Diablo® III

TAL RASHA - THE UNDERDOG BARB CHESTPIECE

This game involves many stats and attributes but it seems that you think the name of this game is D-ias-blo 3. To give you my 2%, maybe you can consider the following:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3343/iasboots.jpg
Reply Quote
View profile
IMO, Tal-Rasha is a pretty bad chest for barbarians. Yes, you can get IAS in a slot that normally can't roll it, but it will cost you 200+ VIT and almost 100 str (compared to an end game chest). You'd have to get VIT in places that it's very expensive to do so, just so you can compensate for a subpar chest.

Gearing for WW isn't just about getting stats, it's about getting stats in the most efficient way. For a chest piece, this means getting as much STR/VIT as possible (especially VIT).

Seems to me you're just stacking IAS to stack IAS, so rationalize it however you want, I guess.
Reply Quote
I forgot everyone has a 280vit/190STR Ik chest.
Reply Quote
I think Tal Rasha has a sweet spot where it is better for many barbs than the "starter" IK chests around 10-20m (around 150 vit/80 str for Tal Rasha where IK Chest will be like 140-180str/40-80vit) if it helps you reach a breakpoint. At the other end of the spectrum I've seen it as part of some of the "best of" profiles of gear which already have enough survivability from other pieces and so the ias is used to reach extreme breakpoints along with ias on every other piece of gear (witching hour, zunimassa's journey, inna's temperance, etc).
Edited by EMChamp#1274 on 1/8/2013 4:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
01/08/2013 04:21 AMPosted by EMChamp
I think Tal Rasha has a sweet spot where it is better for many barbs than the "starter" IK chests around 10-20m (around 150 vit/80 str for Tal Rasha where IK Chest will be like 140-180str/40-80vit) if it helps you reach a breakpoint. At the other end of the spectrum I've seen it as part of some of the "best of" profiles of gear which already have enough survivability from other pieces and so the ias is used to reach extreme breakpoints along with ias on every other piece of gear (witching hour, zunimassa's journey, inna's temperance, etc).

My Tal Rasha's chest is comparable to a little more than just 20m IK chest man!!
80's Strength + 80's Vit + 70's Resists + 9AS. c'mon now.
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
@Castablanca

Hey man, sorry to get off topic, but was wondering how you like the OP/CA. I'm going to switch out WC/IMP tonight to see if it reduces more dmg...from the looks of it (35%) seems unbeatable....when I tried OP/KS the cooldown was near instantaneous so i'm pretty sure i can keep it up with my CC. I'm thinking about making some gear changes that involve lowering my all res for more atk spd/vit but need to offset the all res loss for my sustain. Your thoughts are welcomed (and that was an awesome exp run BTW..almost to 67 after that little jog through the park).

ON TOPIC---Tal Rasha ROCKS.
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Castablanca

My Tal Rasha's chest is comparable to a little more than just 20m IK chest man!!
80's Strength + 80's Vit + 70's Resists + 9AS. c'mon now.

Broham, where in that quote did I compare your GG Tal Rasha Chest to a lowly entry level 10-20m IK Chest. I was comparing Tal Rasha Chests that were also in that 10-20m price range to the 10-20m price range IK Chests.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/08/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Bloodyzbub
was wondering how you like the OP/CA. I'm going to switch out WC/IMP tonight to see if it reduces more dmg...from the looks of it (35%) seems unbeatable..

Crushing Advance is 100x better than War Cry Impunity.
With stacked attack speed and respectable crit chance, you can perma 35% damage reduction. Basically, it's our perma-Gloom. It also lets me sacrifice on resists to survive on higher MPs.

I also suspect that in PvP, Crushing Advance will turn us into Reflect Mobs.
Reply Quote
View profile
Broham, where in that quote did I compare your GG Tal Rasha Chest to a lowly entry level 10-20m IK Chest. I was comparing Tal Rasha Chests that were also in that 10-20m price range to the 10-20m price range IK Chests.

My bad :-)
I just like getting attention ;) .......(baiting for a compliment)
Edited by Castablanca#1545 on 1/8/2013 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Castablanca

Thanks man...definitely going to give it a whirl tonight...gonna be some crazy experimentation with the gear too. Cheers.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Castablanca
No more bumps. Sorry guys!

01/06/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Castablanca
legacy bump

01/06/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Castablanca
^

01/07/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Castablanca
^

01/07/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Castablanca
^

-.-

sigh nvm
Reply Quote
View profile
01/08/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Aracknid
sigh nvm

kiss kiss
xoxox
muah
Reply Quote
View profile
01/08/2013 04:11 AMPosted by MASKOAA
I forgot everyone has a 280vit/190STR Ik chest.

If you're able to wear a chest/legs with low VIT then you're either geared to the teeth or you're getting VIT on pieces you shouldn't be.

It's pretty obvious that getting a Tal-Rasha's isn't worth it if you have to gimp dps pieces just to compensate for your chest. So I'm assuming we're talking about endgame barbs here, not your mid tier builds.

I mean, people already do kind of the same thing with Inna's, but at least Inna's also gives you run speed and frees you up to use Ice Climbers... which can have a ton of HP on them (if you buy some nice ones).

I just don't see a reason to ever use Tal-Rasha's. It's just too easy to get IAS on other slots without gimping yourself... and if you decide you can take the hit to your HP, Inna's is a better deal, especially since there's not much in the way of good legendary pants, and the only set bonus you'd be out of would be blackthorne's.

IMO, it's just too big of a trade off. I'm not a fan of Inna's for most barbs either, but at least when you hit the gear level to support them without having to get VIT all over your jewelry and stuff you get more out of them than Tal-Rasha's.
Reply Quote
View profile
I just don't see a reason to ever use Tal-Rasha's. It's just too easy to get IAS on other slots without gimping yourself... and if you decide you can take the hit to your HP, Inna's is a better deal, especially since there's not much in the way of good legendary pants, and the only set bonus you'd be out of would be blackthorne's.

I agree with you for the most part.
However, I'm going for stacked attack speed (I don't even care about WW breakpoints).
The reason being, I want weapon throw spam to be as fast as possible for stun-locking purposes.
Reply Quote
Got some Zuni Journeys for my farm gear since my Hellfire didn't have the attack speed for breakpoint.....They add a ton of dmg since I have a Black Weapon.
Reply Quote
My Barb has over 500 all res / 60k life and can do MP10 Ubers with Tal Rash. Also I use a Mighty and go against the cool Echo Crowd.(Profile shows farm gear)
Reply Quote
View profile
Is there a reason you keep bumping this? Tal's chest is not a good idea for a barb, you have to sacrifice too much to use it. No barb that is really serious is going to wear one of them. Please stop bumping this thread........or do you just have a bunch of them on AH that you're trying to push?

Castablanca, your barb exemplifies why this is a terrible idea for a barb. Your resists are terrible, HP is very low, armor is lacking and your EHP is really just a joke. Please put this terrible idea to rest now.

My precious thread, rest in peace. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]