Diablo® III

[Information] Monk Guides, Builds & Mechanics

@Weegee... I'm curious... has there been a DPS check thread done with different classes too? I'm curious about how the monk's eDPS multiplicative factor over pDPS (or however you phrase it) compares to other classes. I have this impression that for the monk, it's higher than the rest, but then again, we probably need it since our pDPS tends to roll lower than other classes anyway. Anyway, just curious...

EDIT: First one page 11. Woohoo!

Just a reminder to y'all if you find this thread helpful, make sure you request sticky and do whatever else you can to get this thing stickied! ;)
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 2/11/2013 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Weegee... I'm curious... has there been a DPS check thread done with different classes too? I'm curious about how the monk's eDPS multiplicative factor over pDPS (or however you phrase it) compares to other classes. I have this impression that for the monk, it's higher than the rest, but then again, we probably need it since our pDPS tends to roll lower than other classes anyway. Anyway, just curious...

Just a reminder to y'all if you find this thread helpful, make sure you request sticky and do whatever else you can to get this thing stickied! ;)

Good question! I personally haven't seen it in other sections of the forums, but Frigg has made a very good post on his findings. I'll quote it here:
I have para 30+ characters for all classes and decided to see which ones had the best kill time of Azmodan in MP5 (25,700,000 HP) and which class/build had the greatest multiplier of effective DPS compared to the screen DPS. Here's how they rank:

Ch Sec DPS Actual Mult
WD 39 69,081 658,974 9.54
Monk 39 76,247 658,974 8.64
Barb 34 118,596 755,882 6.37
Wiz 49 104,745 524,490 5.01
DH 77 160,907 333,766 2.07

Witch Doctor is the zero cooldown sacrifice dogs build. Easily the most robust too as you heal 25K for every sacrifice. (100 hours experience in class @ time)

Monk used Won Khim Lau/Echoing Fury and a total 5% Lifesteal between them (100 hours experience in class @ time)

Pretty much standard build for Whirlwind Barb (240 hours experience in class @ time)

Critical Mass Wizard was at 3.01 APS to hit the breakpoint. I died a couple of times as I used the highest DPS version using Shards/Shocking Aspect/Glass Cannon/Cold Blooded. More defensive style the kill time was much longer (1:41) but no deaths. Damage multiplier goes down to 2.4 (230 hours experience in class @ time)

DH - Spike traps and Hungering Arrow. Died a couple of times but I was a little rusty, still... (250 hours experience in class @ time)

I had spent about the same on gear sets at the time I did the test other than the 3 piece zero cooldown set for the WD (about 130m). I've put more into my monk, barb, wiz and wd since then and went with a strafe build for the DH for speed runs.
Reply Quote
View profile
I remember researching that back when his thread was still active daily.

From what I remember 0dogs WDs and HOTA barbs are the only specs that could match or exceed TC+SW builds in terms of the difference in pdps and edps (the modifier). Although with the exploitation of SW and FitL snapshotting, I doubt even those two could compete.
Reply Quote
I remember researching that back when his thread was still active daily.

From what I remember 0dogs WDs and HOTA barbs are the only specs that could match or exceed TC+SW builds in terms of the difference in pdps and edps (the modifier). Although with the exploitation of SW and FitL snapshotting, I doubt even those two could compete.

Hehe well I've brought it back from cryostasis :P
tbh I wouldnt mind a snapshot monk coming forward and giving me their results.. but that can vary greatly depending on the IAS set they have... I feel as if someone on the spreadsheet already has though. O_o
Reply Quote
View profile
I actually tried to be first on the page this time :(
lol
Reply Quote
First weekly email sent. C'mon mods, get your act together.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Weegee
tbh I wouldnt mind a snapshot monk coming forward and giving me their results.. but that can vary greatly depending on the IAS set they have... I feel as if someone on the spreadsheet already has though. O_o

Gone are the days of snapshotting. People using 1.8 gray/white daggers are no more!
Reply Quote

Gone are the days of snapshotting. People using 1.8 gray/white daggers are no more!

YOLO!
Reply Quote
From now on, when I point people at this thread, I am expicitly telling them to request sticky on it. We need this thread at the top of the forums.
Reply Quote
View profile
Why do I feel like I'm annoying... :(

Anyway, thanks for the thumbs up guys! I'm like a copy and paste ninja!

I added CountFury's "new cookie cutter" under the builds section.
The following conversation regarding the build is also an enlightening read for those interested in build synergies and mechanics...
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 03:33 PMPosted by KamelJabber

Aw, Kamel ... everyone loves you. ^_^

Are you gonna be on tonight? You're logged off by the time I am able to log on most nights. Oh ... wait.... :/
Reply Quote
Are you gonna be on tonight..? ;D

:O!!!
Reply Quote
View profile
02/12/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Bane

Aw, Kamel ... everyone loves you. ^_^

Are you gonna be on tonight? You're logged off by the time I am able to log on most nights. Oh ... wait.... :/

xD
Life is catching up with me...i need to get some real world responsibilities taken care of...
I'm bulldozing through last minute items for work, I hope to be on later :D

btw, nice pants :)
Reply Quote
One final bump before I ride off into the sunset. This guide better be stickied by the time I'm back on Easter Sunday!!! :)
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 03:33 PMPosted by KamelJabber

Never!!

Back to page 1 this goes.

If it was stickied, we wouldn't have to keep bumping it back up. Pretty please, with a cherry on top, Blues? :)
Reply Quote
So, which one of these builds is the best for leveling/clear times.
Reply Quote
Tempest Rush seems to be the fastest for XP per hour. I suggest Druin's and speedforce's guides.
Reply Quote
Str8 awesome.
Reply Quote
View profile
awww, page 3 :(
Reply Quote
View profile
I shared this auction house tracker with someone the other day and they were very interested and surprised to see it, so I added it under Misc (external)
Thanks folks!
http://www.d3rmt.com/auction-house/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]