Diablo® III

Act 3 Key Not dropping???

Okay, so since the last patch (2-3 days), I've been running Act 3 Keywarden, non-stop when im online. I've done 12 runs on MP4 and 3 runs on MP3, and not a single key has dropped (with 5 stacks everytime). I know each time I do a run i get 40% chance for MP4 and 30% for MP3, but the numbers don't lie. I know statistically it is possible for this to happen, but it doesnt seem right. This is getting extremely frustrating. Has anyone else noticed that the drop rate for act 3 might be buggy?
Reply Quote
I got the opposite behavior. I got 1 key and 6 ring parts in a row (7 for 7) in MP4 (8th, no key drop).

It's just luck.
Reply Quote
I got the opposite behavior. I got 1 key and 6 ring parts in a row (7 for 7) in MP4 (8th, no key drop).

It's just luck.

No no no no no. Clearly what happened with you is the game working as intended, and what happened with the OP is a bug. Clearly!

Right, OP?
Reply Quote
I've actually been going through a pretty rough patch with the A2 key. Something like 10 or 11 runs through at mp6 and still nothing.
Reply Quote
I've gotten 20 Act III keys in the last month doing MP2. Probably because I don't even care if I get it. You should try that technique. :)
Reply Quote
View profile
dang seems like the act 3 has caught the act 2 bug!
Reply Quote
OP is on the black list for key drops, good thing he made a post to let us know.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Cerealkiller
dang seems like the act 3 has caught the act 2 bug!

If by bug you mean, peoples stupidity, sure.
Reply Quote
I've been through the run 20-30 times and only gotten the key 3 times on MP0.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 02:19 PMPosted by PsionicSpydr
I've been through the run 20-30 times and only gotten the key 3 times on MP0.

Considering it's a 5% chance on mp0 = 1 key per 20 runs, you're doing well there.
Reply Quote
I ran act3 Key run on MP7 and MP8... took me 5 runs to get a key.... sadly, didn't find any good Legs either... Found a Echoing Fury, but only avg dmg and no socket :(
Reply Quote
Please take sme of mine, i have 21 act3 keys.

I wish i can give you some
Reply Quote
See I get keys ALL the time from the Act 3 warden ( the only one I've recieved several on MP1 as well). I can't get any from the act 1 though. I did 5 MP7 keys runs yesterday and nill, which is just crazy son.
Reply Quote
LOL, love all the random trolls. Basically posted this to see if anyone else was having similar results. Probably could have done that in the General section of the forums but oh well. Looks like I'm just really unlucky with Act 3 this week.
Reply Quote
Yeah, OP. The fact of the matter is, for being a single player game, the systems and philosophies are truly bizarre.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]