Diablo® III

[Information] Monk Guides, Builds & Mechanics

@speedforce
I just find it offensive when people try to force what they want upon others, regardless of how subtle (or passive aggressive) they are about it. I also tend to defend friends when anything they've done or are doing is in question by people of less than respectable quality.

Perhaps the past influenced my lack of giving benefit-of-doubt, but given his track record, it shouldn't be that surprising either...
--

As far as what Nameless has said, I completely agree. If anybody hasn't already taken these three easy steps towards helping to get this thread stickied, we as a community would be MOST appreciative if you would :D

and your post wasn't trying to force what you wanted on me? lol
the world is your mirror, bro.
I know it's tough being a pisces at all,
always reminded of things you don't like, by what you have inside.

And if you really have regards for Kamel's thread like you say,
you wouldn't have started it again with me that way.
So, it looks like all it was is just hypocrisy,
Why can't you just face your own agony?
As far as those requests, you can keep trying. ;)
I am quite certain, they will always be denying.
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 2/4/2013 11:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Countfury & @gotaplanstan

For the sake of Ivgorod, please keep the posts on point in here. The last thing this thread needs is the back-and-forth to overshadow the intent and usefulness of this thread. So please, put your egos aside, and save your popcorn for other threads. Let's strive to keep this one clean and focused on the task at hand - promote helpful threads for new and old monks alike.

----------------------------------------------

And since we are on the top of a new page, please allow me to repeat something I wrote from a couple of posts ago. Please help in the campaign to get this thread stickied! Three things I want to ask you guys to do to help:

(1) "like" the OP - and get this thread to "highly rated status"
(2) click "request sticky"
(3) email forum@blizzard.com and
give them your name (battletag too, perhaps), title of thread, link to thread, and request for sticky. Dunno if they need a short reason, but it probably wouldn't hurt - and do this regularly (like once a week until it's stickied).

Thank you.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 2/4/2013 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
So please, put your egos aside, and save your popcorn for other threads. Let's strive to keep this one clean and focused on the task at hand - promote helpful threads for new and old monks alike.

Unfortunately that mentality was thrown out the window with his very first post. He seems to strive on chaos and drama, otherwise he wouldn't act as immaturely as he does.

I'd ask him to play the no talking/typing game, but I'm sure I'd just get an awfully constructed series of attempted rhyming as a response. At this point, any interaction with him is nothing more than a lost cause.
Reply Quote
just let it go man. it's only a forum. it's only a game.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately that mentality was thrown out the window with his very first post. He seems to strive on chaos and drama, otherwise he wouldn't act as immaturely as he does.

Dude, you aren't exactly the shining beam of maturity in here either, my friend. Someone has to be the first one to take the high road. If you want to talk maturity, show it and stop talkin' about it. Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Nameless
Let's strive to keep this one clean and focused on the task at hand - promote helpful threads for new and old monks alike.

On topic: Kamel, I was clicking through the links in the first post earlier, cos I was linking back to this list for a couple of new monks, and the link to Raahl's Guide had a HTTP STATUS 400 error with this message: "The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect."

Copying and pasting the link works just fine. Thought you might want to know. :)

P/S. Hope you, kiddies, parents, friends, family are all feeling better.
Edited by Joysze#1528 on 2/4/2013 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/04/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Weegee

Just because of those facts, we're supposed to discount immaturity, rudeness, and lack of consideration towards others? I don't buy it...
Reply Quote
View profile
Dude, you aren't exactly the shining beam of maturity in here either, my friend. Someone has to be the first one to take the high road. If you want to talk maturity, show it and stop talkin' about it. Just sayin'.

I haven't been slinging insults, talking down to others, or telling them how they need to organize/change their posts. I haven't responded negatively when people have offered suggestions or constructive criticism for things I've posted.

The difference is, I've called him out on these things. Sure I may do it in a less than friendly tone, or in some cases in an argumentative nature, but that doesn't mean I'm acting immaturely.

