Diablo® III

just bought diablo 3 too bad it won't install

86 Goblin Shaman
i have seen a few mentions to this but nothing from tech to tell us what is up with this issue of discs not being read by the CD roms...

yeah i could download it but i PAY for overages and i am a little weary with game companies and their issues so would like to know WTF is up with this before i return the game
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ragnaroke ,

If you really have a CD Rom drive, it's not going to read a DVD.

It's basically just a matter of determining if your reader has a problem or the media does. Can you read the DVD in another drive anywhere? Can you read other DVDS in yours?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Also remember that you can log in to Battle.net and add the D3 key to your account management. From there you can download the most current version of the game client and install. That will remove the need for the disks entirely.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
sorry it is a DVD drive and i can run any DVD in it save this one

i am loaded into my admin account

it just refuses to read this disc at all

it will take ages trying to read it but it comes up with nothing when you try to open the disc manually and autoplay is active on my computer

the drivers are up to date as i just checked them as well
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ragnaroke ,

It must be a defective game DVD then. You'd need to return it for an exchange. It might be helpful though to try it in another computer if you have access to one to confirm it has a problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]