Diablo® III

[Information] Monk Guides, Builds & Mechanics

View profile
Although, how long would a list like that get...I don't want the Index to be overwhelmingly long...If fact this weekend I planned on going through all the links and making sure they still work and are valid...

What somebody should do is create a thread with all of the monk's streaming or maybe even vods., etc. And then you can add just a link to that thread :)

You are some kind of mad genius?

For now Added Druin's stream...Going to be reviewing the index for optimizations over the weekend.

EDIT: been a while....FIRST on page 13 :D
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 2/21/2013 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
wow finally got stickied, well deserved gg guys.
Reply Quote
Can add to technical/mechanics:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7922982436

MH vs. OH skills, etc.
Reply Quote
Nice, just noticed this got stickied. Congrats!! Great collection of information from all the people who took their time to post advice for new and experienced monks alike.
Reply Quote
View profile
UPDATES:
   ○ Removed the bulk of the "footer" message
   ○ Removed the "request sticky" line in the "header" message.
   ○ Changed the word PvP to Brawling
   ○ Removed the two PTR related threads, they have been marked as read only
       • They were, Druin's Q&A thread and gotaplanstan's buff icons thread.
   ○ Added Vox's MH vs. OH thread under technical/mechanical
   ○ Verified all the links are still valid (actually still need to hit a few of the external links)
Reply Quote
Thanks KamelJabber & everyone else that help to make this MONK community a great community.

I have posted a new 1.07 and linked it under the 1.04 post. Thanks again for this great work Jabber
Reply Quote
View profile
02/27/2013 05:40 AMPosted by KamelJabber
gotaplanstan's buff icons thread.

You may want to re-add the thread, in addition to the thread(s) with blue post(s) that have been made since 1.0.7's launch which have stated there WILL in fact be changes coming to the display of buffs. I can try to help find it if you can't. (I can't remember if it was just in one thread, or multiple)

I have no idea if the amount of attention my thread received had anything to do with them addressing a change to that system, but if it did (doubt it though :p) , its further proof of the positive effect our community has had :)
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 3/8/2013 3:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
03/08/2013 03:18 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
gotaplanstan's buff icons thread.

You may want to re-add the thread, in addition to the thread(s) with blue post(s) that have been made since 1.0.7's launch which have stated there WILL in fact be changes coming to the display of buffs. I can try to help find it if you can't. (I can't remember if it was just in one thread, or multiple)

I have no idea if the amount of attention my thread received had anything to do with them addressing a change to that system, but if it did (doubt it though :p) , its further proof of the positive effect our community has had :)

As you saw, I was a supporter of that thread, but I removed because it was locked.
I think it locked it because it was created under the PTR section of the forums.
Do you want to remake the thread from new?

Also, updates coming, I been a little burnt out lately, so many posts! :/

:)
Reply Quote
View profile
No, I'm saying adding a link to it, plus a link to where there were blue post(s) regarding the issue, showing potentially that if someone goes about asking for a change perhaps they actually are listening.

Theres also nothing wrong with making more people aware of a problem, even if they aren't allowed to comment on it. Its still better for them to know about the problem than not to.

Thats all I was saying.
Reply Quote
Hey KamelJabber,

great job. please feel free to add my TR guide if you like:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6551355873

or if you prefer, you can link to the EU version (same contents):
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5335593551
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks IronMan and gotaplanstan.
Today I started a notepad of potential new entries.
I hate to sound whiney, but there are a LOT of posts and I don't want the Index to become over bloated.

In fact, there are still folks who don't know what is in the index or even use it.

I run across folks who ask me where they can find gearing information....uhhhh....the sticky :)

STAN! I found blue post related to buff icons!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758726090

I also want to change the title but not sure about the etiquette of changing the title of a sticky...
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 3/19/2013 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
You could put the buff icon stuff in the last (bugs/issues) section since thats what it was, an issue for a lot of people.
Reply Quote
Just posting here to say hi. I haven't posted in this thread since it received sticky status, and I feel like I am neglecting it. Just want to say I still love it and refer people here all the time. I am just not good at keeping up communication...
*hugs thread*
Reply Quote
Yes, great resource here! Good on ya, mates.

The gearing and skill/gear mechanics discussions are excellent.

I would suggest expanding the "builds" section. Considering the diversity of skills (and even runes within skills) only 4 build guides here?