Is it so wrong that I want someone who strives to be a staple in our community, to treat people with the same respect that many people treat him? It may sound corny, but think of him as Lebron James. Whether I want to admit it or not, he IS a role model for many monks on these forums. For years (since the trade) many people nationwide have HATED Lebron for how he handled "The Decision." Raahl may not have handled ONE situation poorly, but he continues to handly MANY situations (like this thread) in a similar manner. By that, I mean not taking into account the feelings of anybody other than himself. That by definition is IMMATURITY. And thats exactly how he has been acting, for as long as I can remember.

IF he wants people to take him seriously, he needs to change his attitude and behavior. Its that simple.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 02:02 PMPosted by gotaplanstan

Just because of those facts, we're supposed to discount immaturity, rudeness, and lack of consideration towards others? I don't buy it...

Hey well it's what you make of it. there is SO much junk/riff/raff on here I've perhaps built a skin.
anyways. as you were.

let's get back on topic!

Liked and sticky requested!
Reply Quote
@GAPS
There is probably 0% chance of this thread getting stickied if you continue to go back and forth with Raahl. Whether or not you are right is somewhat immaterial here. If you have beef with him, take it up in a different thread.

For the sake of this thread and the monk community, please stop arguing with each other. And yes, this is directed at you instead of him, because he's just a troll and you are not.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
View profile
let's get back on topic!

Liked and sticky requested!

Don't forget to send an email too :p
Reply Quote
View profile
@GAPS
There is probably 0% chance of this thread getting stickied if you continue to go back and forth with Raahl. Whether or not you are right is somewhat immaterial here. If you have beef with him, take it up in a different thread.

For the sake of this thread and the monk community, please stop arguing with each other. And yes, this is directed at you instead of him, because he's just a troll and you are not.

Thanks!

Yeah you're 100% right, I'll stay on topic here from now on. Thanks for putting things in perspective, sometimes its harder for us to do that for ourselves unfortunately XD
Reply Quote

I haven't been slinging insults, talking down to others, or telling them how they need to organize/change their posts. I haven't responded negatively when people have offered suggestions or constructive criticism for things I've posted.

oh really?

The difference is, I've called him out on these things. Sure I may do it in a less than friendly tone, or in some cases in an argumentative nature, but that doesn't mean I'm acting immaturely.

sounds like you have some twisted concepts about immaturity there,
you never accepted your own immaturity? lol
and you mentioned Lebron James, well, he would appear to be immature too, in your definition of it. so... if Lebron James is immature, and ur not, does that mean ur better than he is? :D

Is it so wrong that I want someone who strives to be a staple in our community, to treat people with the same respect that many people treat him? It may sound corny, but think of him as Lebron James. Whether I want to admit it or not, he IS a role model for many monks on these forums. For years (since the trade) many people nationwide have HATED Lebron for how he handled "The Decision." Raahl may not have handled ONE situation poorly, but he continues to handly MANY situations (like this thread) in a similar manner. By that, I mean not taking into account the feelings of anybody other than himself. That by definition is IMMATURITY. And thats exactly how he has been acting, for as long as I can remember.

IF he wants people to take him seriously, he needs to change his attitude and behavior. Its that simple.

You see,
it's the natural vibe of the alpha, it's called havin' a sense of humor.
I can't help it man, just being myself, you know.
and unlike somebody, I make no excuses about it.

and your illusion that 'you' are actually being taken seriously, is... well, an illusion. :)
It must be tough trying so hard to be accepted?
and if you don't take me "seriously", then why do you bother to respond so angrily? :o

and though I might have not treated you with the amount of..
respect that ur looking for, lol. (probably cuz you haven't earned it yet)
it doesn't mean I'm like that to everybody in these halls.

