Diablo® III

[Information] Monk Guides, Builds & Mechanics

(Sticky)

- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
That AH tracker makes me feel like I am working a job! ;)
Reply Quote
^ back to the top. if any of you find this useful, please request sticky.
Reply Quote
So many questions.
Reply Quote
Okay, I know I'm supposed to stay away as part of Lent (my decision), but I've also been popping my head in here now and then to keep myself abreast of developments, but staying away from posting and not logging into the game. But I think this momentous occasion needs to be commemorated.

WE DID IT! This post has FINALLY been stickied, and I want to thank all of those who have participated in the campaign to get this thread stickied.

Okay, I am going back into hiding now. Officially once again.

*doing my happy dance*
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 2/20/2013 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, we did it! Two great successes (Druin's TR thread extended too) in a few days! Maybe Blizz is finally listening to Monks' requests?
KamelJabber, grats on the sticky.
Reply Quote
OMG it finally happened!
Pardon me while I go faint.
Reply Quote
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

P/S. Nameless, I did a double take when I saw your post. :)
Reply Quote
Every vote counts!
Reply Quote
I'm needing help with what to upgrade. What piece of gear do I need to upgrade and get to start building my vast empire?!
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 11:04 AMPosted by DevilSmile
I'm needing help with what to upgrade. What piece of gear do I need to upgrade and get to start building my vast empire?!

Wha?? O.o

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793376
Reply Quote

Wrong forum. You are looking for "Prospective Overlords" not "Monks".
Reply Quote

My first post on a sticky'd thread...woot.

The Monk community is a caring, kind and helpful bunch. I am sure that lots of fellow Monks would be willing the help you in your goals.

That being said, as Bane pointed out, read through the gearing guides in the OP of this very same thread. :)
I plan on updating Post #3 with a super nice thread regarding best practices when requesting help with gearing.

Feel free to create a new thread with specific goals and issues you are having.

The intention of this thread is to provide a quick and easy index of valuable information for new and intermediate monks.

GL
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 2/20/2013 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Boom! yes!! grats!
Harlem shake time!
Reply Quote
Hey guys, so I have not added anything in a few little bit.
The forum has been flooded with new Monk posts, crafting and other misc posts.
I guess at some point in time the amount of new materials will slow down.

Keeping my eye out for new builds, farming routes, guides, etc..., but like I said, the forum has been flooded recently and I'm super busy at work. Keep me posted if a good thread pops up that should be added.

So, the first addition since sticky status was achieved..is...ME :) I really was not going to add it, but it got a pretty positive response when I posted it.

Under "Misc (internal)" I added KamelJabber's "simple gem spreadsheet". It's a very simple spreadsheet that shows you the Jeweler cost to craft gems, how many flawless squares and how many tomes you need. I added that simple data in the OP so you don't even need to open the spreadsheet.

If you do decide to open the spreadsheet, you can enter the AH price of the gem and it will show you your profit.

NOTE: it was designed for ON-HAND materials. Not what it takes to buy and craft. I was accumulating a number of gems and wanted a quick view of what I could do with my stock.
Reply Quote
I don't wanna step on anybody's feet, but what about adding a section for monks who stream? This would be a great place to have that information too, in case new monks come here looking for a more hands on approach and interaction based support.

Grats on the sticky too man, way overdue and 100% deserved :)
Reply Quote
Just saw this got sticked! excellent, I really hope that this helps people coming here now, as the links actually have an incredible deal of useful information.
Reply Quote
I don't wanna step on anybody's feet, but what about adding a section for monks who stream? This would be a great place to have that information too, in case new monks come here looking for a more hands on approach and interaction based support.

Grats on the sticky too man, way overdue and 100% deserved :)

Uhh, under videos, it's been there for a couple of months now :)
Druin JUST put up his stream yesterday, give me a second, sheeeesh ;)

Although, how long would a list like that get...I don't want the Index to be overwhelmingly long...If fact this weekend I planned on going through all the links and making sure they still work and are valid...

thanks enot and everyone else.

p.s. I keep getting grats....you guys need to be gratting yourselves! I just copy and paste, copy and paste....

p.s.s. Blizzard did add a new section in their forum for "Gameplay Videos and Streams": http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/8705194/
Reply Quote
Ah, yeah I see that. But theres quite a bit of difference between youtube videos (recordings) and streaming video (live, usually including viewer interaction). Might wanna distinguish between the two and maybe even give them each their own (sub)sections?

p.s.s. Blizzard did add a new section in their forum for "Gameplay Videos and Streams": http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/8705194/

Thats awesome, I'll hafta check it out. Especially for WD streams, as I don't think I've played with one in literally 6 months.
Reply Quote
Also just found this VERY simple, yet equally effective damage reduction calculator (for finding your total damage reduction from armor and AR):

http://xn--1fh.ws/post/24090618074/diablo-3-damage-resistance-calculator
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 03:22 AMPosted by KamelJabber
Although, how long would a list like that get...I don't want the Index to be overwhelmingly long...If fact this weekend I planned on going through all the links and making sure they still work and are valid...

What somebody should do is create a thread with all of the monk's streaming or maybe even vods., etc. And then you can add just a link to that thread :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]