As a reference the WD forum post by SkywalkerFX does a good job of being inclusive of any well written guide, and then qualifying them a bit by sectioning them off by build variety. This gives multiple perspectives on one great skill. Many times I learn a bit from each guide. He even has a section for the novelty builds! All ideas have merit even if only for entertainment. Celebrate the diversity of this class and preserve all great ideas here!

Just IMHO.

Thanks for the splendid efforts so far.

PS: are you want for more specific guide content?
Edited by Zuggles#1174 on 3/21/2013 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes, great resource here! Good on ya, mates.

The gearing and skill/gear mechanics discussions are excellent.

I would suggest expanding the "builds" section. Considering the diversity of skills (and even runes within skills) only 4 build guides here?

As a reference the WD forum post by SkywalkerFX does a good job of being inclusive of any well written guide, and then qualifying them a bit by sectioning them off by build variety. This gives multiple perspectives on one great skill. Many times I learn a bit from each guide. He even has a section for the novelty builds! All ideas have merit even if only for entertainment. Celebrate the diversity of this class and preserve all great ideas here!

Just IMHO.

Thanks for the splendid efforts so far.

PS: are you want for more specific guide content?

Hey Zuggles, thanks for your thoughts and feedback. It's always welcome and appreciated by all members!

Admittedly I have not made an update in a few weeks. I've gotten busy at work and at home. I have begun a notepad with a list of additions and revisions I want to make.

Also, I have always and will continue to claim that is not "my" thread. I really appreciate everyone's efforts to get this sticky'd. Unfortunately I don't have the deeper knowledge and/or skills to produce any valuable guide. This is an INDEX pointing Monks' to resources written by other members. The idea was to make as concise and unbiased as possible. That is why the "titles" are strictly the title of the thread unless requested otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to your comments regarding the Builds Section. Your concerns can be broken down into 2 parts.
Skills & Builds.

Skills:
I have not found a post that I can link in here that has a full description of the builds and skills for a Monk.
Now that I said that, let me take it back. LordRaahl's guide (which used to be a sticky) is an extremely comprehensive write up of Monk skills and builds. Again, admittedly, it's a long read, but if you get through it, most of all folks Monk questions regarding skills can be answered there.

Builds:
The actual builds are SO MANY. There used to be a pretty standard "cookie cutter" build, however, since 1.0.7 builds have been extremely varied. I personally am constantly changing my build. Pre 1.0.7 I was cookie cutter all the way. SO, how do I present a valuable build section?
I chose build threads that include a description of why the skills were chosen and how they work with each other. This way the reader can benefit from the use of the build and gain and understanding of theory behind choosing the skills for synergy.
I also like to include threads that have thoughtful followup posts that go into detail regading the builds (topic).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That all being said, I also don't want the index to become so HUGE it's hard to navigate. I get "regular" viewers still ask or look for information that is actually linked in the index!

Where does that leave the state of this Index? I don't know...just doing the best I can with all your support/help

XD

PS..since I walked away while writing this I almost lost it all, but I like to make "longer" replies in notepad then paste it back in here :D
Reply Quote
View profile
Pssst. Kamel. Did you ever get around to adding sync capability to Vrk's spreadsheet?
Reply Quote
View profile
03/22/2013 12:19 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
Pssst. Kamel. Did you ever get around to adding sync capability to Vrk's spreadsheet?

:(

No, i'll make a vid to show you how far I got...I'm in the last but most annoying part of it :(

Oh, that means I need to install office on the new PC...
Reply Quote
I think this thread needs to be added.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8414571665
Reply Quote
Yes! That's a what I'm talking about!
Reply Quote
View profile
UPDATES:
  • Moved Brawling under Builds so that Video's and Builds can be near each other (I think the video section has a crush on the builds section)
  • Moved Builds above Videos.
  • Videos,Builds & Guides are starting to blur into each other...suggestions?
  • title change to try to draw some attention to the sticky

Video
    Removed:
  • narcolepsi's twitch stream (until his return :))

Builds:
    Added:
  • INVIS - INVIS's Monk End Game [Speed Palm Build]
  • TianZi - [Video] Farming MP10 CotA (TianZi method)
  • Druin - [Video] - MP10 CotA farming with Druin!
  • Judlas - The Momentum Monk
  • IronMan1975 - * Tempest Rush Build 1.07 Monk TR Guide *
  • Fitz - [Synergy/Build Guide] Nirvana

Bugs:
    Added:
  • gotaplanstan's original post in the PTR section regarding Buff Icons
  • Blue response to buff icons in the General Section of the Forums
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 3/25/2013 5:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]