I'm always nice to the fellas in my guide. I take the time to drop what I'm doing, to help people with their questioning. But when I'm provoked by haters, its a different story. Why should anyone put up with others' envy? it's your own fault that you're jelly of me, lol, so if I dissed you, it must have been meant to me. ;)

But with that being said, I'll drop the subject,
Even though I didn't start it when I last checked.
So let's keep it nice for this thread's sake,
Just like Weegee said, it is what you make. ;)
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 2/5/2013 7:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
And also, hello :-D

I'm in bed, tootin virus, I'll check the link when I get to my laptop.
Oh, and what piffle said

For the sake of this thread and the monk community, please stop arguing with each other.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Okay... is it to safe to say that the argument is over?

Can we all now pursue the joint goal of (1) getting this thread to a highly rated status and then (2) get this damn thread stickied? Thanks!
Reply Quote
View profile
02/04/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Nameless
Okay... is it to safe to say that the argument is over?

My part in it is over, yes. I'll be sure to mention the necessity for this thread getting stickied in subsequent posts I make too :D

I think added emphasis should perhaps be placed on people sending emails, as the "like" and "sticky requested" forms of support are accessed in a much easier way.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 03:19 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
I think added emphasis should perhaps be placed on people sending emails, as the "like" and "sticky requested" forms of support are accessed in a much easier way.

For me, I want to see this achieve "highly rated" status first. I'm guessing that once it's there, it might help it attain the sought after sticky status.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/04/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Joysze
Let's strive to keep this one clean and focused on the task at hand - promote helpful threads for new and old monks alike.

On topic: Kamel, I was clicking through the links in the first post earlier, cos I was linking back to this list for a couple of new monks, and the link to Raahl's Guide had a HTTP STATUS 400 error with this message: "The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect."

Copying and pasting the link works just fine. Thought you might want to know. :)

P/S. Hope you, kiddies, parents, friends, family are all feeling better.

Firstly, thanks for the kind wishes. We are all in that weird post sickness phase. Not totally horrible but feel kind of under water. Currently, i'm personally having sinus issues; better than, well it's kind of disgusting so I'll just say, better than before....

Secondly, good catch on the link, that was my fault, a formatting issue. fixed!
Reply Quote
+1 for the collected info.. -1 for the trolls..
Here's hoping this does get "stickied",collected information is needed,especially as I just noticed the original "Current Monk Information" sticky is gone..No great loss,last I looked it had many skills and runes from well before release that didn't make it into the game,FAR from current info!
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 02:10 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
I haven't been slinging insults, talking down to others, or telling them how they need to organize/change their posts.

I called about this problem earlier on
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793376?page=5#93
However as the compendium manager I really encourage you to establish some communication with the guide creators quoted to see if they approve being on your list ( maybe not all of them want to be featured on a sticky due to discretion issues) and also to confirm if the brief description is accurate for their work (they should be able to provide you a short description on their own).

Contacting the people might be time consuming but I think its really necessary for the things to run smoothly. The guide creators could in return promote this compendium to be stickied and its a WIN-WIN situation.

The problem is that Kamel is quoting other people works, and that in itself involves a degree of responsability if we want to do things respectfuly ( Wat if Kamel decides to write Druin's guide description as "cheap tempest rush for lazy dumb noobs" for example).
It seems right now thats not the case, since Kamel seems to have good intentions , but this aspects should not be solely OP criteria but a cooperation between guide creators and the compendium instead (getting mutual benefits as a result as I stated before).

As a solution, I think this compendium should work in 2 ways:

1- Guide list should only add guides via direct petitions from the guide creators ( thus involving they are interested to be shown here)

2-On the guide creator request ( wich could be a post in here), he should provide the official guide title, a one sentence description and a 4, 5 line paragraph on its contents, and maybe his desired category or place to be accomodated on the current guide list.

Kamel reads the petition, accomodates it in the fitting place (following the info the guide creator provided), and ask guide creator to promote this list among all their readers (for thumps up and sticky).

Doing this in any different way ( specially one in wich Kamel doesnt even talk to the guide creators) means we would rely only on Kamel criteria of wich guides should be highlighted or wich descriptions are the best for them and I think its too much responsabiilty.

Do as you see fit, anyway. But this could be a very interesting system to implement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]