Diablo® III

[Information] Monk Guides, Builds & Mechanics

View profile
Submitting my LOH build guide still in works and will be updating but gives a really good start http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10311401143
Reply Quote
View profile
You thought I forgot eh?

Updated with FOUR fabulous guides! :D

Added four guides, all in the "General Guides" Section.
They were:
  • —[ [Guide] - Max EXP/hr in Patch 1.0.8 (solo) ]— ○ by Druin
  • —[ [Short Guide] Powerleveling ]— ○ by fiberbeam
  • —[ Scrapz's Monk PVP Guide. ]— ○ by Scrapz
  • —[ [Guide] The LOH Build ]— ○ by BladeMaster
  • Reply Quote
    Hey KJ!
    Thank you very much for having added my little guide to the Monk's library.
    See you in game.
    Ciao
    fiberbeam
    Reply Quote
    So after dusting my hardcore monk off recently, was wondering where all the hardcore monk guides are? Any up to date with 1.08? Nothing in this thread applied directly and nothing google linked to a useful compendium!
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    11/13/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Davlok
    So after dusting my hardcore monk off recently, was wondering where all the hardcore monk guides are? Any up to date with 1.08? Nothing in this thread applied directly and nothing google linked to a useful compendium!

I have not run across any however I don't spend any time in the hardcore forums section.
    If you or anyone is aware of a good HC Monk guide post it so I can include it in the OP.
    Reply Quote
    11/13/2013 12:31 PMPosted by KamelJabber

I have not run across any however I don't spend any time in the hardcore forums section.
    If you or anyone is aware of a good HC Monk guide post it so I can include it in the OP.

There are a few threads that argue max life regen/sec vs damage, but haven't really found anything 1.07+
    Reply Quote
    KJ my monk brother,
    I haven't really found any RoS monk guide in here. Would you mind look in to that >:P
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    KJ my monk brother,
    I haven't really found any RoS monk guide in here. Would you mind look in to that >:P

Good suggestion.

I do understand that everyone is excited to get a jump on the new RoS/Paragon/Loot changes, however, I personally don't care much for theorcrafting or guides based on vapor ware. By that I mean unconfirmed changes from Blizzard directly.

I may have a misunderstanding though.

a.) Either changes have been confirmed directly from blizzard and I missed it...shame on me
    b.) Folks care to see information based on conjecture

Both ways I can include any said references here. I have not been going all out research into Monkdom lately, however, any suggestions that are valid I will gladly include.

thanks boneyard!
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    KamelJabber...add RoS, fansite and this to the library: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770117237
    Reply Quote
    wow, the last reply here is Nov last year.

Just wondering if Nirvana still doable? I tried with Way of the Hundred Fists: Fists of Fury + Breath of Heaven: Infused with Light, but the dot did not regen spirit for me. Am I doing it wrong or what?

BTW, Op can you please remove or move those undoable builds? Its really hard for people to find a good build within a list of outdated builds
    Edited by Flyaway#1668 on 4/7/2014 12:18 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    04/07/2014 12:15 AMPosted by Flyaway
    wow, the last reply here is Nov last year.

Just wondering if Nirvana still doable? I tried with Way of the Hundred Fists: Fists of Fury + Breath of Heaven: Infused with Light, but the dot did not regen spirit for me. Am I doing it wrong or what?

BTW, Op can you please remove or move those undoable builds? Its really hard for people to find a good build within a list of outdated builds

Thanks for your post here. Classic Nirvana is no longer viable with the changes to ROS, sorry.
    I have not yet purged the "undoable" builds yet.
    The top most section of the sticky has a 2.0 section which I will be updating very soon; in there is a build compendium and two or three other build options.

TY for your feedback, i'll try to do better to keep this updated.
    Reply Quote
    —[GUIDE: The Lightning Monk 2.0.3]—
    ○ by Raisuun
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12427872835
    This is a thread about the Lightning Monk build currently being used by a lot of the classes players at end-game. It outlines the skills used, passives used and what stat priorities should be considered when looking at items. It also includes a link to a video by the author that shows a "TL:DR" version :)
    Reply Quote
    Hello KamelJabber,

as you "requested" in the thread below, here are the information:

—[CALC] The (elemental) Power of the Monk—
    ○ by Carfesch
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12205450732
    This is a thread about and an Excel spreadsheet to calculate DPS and especially eDPS and some more values of your Monk. It shows in a simple way the elemental power of the Monk, when using various skills together with buffs as well as bonuses on skills and elemental damage.

Greetings from Overseas
    Carfesch
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    Thanks folks! I have added both submissions including some additional "External Resources" section.

I have always held the position that this is not my sticky rather the community's. I'm just lucky enough to have the rights to edit it :)

In the past I would always read and vet every entry. TBH, I would spend hours searching for content and formatting it for display here.

Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as I used to to scour the internet for goodies for you folks.

I also find ROS is particularly abundant with variety. SOOO many folks posting their builds and guides based on gear and elemental skills. I obviously can't include everything. I lean toward entries that provide insight, reasoning, explanations and logic to their posts so that it would help readers gain a deeper understanding into the decisions made by the author.

Viva La Monk!
    Reply Quote
    Hey KamelJabber,

I've updated the TR guide for 2.04
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6551355873

hope you like it

—* Tempest Rush Build 2.04 Monk TR Guide *—
    ○ by IronMan1975
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6551355873
    A guide to getting the most out of Tempest Rush in 2.04. Covers Normal and Torment, whether you are dual-wielding or using a 2-Hander, with very little specific gear requirements.
    Edited by IronMan1975#2411 on 4/13/2014 6:49 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    =P
    Reply Quote
    Really nice thread, thanks ! I would be really interested to knwo which skills trigger Strongarm Bracers (and which skills don't) !
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]