Diablo® III

[Information] Monk Guides, Builds & Mechanics

^
what Colt said.
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 2/4/2013 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
That all sounds reasonable Colt, the only counter to that is that none of the guide creators other than Raahl have ever had any problem with what Kamel has done here.

In fact, they have even supported the thread and rallied to get more "likes" and "stickies requested" for the good of the community.
Reply Quote
View profile
Very interesting thoughts indeed Colt.
Hmmmmm, would that work?

I dunno, just to detail my original intentions was a real easy, an informal list to make it easy for folks to find links to all these wonderful resources. Everyone was doing so much to give back to the community, I thought, "what can I do?" And the list was born. It was born with the idea that it's NOT MY LIST, but the Monk community's list. A list of useful monk information in one thread that's easy to find.

It think for now I can address your concern by simply changing the descriptions to the titles of original threads. Anyone who wants a description added can post here. The description would have to be short though.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:34 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
That all sounds reasonable Colt, the only counter to that is that none of the guide creators other than Raahl have ever had any problem with what Kamel has done here.

just to detail my original intentions was a real easy, an informal list to make it easy for folks to find links to all these wonderful resources. Everyone was doing so much to give back to the community, I thought, "what can I do?"

Having that in mind, it seems this just will need a little more flexibility then, to accept and quickly correct any comments or suggestions from the guide creators as they pop up here.

In this case since its only 1, lets make the proper changes and move on to get this stickied then :P
Reply Quote
View profile
02/04/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Colt
In this case since its only 1, lets make the proper changes and move on to get this stickied then :P

I'll be changing the "descriptions" to the thread titles by tomorrow
Reply Quote
thank you, ;)
and please, don't forget to move my guide to the bottom of that list,
and keep it at the bottom. So we can remain underground, you see.

for the description, put
'Jedi Monk Academy - the Book of Mastery.'
7 words that sum it up ;)

as for my youtube channel,
just write its name : 'Grandmaster's Journey'
and put it at the top of that youtube list.

see, monks are Grandmasters,
it's the class achievement you get after clearing Inferno.
and my videos, tell the tales, and will be a walkthrough of all the builds in my guide,
as well as being the name of the videos themselves.

thank you.
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 2/4/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I dislike bile.
Reply Quote
Highly rated, btw.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/05/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Piffle
Highly rated, btw.

Oh cool! didn't know that happens :)

I started in making the changes per some suggestions...I'll have it all updated by tonight.

thanks all
Reply Quote
View profile
As suggested, I changed the "descriptions" to the thread titles.
Starting from this post I will add descriptions if they come from the author of the thread.
So far only 1 description as been requested and it has been added

02/04/2013 07:15 PMPosted by CountFury
and please, don't forget to move my guide to the bottom of that list,

I have moved it to the bottom of the list in it's respective section.

for the description, put
'Jedi Monk Academy - the Book of Mastery.'

done

02/04/2013 07:15 PMPosted by CountFury
and put it at the top of that youtube list.

they were added in no particular order, if I move yours to the top then what's to stop someone else to be requested to be moved to the top. Funny because I honored your request to move the guides thread to the bottom....what a moral dilemma!

Also updated Vrk's spreadsheet link and removed a broken link.
I think there were a couple of requests for descriptions somewhere on page 6, I'll go back and try to review them.
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 2/5/2013 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
excellent, thanks >:D
on that list, I feel like the cool kids in grade school who sit in the back of the class, YE!

it's name too long btw, just the 2nd line will do, remove the 1st line, that's just its various stage names.
Reply Quote
View profile
Its too bad three of the links run over and look funky XD Other than that the changes look great (even without alt codes :p).

The one thing I noticed, was that the gem calculator is missing a link. Not sure if this is the one you've used but its pretty decent:

http://diablo-3-gem-calculator.com/index.php
Reply Quote
View profile
Its too bad three of the links run over and look funky XD Other than that the changes look great (even without alt codes :p).

The one thing I noticed, was that the gem calculator is missing a link. Not sure if this is the one you've used but its pretty decent:

http://diablo-3-gem-calculator.com/index.php

Added that gem calculator
And yes, that is unfortunate. The formatting options for the blizzard forums is tough for me. I can't get things the way I like it.
I made a new view on post #3...how's that?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/05/2013 06:00 PMPosted by KamelJabber

Oh that looks great :D
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 06:01 PMPosted by gotaplanstan

Oh that looks great :D

+1
Reply Quote
View profile
using the theme GAPS and Sinafae liked, I updated post #3 with a more complete layout
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 06:00 PMPosted by KamelJabber

Way to make it look profesh. I say format the first two pages with the same template.

+1
Reply Quote
View profile
new title?
Reply Quote
Lookin' good. I'd suggest putting Silver's gearing service thread in the same section as the free uber carries, as it does qualify as some kind of free service being offered to the monk community. Perhaps you can even have a separate section at the end for that.

And as for the first two links, You can just put in a heading for "Current Bugs/Issues for Monks in PTR 1.0.7" or something - just so people know that it's more about fixing something than it is about information-type of thread.

Other than that, the OP is looking really good. Thanks for putting effort into making it more user-friendly.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 2/6/2013 6:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks Nameless!

I realize the amount of thought required is extremely minimal, however, ny brain turns off when it reaches critical mass. On top of being backed up at work I've been ill, so right now i'm totally mindless...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]