After 15 minutes of TL I didn’t think the game could beat Diablo. After 2 hours I was beginning to question it. After 4 hours I shamefully decided I was having more fun in TL. My brother thought the same thing. We both still love Diablo but he also said he felt guilty having more fun in TL.
The following is a list of items I enjoy most about TL and how Diablo can improve. I’m not going to mention things that I think Blizzard will not or cannot change.
1. Gear: In the first 10 minutes of the game I reached level 3 and had some socketed boots, a weapon with 2 sockets and 1 gem. I couldn’t believe it. By level 10 I had 3 set pieces that gave me 2% attack speed and I think like 10% crit damage. Even in Diablo these stats really will not make you level any faster. Let’s not kid ourselves, however it was fun seeing set pieces drop and trying to collect them. Suggestion: Not only make gear better, but add tons of more set pieces including stuff that drops at low levels. Who cares if we have 2% attack speed? It’s not going to do much to the game but it will be fun and rewarding to see the stuff drop.
2. Difficulty: The game has 4 difficulties. Casual, normal, Veteran, and Elite. I started on Veteran Hardcore and have only played this difficulty. So far in the first week I have 8 deaths. I played HC diablo for 7 months and had 10 deaths including 2 DC’s. So that’s about 1 death per month compared to a death per day. I like this. I’m going to have to buckle down and pay attention if I want to progress. And as far as skill goes I got to Diablo Inferno before the big nerf, where they took all the affixes away and whatnot. Granted Diablo killed me but I still got to him pre-nerf so I’m not a complete noob.
3. Bosses: This kind of goes with difficulty but the bosses are WAY more complex and challenging. I about crapped my pants the first time I saw Belial. Once I could dodge stuff though he was beyond easy. Every other boss was tank n spank for a barb so long as you were geared. To give you an idea of the difference, a Torchlight boss would be like fighting the butcher while he summoned monsters and raised towers that shot walking mines out until they were destroyed. The butcher would then again be feared.
4. Stat points: Ugh, I can’t believe I’m saying this. I didn’t miss this in D3 at all until I tried it again. Maybe it had been too long since I had played D2 or something but putting stat points in and putting talent points in is a blast. Blizzard, please consider adding something like this in for the expansion.
5. Elites: Last but not least let’s talk about elites. In Diablo we basically fight the same things. A skeleton champ pack with XYZ or a phase beast champ pack with XYZ. Now I like elites and I like affixes but I didn’t realize how much I yearned for Diversity until I played TL2. In TL they will have monsters that are kind of like mini bosses. Think Act 4 key warden. Some of these little suckers will make you crap your pants the first time you fight them and still make you nervous the second through 8th times (yep, 8 deaths remember? : ( ). Add more key warden type mobs into the mix. Heck make it to where they can spawn in nearly any zone and make them have a higher chance of dropping something nice.
That’s it. I don’t want to make this thing any longer. Please do me a favor, if you read this please do not flame or insult each other. Just post your opinion below because I truly believe the D3 team will make some of these changes by the next expansion pack. Blizzard I still love you. I’m a D3 fanboy for life! Now excuse me, I gotta get back to my other game : 0
TLDR. 1. Add better gear. This includes set pieces, weapons with 4 sockets, and gems that reduce all damage by 3%.
2. Increase difficulty. MP does an amazing job and mostly takes care of this but add in some more complex monsters.
3. Make bosses difficult and complex like a one man raid or something. We should be nervous facing Azmodan in our farm runs but rewarded handsomely for doing so.
4. Stat points. Yep, I’ll admit it. They’re fun, I was wrong haters.
5. Add diversity to elites that doesn’t revolve around affixes. More Key wardens type mobs baby!