attack speed period.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Garthandal
Like I was sayin' last night, Ive done mp10 ubers with a lesser geared party of barbs and it just takes longer is all, I don't think we would even have to refresh stacks for the last battle, it was a good crew.

xoxoxoxo
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
UPDATE:
Thanks to Bloodyzub who convinced me to go back to Tal's... happier and more glass-cannon than ever.
Screw IK set bonus.
Reply Quote
Not a single set bonus on me now.
how do i like em apples?
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]