Diablo® III

Different Approach - Zunamissa

Folks,

I am playing with a Zunamissa's package which gives me a few advantages.

Higher HP - Gained about 15%
Much higher all resist - Got to 695 without really trying
Pretty cheap build - the Boots/Chest/Ring cose 12.5 million without really trying to find deals. I will add a better Pox to get CChance

On the downside, just lost 15K in DPS - bummer. I think with the better Pox that will be cut in a good bit.

Not sure if anyone else is playing with this, but on MP5 it sure makes surviving easy.
Reply Quote
I'm already on that wagon and have been for about a month.... its really a great 3pc set.... looks slick on male dh and ehp is amazing
Reply Quote
Seems to me like all you are doing is trading dex for resistances. Unless I'm mistaken you can get just as much vitality on nats and you can get resists on nats. I do wonder how much of a difference the poison damage would make, especially when using an all black weapon, and I'd like to see the looks since I personally like the look of nats.
Reply Quote
Well vit can't roll 300 on bats I don't think.... 8% on 200k is 16k more damage... does ur extra dex beat that.... and a good rolled reflection won't have as much dex as pox.... honestly there is a trade off... but because Zuni set isn't "dh" I think many put their blinders on
Reply Quote
Well thats cute and all but nat armor can give you dh skill dps bonus and extra disc.
Not to mention 7cc gain. Looks like u gimped your dh for no specific build in mind.
Reply Quote
Nats chest can roll up to 200 dex and 300 vit if you are willing to forgo disc.

Edit: also losing the 7cc from the nat's 2 piece would be annoying for nightstalker. I'll try and run some numbers too to make sure I'm objective.
Edited by skp#1805 on 1/4/2013 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Radelon
Well vit can't roll 300 on bats I don't think.... 8% on 200k is 16k more damage... does ur extra dex beat that.... and a good rolled reflection won't have as much dex as pox.... honestly there is a trade off... but because Zuni set isn't "dh" I think many put their blinders on

Actually I'm sure I'd get more dmg from the 8% than I get from 130 dex. The other trade off is the Zuni boots don't have innate armor and my armor is probably my weakest stat. I think I may take the time to put a Zuni set into a calc and see how it works out. Will someone post a pic so I can see what it looks like?
Reply Quote
I've tried running the best possible rolled zuni's on my spreadsheet And don't see any combination which would allow for an acceptable EHP / DPS "gain" over my nats + innas setup.

It's different, but not even remotely cost effective. You can get a much better setup for less.
Reply Quote
I've tried running the best possible rolled zuni's on my spreadsheet And don't see any combination which would allow for an acceptable EHP / DPS "gain" over my nats + innas setup.

It's different, but not even remotely cost effective. You can get a much better setup for less.

Did you include the 8% poison damage? From my in my head calculations you should gain dps when using a black weapon because the 8% should beat the 130 dex and otherwise it seems like the zuni and nats pieces roll the same amount of overall dex and the rings can roll the same stats.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the discussion.

On my setup - I dropped 10% for a 20% gain in EHP. Note - I was at 144K/440K and not at the truly elite level. I am sure that for folks with serious elite great they might not work out well. I do plan to get a Pox with CC which I think will close the DPS gap some.

In terms of the benefits of Nats vs Zum - I personally have a Mempo, so we are talking CC and Dex vs Int and AR. Disp does not get into the picture. People running 4 Nats would lose that as well of course.

I think one part here is cost. There are thousands of people looking for high Dex/Vit Nats - but not that many people looking for the high Dex Zum. Thats a real advantage in term of us lesser players buying. I know in my case I bought my setup for much less than the Nats cost me.

But sure - it is an EHP vs DPS issue - but I can tell you that for me, 700ish Rest All sure plays well at MP5. I will try higher tonight.
Reply Quote
I'll test when I get home. Not sure if D3UP calculates the poison damage correctly. With my current gear I am already at 496k eHP (677 AR - 4437 Armor - 65k hp) So I do not think I will benefit at all.

But always I always look forward to testing out different specs haha. Especially if there is the possibility of my DH appearing to be barefoot with Zuni boots on!

Can someone confirm this? Is it possible to have a barefoot DH? def will be nerfed.
Reply Quote
+posin% is nice but, can u name good black bow? Calamity? Hope u hav lots of gold to get good one. Btw inna belt gives +elemental also
Reply Quote
Hate be be naive, but what is a black weapon?

Seems like the poison damage should add to my manticore which has poison on it already?

I am still using Inna's Belt/Pants - just replaces the Nat (or, put them in my stash)
Reply Quote

Did you include the 8% poison damage? From my in my head calculations you should gain dps when using a black weapon because the 8% should beat the 130 dex and otherwise it seems like the zuni and nats pieces roll the same amount of overall dex and the rings can roll the same stats.

Yea I included the poison damage. I've done every combo possible and the numbers said 2 piece innas (chest pants) 2 piece nats (ring, boots) with witching hour give me the best DPS/EHP. I'm using a black, physical damage weapon too.

Edit: I should re-run using a higher Dex nats chest though. It just seems like the kind necessary would be out of my price range.

Hate be be naive, but what is a black weapon?
Seems like the poison damage should add to my manticore which has poison on it already?
I am still using Inna's Belt/Pants - just replaces the Nat (or, put them in my stash)

Black weapon means non elemental damage, aka physical. The + elemental % from innas and Zuni only applys to physical damage. The kind you'd find on weapons and jewelry.
Edited by SAlphas#1425 on 1/4/2013 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I found what looked like a decent set of zuni's boots:

320 Armor
+187 Dexterity
+161 Intelligence
+65 Vitality
+62 Resistance to All Elements
+12% Movement Speed
+8% to Poison Damage

and it results in:
-15,111.77 DPS Change
-9,321.14 EHP Change

(it breaks my 2pc nat's 7cc unfortunately). Still I continued on because that dps issue could be made up somewhat if I used a different weapon.

I then looked for a chest and gave up when I couldn't find anything over 100 dex, and then found out it appears that if you want life% along with dex you can't roll vit over 100. I could run it through the numbers but I think it's going to be a big fail vs my inna's (which in theory could match a nat's stats wise, except for the total armor).

At the lower price points it's quite possibly competitive though. But I think at the higher end it just doesn't have enough stats.

Edit: also my nat's boots are pretty far from BiS so that's another strike against it.
Edited by skp#1805 on 1/4/2013 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
The 3 set bonus is basically 68 AR. Might as well just go IK 2 piece if that AR is what you're after. If anything I think I'd rather try the following combo

Nat's Chest/Nat's Ring

Inna Belt/ Inna Pants

Zuni Boots

At high levels the + elemental dmg from zuni should surpass 130 dex bonus from Nat's 3 piece.
Edited by OhHellzNo#1945 on 1/4/2013 6:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Can someone screenshot how it looks on their DH?
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 06:30 PMPosted by TianZi
Can someone screenshot how it looks on their DH?

Maybe if I have time later I'll do a SS but on female DH Zuni armor is almost the same as archon armor (ilvl 63) and Zuni boots look like warlord boots (ilvl 60), both white of course.
Edited by OhHellzNo#1945 on 1/4/2013 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]