Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Fanboy plays TL2

You lost me at Blizzard is the best gaming company around. Sorry but no.
Reply Quote
Swap goblins for phase beasts.

Have dungeons spawn secret areas that take a puzzle to access.

God that would be good in D3
Reply Quote
Totally agree with OP.

I started playing TL2, then after 12 hours in and only in act 3, I was blown away by how much better it is.
Reply Quote
I bought TL2 about a month ago. I played for about 10 hrs and went back to D3. I'll play some more, but it doesn't grab me at all. Matter of taste I guess.
I have been playing Far Cry 3 in between D3. Now this is a cool single player mission. Been having a blast with it(xbox360version).
I do play multiple games at once.
D3 ..since launch
Dishonored
TL2
Far Cry 3
And many Ipad games.
Reply Quote
Yeah I got TL2 for like 10 bucks on steam sale. Wish it came out sooner so I could have just skipped D3 altogether and got my ARPG fix from TL2.
Reply Quote
I have both games and been a Diablo fan since the Diablo 1 days. I currently prefer TL2 over D3, but D3 has improved 10 fold since it went live (1.05+ should of been at release not 6 months+ down the track), But both games have the good and bad, just D3 outweighs itself on the bad over the month which truly hurt itself in the process.

I play both still and will do so for coming months. D3 Expansion uptake I am not sure whether I will get it or not. It will need some serious improvements other than hype to con me into buying it. It will be a wait and see if any of my friends get it and continue to play. TL2 DLC or TL3, I can say yes I will buy it at release in the future.

Everyone's opinion will vary, I enjoy both games these days and hope to do so for along time to come. Was nice to see some friends return to D3 from 1.05+ and still playing today, so that is a plus for Blizz.

Cheers

Ferret
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Bonchon
TL2 IS THE BEST GAME EVERR. $20 vs $60!!! But their forum is dead so I don't feel like playing the game if I have noone to QQ with.

lol
Reply Quote
Eh, if TL2 was that much better, then the Diablo 3 forums would be dead...

I've already played Diablo 2 and Torchlight 1. Torchlight 2 is pretty much more of the same, so I'll probably skip it until a 75% off sale, if Diablo 3 PvP or an expansion isn't out by then.
Reply Quote
RE: Torchlight 2 end game. It doesn't really have one, at least not in the traditional sense of grinding for items at max level.

But that's just a matter of definitions. Torchlight 2 is basically ALL end game. The end game starts the second you load the game. It's not the kind of game you will spend a lot of time feeling weak in. It's hard to describe that feeling, but I think even more than Diablo 2 that TL2 has mastered the formula of making you feel like you are constantly overpowered while still being challenging. And completely unlike D3 you will find items you will want to horde, preparing to build a whole new character around them.

The game does allow you to cycle back through content with the same character like the Normal>>Hell>>Inferno cycle. It's called New Game+. Alternatively, you can play in the Mapworks. This a hub where you can purchase and play through special randomized maps, each with Affixes applied to the MAP.... like "Damage increased 20%," "Magic Find increased 30%," "All enemies have life steal," and so on. After beating TL2 once with a character you can continue to level with the Mapworks as long as you want and ignore the "Act" structure of the game completely if you want.

I sincerely hope Blizzard is watching TL2 closely and analyzing why it is getting such rave reviews (including receiving the title of RPG of the Year from IGN). Diablo 3 has pretty good combat mechanics but TL2 really feels like a game made for gamers.

The OP didn't mention it, but it also runs smoothly even on old machines. My friend is playing it with an integrated graphics card.
Edited by Quo#1762 on 12/24/2012 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
And you mean to say that the story of D3 was any good? To be honest, that was by far the worst aspect of the game... fail troll.
Reply Quote
I just picked up TL2 bc I was incredibly bored with the farm-vend-farm-vend endgame of D3. As far as game play, story, and character customization, TL2 is far above the current version of D3. i agree with a previous post that TL2 + D3 graphics would be an amazing game.
Reply Quote
TL2 has more current players than D3 so essentially to players, TL2 is the more popular and better game
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Shaman
I find it interesting that people say that Torchlight looks cartoony, as though Diablo didn't get rid of it's gritty dark graphics in favor of warcraft like visuals.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Shaman
Heads and shoulders above ANYTHING Diablo 3 has to offer, in both presentation, itemization, gameplay and fun. Not even close. But, that's expected since the people that made the game aren't noobs to the genre like the current Diablo 3 team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd3kKcmxpE
Edited by Icon0clast#1542 on 12/25/2012 8:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Shaman
Heads and shoulders above ANYTHING Diablo 3 has to offer, in both presentation, itemization, gameplay and fun. Not even close. But, that's typical since the people that made the game aren't noobs to the genre like the current Diablo 3 team.

DIII forums > TL2, right?

Yes
Reply Quote
Heads and shoulders above ANYTHING Diablo 3 has to offer, in both presentation, itemization, gameplay and fun. Not even close. But, that's typical since the people that made the game aren't noobs to the genre like the current Diablo 3 team.

I watched the video, the reward from killing the boss is great, and the gold reward is 45000 compare to a ridiculous 850 gold that we get after killing azmodan, lol.

Hey jay, go watched tl2 videos on youtube maybe you'll learn a thing or two about action rpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]