Diablo® III

TAL RASHA - THE UNDERDOG BARB CHESTPIECE

@Castablanca

that's one ugly barb :p
Reply Quote
Thats ironic. The first things the OP needs are AR and vit and so the next best upgrade is to replace the Ral Rasha with a well rolled IK chest. The rest of his gear are actually very good.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/10/2013 07:53 PMPosted by yuench
Thats ironic. The first things the OP needs are AR and vit and so the next best upgrade is to replace the Ral Rasha with a well rolled IK chest. The rest of his gear are actually very good.

I have a top-rolled IK chest that I'm trying to sell on the RMAH.
I prefer Tal Rasha, pig-headedly.
Reply Quote
LOL.

Hey Castablanca, I'd bet a million coin that yuench has never watched you stun lock an uber. You don't need a boatload of all res & vit when the enemy is hibernating. Cheers.
Reply Quote
Is there a reason you keep bumping this? Tal's chest is not a good idea for a barb, you have to sacrifice too much to use it. No barb that is really serious is going to wear one of them. Please stop bumping this thread........or do you just have a bunch of them on AH that you're trying to push?

Castablanca, your barb exemplifies why this is a terrible idea for a barb. Your resists are terrible, HP is very low, armor is lacking and your EHP is really just a joke. Please put this terrible idea to rest now.

I've farmed MP10 with Castablanca...our Tal Rasha's work just fine. I've ran 4man über parties with Castablanca on mp8 (maybe mp9...cant remember)and know that neither one of us required resurrection...our Tal Rasha's work just fine. He's a wep throw barb and I'm the traditional WW barb...we both wear Tal Rasha' (mine is armor rich, his has all res)...2 different styles of slaughter utilizing a chest with atk spd...and they both work VERY well.

No one is knocking IK chest, they are an excellent item. I think this is a great thread as it informs people of alternative builds. I haven't had the pleasure of twirling around with MASKOAA, but from the looks of his barb he gladly takes all comers and that's awesome because his build is different than mine and different from Castablancas....3 viable builds using Tal Rasha and that's just from a glance...I'm sure there are plenty more and would love to see them. Cheers.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/14/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Bloodyzbub
No one is knocking IK chest, they are an excellent item. I think this is a great thread as it informs people of alternative builds. I haven't had the pleasure of twirling around with MASKOAA, but from the looks of his barb he gladly takes all comers and that's awesome because his build is different than mine and different from Castablancas....3 viable builds using Tal Rasha and that's just from a glance...I'm sure there are plenty more and would love to see them. Cheers.

thanks!
Reply Quote
RockSalt

I think if a player is going to use a 2h, then Tal's chest piece is definitely a big concideration.

After all just go to the AH and use 'strength' to search for those pieces. They add a conciderable cost to a fairly cheap high level set item.

It is popular because there is a demand, that's a fact. How much statistically anyone can expect from that chest armor, I dunno.
--—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***A 2h using TR chest*** that's 4 completely different builds.
Edited by Bloodyzbub#1683 on 1/14/2013 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Tal's armour is really meant for end-game barbs. I recently tried using Tal's to hit the RLTW 2.00 APS breakpt mark with Skorn and surprisingly the DPS was actually very good (2.45 mn tDPS). Maintaining WoTB using Skorn even vs 1 target is no issue.

Overall I am quite impressed with the chestpiece. That said, most barbs would not find this viable unless they have godly gear due to how good IK armour is.
Reply Quote
Tal's armour is really meant for end-game barbs. I recently tried using Tal's to hit the RLTW 2.00 APS breakpt mark with Skorn and surprisingly the DPS was actually very good (2.45 mn tDPS). Maintaining WoTB using Skorn even vs 1 target is no issue.

Overall I am quite impressed with the chestpiece. That said, most barbs would not find this viable unless they have godly gear due to how good IK armour is.

Yeah, I think Tal's is only really feasible if all your other gear is excellent already... most people do not have the beastly rolled inna, lacuni, and ice climbers you need to pull this off properly. Instead, they lean on IK chest/belt (like me) to satisfy EHP and have budget versions of lacuni/inna's.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah, I think Tal's is only really feasible if all your other gear is excellent already... most people do not have the beastly rolled inna, lacuni, and ice climbers you need to pull this off properly. Instead, they lean on IK chest/belt (like me) to satisfy EHP and have budget versions of lacuni/inna's.

Crushing advance gives you some leniency. I can farm MP10 with my pitiful EHP because I can spam Crushing advance. Every bit of attack speed helps you perma-crushing advance.
Reply Quote
Very nice weapon throw build. The SOJ and the Witching Hours are so good.
Why don't you use the 300 spear for your off hand ? The 50% increased damage from it is huge.
I'm a fan of weapon throw barb too. Can I add you friend so we could throw axes at monster heads sometime ? Not sure I can keep up with your dps :)
By the way, you will laugh your !@# off when you see how my barb look like. I screwed up that cosmetic part, lol
Reply Quote
I made it work....and I love how it blends with Viles.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm not sure I understand why it's considered an "underdog" piece. What I see are big budget barbs that either have trifecta everywhere or subbing this instead of Inna's pants.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 05:03 PMPosted by DAKKON
I recently tried using Tal's to hit the RLTW 2.00 APS breakpt mark with Skorn and surprisingly the DPS was actually very good (2.45 mn tDPS). Maintaining WoTB using Skorn even vs 1 target is no issue.

That's insane...doesn't it make you feel squishy, though?

Edit- see that you subbed in bloodthirst.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 1/14/2013 11:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Very nice weapon throw build. The SOJ and the Witching Hours are so good.
Why don't you use the 300 spear for your off hand ? The 50% increased damage from it is huge.
I'm a fan of weapon throw barb too. Can I add you friend so we could throw axes at monster heads sometime ? Not sure I can keep up with your dps :)
By the way, you will laugh your !@# off when you see how my barb look like. I screwed up that cosmetic part, lol

of course you can add me as friend.
although you just caught me in the act of selling all my barb gear. I'm switching back to demon hunter. This all depends if I sell my barb gear on auction house. (I aggressively priced them). If they don't sell, then I guess you'll get to see my playstyle.
Reply Quote
So apperently 1 of 3 things happened.

Either

1. My Websites bugged and doesn't show any of his items.

2. Casta got hacked and they took everything withint the 50 minutes of his post.

3. or 3 he's decided to quit playing and liquidated all of his stuff.\

Huh.
Reply Quote
4. account got banned as a result of his using illegal gold to buy items.
Reply Quote
Na his items would still be there. he coudln't access them though.
Reply Quote
View profile
Guys.
I'm liquidating.
Selling my gears right now.
Edited by Castablanca#1545 on 1/15/2013 11:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Changed my mind.
staying with barb
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]